“red bean paste in kolach-like bread”
Review of Hwangnam Bread

Hwangnam Bread
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Gyeongju
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Had a local take us to Hwangnam bread for a pre-lunch snack. They make a single product. It is similar to a kolach with a red bean filling. I am not a red bean fan but most of the rest of the group really liked them. They were fresh baked, still hot and needing to cool a little.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I visit this shop after sightseeing for the old town and culture in Gyeongju. This is a large building and have a lot of staff. Inside is clean. The test of bread is yummy. Not too sweet for me.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

At first I thought it will taste like the usual bread with red bean paste filling, but a bite of Gyeongju bread had totally changed my thought. The red bean paste is not too sweet and its' taste somehow quite different than my expectation of the usual one. I am not sure either I was really hungry or the bread really taste that great.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I did understand why "this simple traditional bread filled with red bean inside" is famous and full of compliments in the moment I tried in first place.
"Medium sweetness" had worked for both myself who's normally not into sweet things and my 7 year-old son who loves sweet desserts.
Elder people also loves this as a dessert especially with tea or coffee.
Perfect gift when traveling Gyeongju, Korea. Recommended!!!

p.s. Parking lot available for around 15 vehicles. Post parcel available at the counter.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I personally do not like dessert. However hwangnam bread is not too sweet and the bean paste inside is smooth. I like it.