“Reminds me of European restaurants.”

La Serre Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 700 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We love the atmosphere at La Serre...very European with lots of wood paneling and quiet tables. There is a cozy bar as well. A lovely quiet place for a romantic dinner, definitely. The food is delicious and the waitstaff are attentive but not intrusive. Definitely a romantic atmosphere.

1  Thank albanywanderer

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

We stopped to get dinner before a show at Times Union Center. When we entered there was no hostess or anyone to greet diners. There was a sign on a table that the restaurant wasn't honoring coupons due to a sold out show. Another woman was also waiting. An employee came along and the woman asked about getting a table. The employee said none were open (despite a significant number of clear unoccupied tables) and that just because people got up didn't mean they weren't at the table. The woman asked to see a menu which the employee literally tossed to her. The attitude had us leave and dine elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

La Serre has the feeling of an old Albany dining place. It is cozy and comfortable and the food is both delicious and affordable.

1  Thank JMVNewYork
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in downtown. I have tried many of the items on the menu and have been very pleased with each entrée I have ordered. This place never disappoints

1  Thank Dustin C
Reviewed 26 October 2015

A coworker and I had lunch here the other day and both of us were very pleased with the soup. I had the French onion and coworker had the split pea. She said it was the best split pea soup she had ever had. I loved the French onion soup which had a thick layer of cheese and was piping hot! We both had the special which was a pasta, chicken and vegetable dish. When I asked for a bit more cheese, I got a small dish of freshly grated parmesan which was a very pleasant surprise! The service was great, and we both like the décor...we will go again when the weather is warm so we can sit outside. There aren't too many nice places to eat in Albany, and La Serre definitely is one I would eat at again.

1  Thank VHikerChick