US$114
US$84
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$134
US$113
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$115
US$103
US$262
US$121
US$105
US$76
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Deco On 44(Galle)
US$85
US$76
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$151
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$245
US$229
All reviewsyoga classestea plantationyoga roomgreat teacheramethyst roominner peaceamazing yogatuk tuksmall teasurrounding jungleperfect place to relax and unwindsri lankabeautiful retreatfull body massagestunning architectureno alcoholbike tour
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I visited Niyagama on my own and was lucky enough to be the only guest for a few days. It was an amazing experience and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone - fantastic food, yoga, environment and service. Very grateful to the wonderful host, and will definitely return

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Liz A
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I’m clearly in the minority here as Niyagama has got splendid feedback from most of its visitors. Just to put this review in context, there are some aspects of the hotel that are just not suited to my tastes and requirements (no fault of the hotel though).

So here are the things you need to know before booking Niyagama: it’s 20 mins plus to Galle and there are no restaurants and shops in the vicinity, there is no TV in the room nor a kettle to make coffee or tea, no room service and alcohol is not served in the premises. Children below 12 aren’t allowed in (the silence is one of the highlights of the property).

The positives during my stay were that I was offered an upgrade and a late check out, which was very nice of them.

But here is where I began to have conflicted feelings about this place. The hotel arranges tuk tuk transfers into Galle and I was told this was cheaper than taking one myself. Turned out it was not. Airport transfers are cheaper by half if you book from a taxi device yourself. A mosquito repellant with a sticker price of SLR 250 was charged to me at SLR 300! Really? Is that SLR 50 really more important than the perception this creates amongst guests? My other issues were with the food (fine per se but begins to get boring on the third day and the closest restaurants are all in Galle) and the patchy wifi in the rooms. The hotel says wifi is available in public areas so I guess this is expected.

Lastly, and this really hurt, I was charged a ridiculously low exchange rate by their Manager when exchanging dollars even though the hotel used a higher rate when converting the price of my massage from USD to SLR. Nor was I given a receipt. I was told this is an additional “service” and therefore the rates were lower. Next time, please inform guests of the exchange rate before completing the transaction.

In all, I was expecting great things from Niyagama but unfortunately my experience came up short.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank SR77
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Simply The best!!! A Quiet and peaceful place. A Beautiful house and a nice area. Elke, the owner and yoga teacher- so nice and friendly. nice staff, really good vegetarian food and Beautiful yoga shala. Really Fun with Aerialyoga. Ayurveda massage-+++++. We will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Annbalansyoga
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Staying here was just perfect, such peace and tranquillity! We found all the services provided to be extremely professional including the food and spa treatments which were amazing.
Very good value for money and I would recommend to anyone looking to relax and enjoy a few days chilling out

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 November 2017

one of the wunderful places of the world. very superior architecture, romantic, friendly and helpful staff, delicious food, big luxury rooms with bathroom. excellent view into the green forest with a lot of animals, especially monkeys they jumping from one tree to the other. lying on the pool under the palmroof, just reading or nothing to do. These are highlights in our hektik world. Elke was so nice, warm and friendly und we would come once again.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends