“Romantic and Affordable”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2016

La Serre has the feeling of an old Albany dining place. It is cozy and comfortable and the food is both delicious and affordable.

1  Thank JMVNewYork

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in downtown. I have tried many of the items on the menu and have been very pleased with each entrée I have ordered. This place never disappoints

1  Thank Dustin C
Reviewed 26 October 2015

A coworker and I had lunch here the other day and both of us were very pleased with the soup. I had the French onion and coworker had the split pea. She said it was the best split pea soup she had ever had. I loved the French onion soup which had a thick layer of cheese and was piping hot! We both had the special which was a pasta, chicken and vegetable dish. When I asked for a bit more cheese, I got a small dish of freshly grated parmesan which was a very pleasant surprise! The service was great, and we both like the décor...we will go again when the weather is warm so we can sit outside. There aren't too many nice places to eat in Albany, and La Serre definitely is one I would eat at again.

1  Thank VHikerChick
Reviewed 18 October 2015

We visited recently due to my wife's birthday. She lunched there once many years ago and had a good impression. The day we visited was Sat evening, a busy time for most restaurants. We only saw three couples which was very low occupancy. Appetizer and salard were so so. The two main courses - one lobster seafood and the other beef stew were way too salty. They're not only bad for your health but also not edible. We complained to waiter and he just said sorry. He compensated us a piece of cake and a $25 coupon. We refused to take the coupon since we won't be back ever.

This is a pricy restaurant but the quality of foods is really bad. We now understand why they were not busy even in weekend dinner time.

1  Thank spting612 .
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Purchased a voucher through Living Social via Amazon $35. For $75. meal 2 enters 29. & 2 glasses of house wine. Fantastic meal.

1  Thank Arthur P