“16 day trip with two small kids”

Sri Lanka Travel Partner
Ranked #16 of 173 Outdoor Activities in Negombo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am Saji Shiran, a Negombo resident, born in this multicultural and very special seaside resort a little north of Colombo, raised by my parents as an active Christian, and when I left the famous Catholic school of Negombo I started my professional life in the hotel business and as an employed driver/guide before I switched over to organizing holiday tours myself in my country in 2012, now enjoying to show tourists from all over the world the wonders and secrets of Sri Lanka together with my wife and a number of carefully chosen and trained drivers/guides, who support me, in case I cannot do the tours myself. I have made it my guiding principle to ensure that my customers experience a most wonderful and adventurous holiday while visiting this country. Any transportation in Sri Lanka is done by myself or my very experienced drivers, who are always in close phone contact with me, in nicely air-conditioned, fully insured cars, vans or even small buses (depending on the number of customers travelling, it may be one individual tourist or a group of up to sixteen).
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Shiran organized us a dreamful journey after our imagination. At the beginning we had an active contact till we finished the organisation of our trip. The difficulty for our trip was to integrate our two kids (3 and 5 years) into the trip that it would not be to heavy or boring for them. And I just can tell you: Everything was totally perfect!
The tempo was adapted to the speed of the kids and we mixed animal with cultural adventures. Because of this everyone enjoys the trip and get what he wants to have without any problems. So we get to know this wonderful and every time smiling country in a detail way, although we travel with our kids.
The hotel choice of Shiran (middle class hotels) was amazing. Nearly every hotel was totally different than the hotel before, but every hotel on its own was unique and absolutely beautiful.
If you sleep into the jungle, if you eat in the evening on a huge balcony between two mountains with live music, if you enjoy your breakfast in front of a mountain with waterfall, if you stay overnight in the highest hotel of Sri Lanka in colonial style, if you watch from a most beautiful and amazing mud and wooden hut on the rural farm elephants, water buffalos, peacocks and so many different birds or to stay in hotels just 50m far away from the Indian Ocean. Every single hotel was just amazing, but the single tours are the real highlights.
If it is a picnic in the lagoon, the elephant orphanage (tip: just stay after the elephants are going back after the bath in the river – after 15min round about 10 pregnant elephants will come to take a bath, but all the tourists are gone), the different kind of temples, Kandy city, the tea plantations, the unbelievable and unforgettable train ride, the rural farm, the dolphin and whale watching or just the beautiful and dreamful beaches.
For us, the people are most impressive. Everyone – and we really mean everyone, where lovely, helpful and every time smiling. Life is on the street – so just stop at a fruit shop, try the delicious fruits and the Roti and enjoy the life of Sri Lanka.
It is the perfect country to travel with small children, because all the people love small kids. They are getting hugged and sometimes they asked in a nice way to take a picture or they help, when one of our kids fall down.
Overall you can say: A perfect tour, perfectly organized.
We came as tourists and leave as friends.
A never-ending thank you to Shiran and his lovely family and of course to our driver, guide, babysitter, bodyguard and many more Kalana (alias Mr. Spicy)
We will never forget this tour.

Emma, Emil, Evi, Veit

"dambulla"
"recommendation"
"safari"

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were three friends from Pakistan and one from India visiting Sri Lanka for a very short trip of 3 nights.
The Sri Lanka Travel Partner, Shiran organized our trip which included Safari, elephant ride, hot air balloon ride, Ayurvedic massage, botanical garden visit etc.
He also arranged our stay in Nice Hotel and the room category was tree house, which was great.
The entire trip went very smooth, they were very punctual of the timings and making sure we get the most out of our short trip.
As requested, they also arranged our last dinner at one of the seafood restaurant.
We also managed to visit Balleys Casino.
We four had a blast on this trip.
Thank you Shiran for everything, looking forward to meet you soon after few years.
All the very best with what you do for your clients.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We explored SriLanka with friends this February for 3 nights through Srilanka travel partner.

Mr.Shiran and driver Mr.Kalana are gem of a person. They are more like friend now. They picked us from airport and took care of all arrangements. They booked the best hotels and room for us.

Three days were less to explore. We explored Columbo Dambula and Kandy. It was fun. I specially recommend it to all. Mr.Shiran provides you customised trip.

Must go to Elephant Safari park, don’t miss Ayurvedic massage, hot air balloon ride was the best experience of life and last but not least do go to Bally’s Casino. It’s one of the biggest Casino.

I appreciate all the assistance of Sri Lanka Travel partner. Thanks

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We, Gregor (36) and Jenna (31) from Switzerland, decided to book in January 2018 our trip with a local travel agent – Sri Lanka Travel Partner The trip was organized according our wishes. Contact was really fast and professional. We began the discussions in August 2017. Our wishes were to discover the country, the culture as well as nature and landscapes, with a personal driver (not part of a group).

The flight was booked by ourselves. We arrived at 3:30 AM and Shiran was waiting for us (having our flight info).

We did not pay anything in advance, payment was done at arrival. In the price was included all entries (temples, safaris…) all hotels (half board) and all transfers. We had only to pay tips, lunches, snacks and drinks in hotels and of course our personal expenses (gifts…). Around 5 to 10 USD per person per day.

Our tour lasted 16 days:

Pickup from airport visit Negombo city & boat tour in Lagoon stay overnight in Negombo.

Visit Sigiriya rock & stay overnight in Dambulla

Visit Anuradhapura & Mhinthale stay overnight in Dambulla.

Visit Polonnaruwa, afternoon elephant safari @ Minneriya national park stay overnight in Dambulla.

Visit Dambulla, Matale Hindu kovil, Kandy tooth relic temple, Stay overnight in Kandy.

Hiking @ knuckles mountain range, evening visit Kandy city & local markert stay overnight in Kandy.

Visit Botanical garden, Embekka,Gadaladeniya,Lankathilake vihara & temples, white water rafting in Kithulgala

stay overnight in near Adam Speak Nallathanniya.

Early morning (2AM) visit Adam’s Speak, drive to Nuwraeliya on the way visit water fall tea factory, tea plantations,

Nuwraeliya city stay overnight in Nuwraeliya.

Early morning (5:30 AM) Hiking & visit Horton plain & worlds end afternoon train ride Nanu oya to Ella stay overnight in Ella

Relax in Ella – hiking mini Adam’s Peak

Drive to Tissa visit Kataragama, relax hotel in Tissa

Early Morning (4:30 AM ) Safari @ yala afternoon transfer to Mirissa beach hotel relax

Relax @ beach

Relax @ beach

Visit Turtle Hutchery, Gall fort & transfer to Negombo stay overnight.

Day 16 – early morning transfer to airport.

Hotels booked were always clean and good standard (generally with air conditioning) Also the meals were okay.

From the 2nd day on, we had a driver for the next 15 days. Christy (one of Shiran’s employee) was really nice. His English was good and he always tried to show and explain everything about his country (sometimes too much). Always willing to help without forcing us to do anything.

Everything was perfectly planed and organized. We did not have any problem, or any kind of stress because we could not visit a place. Everything worked perfectly.

We would recommend at least 15 days to visit the country and see all the interesting sites in central and south Sri Lanka. You have to be aware that the roads and traffic are not what we know from Europe, therefore patience is recommended and time planning cannot always be exact. A driver is the best solution to have a stress-less trip. Between Tuktuk and buses, traffic can be dangerous that’s why we do not recommend anyone to drive there.

Finally, for our trip and what we saw and the hotels the price was really acceptable.