“Great food”

Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: A restaurant serving Arabic and Middle Eastern food
Description: A restaurant serving Arabic and Middle Eastern food
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We visited recently and be warned you might need to wait for a table. We went to a nearby cafe for a drink while we waited for our table.

The food was delicious! Great Hommus & you have to have the Moussaka. So tasty!!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

After walking around Galle a few hours we were hungry and thirsty. We found Chambers and popped in for a bite. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We both had a tagine dish which for my taste looked a bit boring and lacking in taste. Tasted a bit like Swedish "köttgryta" to me. Now I am not accustomed to marrocan cooking but my wife tells me it was good.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We ate here three nights in a row, it was that good! Most important was the staff who saw to it that were were comfortable and had everything we wanted quickly. After a long day touring in Sri Lanka, jungles and beaches, and reptile house, the kids were hungry! The Fatush and Greek Salad was the freshest and tastiest salads we got in Sri Lanka. For the kids who just wanted something simple the chicken wrap with the garlic sauce was out of this world affordable and filling for an 8 and 13 year old. The fries came right away and were yummy. And for me the Shish Kabobs were excellent and my Dad is Persian and I grew up around Middle Eastern Food. Let's not forget that for a Family of four it was affordable and delicious. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We had a nice meal here and it was great to have a change from local or western foods that we had up to then on our holiday. We wanted something different and the food was good though it wasn't the highlight of our holiday. The place itself had a busy cafeteria-like feel and the service wasn't the quickest. However, we had a good meal and a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We went to this place after we saw it had our much favourite hummus. I must admit, the hummus and bread were amazing! But we also ordered avocado salad without prawns (as we are vegeterian). This salad should have never came out of the kitchen. The avocado was black and tasted off and all the rest was just green salad and tomatoes. The best surprise is when the bill came and they still charged us the same amount of money as if it had prawns - not a cheap price either !!! Left having mixed feelings about the place. It clearly has potential but they shouldn’t be giving customers gone off food.

FortBlissGalle, Owner at Chambers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Mara

Our sincere apologies. That should not have happened.

Best Regards