“Lovely location for drinks”
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Ranked #19 of 64 Restaurants in Bentota
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 4 June 2017

although very quiet when we visited, this is a lovely bar area with beautiful view of the sea. Staff were so lovely and helpful.

There are newer reviews for The Loft

Reviewed 18 April 2017

My husband & I ventured up to the loft for cocktails-the DJ was fab & even played Swedish House Mafia just for me!
I loved the after eight cocktail

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Beautiful view over the sea so sunset is a beautiful time to sit with a drink. Can also access the Hotel from the loft where they have regular entertainment.

1  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Staying at the very quiet Surf hotel for 2 weeks and we visited here every nigh for the first 10 days. Mainly had a local Gin and Tonic and I enjoyed half price ladies drinks on both Wednesdays ( although local gin was sudddenly not available on the second Ladies night??), however it all changed due to one of the barstaff, who just kept pestering us every time we visited. He said that his mother was sick and couldnt work and next time we came we should stay at his friends hotel, he offered to take us out in his black Tuk Tuk to buy local Arrack and whilst we tried to be polite and make converastion, he just used to linger about for that little bit too long. We stopped going after he quite rudely said that we had let him down one day after he had turned up to take us out in his Tuk Tuk, which we had politely turned him down, as we already had a reliable driver who was taking my husband to pick up a shirt that he had had made! This unbelievable rude young waiter, after accusing us of 'not turning up' then refused to bring our drinks over, when we went to pay for them we were overcharged and told that the till was broken. However I knew the price that we always paid for our local G&Ts.
It was a shame because we stopped going as we felt uncomfortable because of this.
In high season this would be an amazing venue , with the right staff and music, however we were mainly the only customers and the DJ night music was absolutely awful. I would have given 5 stars if it wasnt for that one awful staff member.

2  Thank Pippin_Picken
Reviewed 26 March 2017

The cocktails are very nice, try the strawberry Mojito. Overall they have a nice selection of cocktails, and the staff are very attentive.
Great place for sun-downers