“Dinner at Sun & Sea as hotel guests”

Sun & Sea Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Bentota
Price range: US$1 - US$23
Description: We'll pick up you stay in Hotel or Villa. E-mail or call us. Reserve your time now
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stayed at Sun & Sea hotel and ate a dinner at the restaurant. We wished we had more time to eat there more as it was the best food we ate in Bentota- we had freshly grilled seafood, roti and curry. Particularly for those staying at nearby big hotels, Sun and Sea restaurant is clean and tourist friendly, but will make a welcome change from the hotel food…..

There are newer reviews for Sun & Sea Restaurant

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend arrived in Bentota after travelling around Sri Lanka and, from first impressions, found it to be extremely quiet with not much more than big hotel complexes on offer. With this is mind, we sought to find a place where we could eat good food, with a good Sri-Lankan experience ...and from reading trip advisor reviews, we found Sun and Sea Restaurant. Let me tell you, this restaurant was so perfect, we went four nights in a row. The food is of exceptional quality (I would say the best curry we ate in Sri Lanka). The owner is extremely friendly and welcoming and the setting is very quaint; fairy lights in the trees, sat a few feet from the train track where trains often pass.

Since we have been home, Sun and Sea has been the topic of many of our conversations and we miss eating there dearly. I would definitely recommend this place and I thrive upon the idea that one day I might find myself back there. 5 stars

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

The best sea food I ever eat!! :) great location close to the beach and very romantic place especialy in the evening with sound of ocean around.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

The Place is a Hidden Juwel ! But once you have find it, you get a delicius meal and a friendly Service! We Went there for dinner and were the only guests (end of theseason)
And we had a fresh grilled fish and a Curry - best of all the little restaurants along the railway . While it was getting dark the man from the restaurant took us to the hotel with
His tuk-tuk ! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I don't like leaving bad reviews, and this isn't a bad one really but I felt the need to review after reading all the amazing comments, which prompted my visit.
We were the first customers to arrive at the restaurant and were seated in one of the three tables laid up. The waiter was polite and friendly and brought our drinks promptly.
I opted for the grilled calamari and others in my party had the Tom Yam soup (which was very tasty), the marinara pizza and the fish and chips (for a fussy eater).
The food took an hour to arrive (there were only three other couples in the restaurant by this time) and I'd asked for fries with my calamari instead of rice.......it arrived with rice. The waiter did get me a portion of fries after I pointed out the error but I'd eaten the rest of the meal by the time they arrived. The squid was tasty but a little chewy and the fish and chips (almost like fish nuggets) was over cooked. The pizza was just OK.
Overall it was a very 'average ' meal.
I did however enjoy the background '80s' music playlist and the lavatory was very clean. The waiter was friendly and the setting was chilled out.
Would I visit again? Probably not, I feel there are far better places to eat in the vicinity but it's worth you visiting to decide for yourselves.......

2  Thank Jenny W