US$256
US$160
  • Pool
Hostel First Colombo Airport(Negombo)(Great Value!)
US$30
Orbitz.com
US$170
US$144
Priceline
Palms Villa Negombo(Negombo)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$50
US$38
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssri lankasmall poolbreakfast was amazingport of callairport picknice gardenbefore flying homerooms are spaciouswelcome drinkguesthousedriverstartcolombo
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

There are two guest houses run with this name which were apparently run by both the wonderful landlady Natasha and Mr Pradeep.
After reading previous reviews I made a booking for my daughter who was travelling solo by using booking.com. I requested that my daughter to stay with Natasha.
Natasha communicated with me from the time of the booking until the day of her arrival checking on arrival times etc so she could welcome my daughter as she knew I was concerned as my daughter was travelling solo.
Unfortunately Mr Pradeep also got involved and when my daughter arrived in Negombo and contacted the guest house he was extremely vile and unhelpful with her and wouldn't tell her how to find the guesthouse because she had decided to stay with Natasha. Luckily my daughter found somebody locally who knew Natasha and they explained how to get to the guesthouse. My daughter had called me explaining how rude Mr Pradeep had been and I contacted Natasha who then made herself available immediately to meet and greet my daughter.
My daughter didn't want to go out that evening when she arrived so Natasha made her a snack which was not expected and was extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful.
Definitely worth staying here but avoid Mr Pradeep at all costs and stay with Natasha.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Haveachip
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I visited there recently with my wife on a long holidays. It was our second visit. Our first stay was quite pleasant because the lady owner Ms. Natasha was the administrator of Serendib Guest House. She is extremely kind and a hospitable lady. Recently, Mr. Pradeep Appuhamy who was employed by Natasha has hijacked her business. Now Ms. Natasha is administering the guest house on one side and Mr. Pradeep on the other side of the guest house. Mr. Pradeep being a sick and a greedy person tries to pull the guests on his side of the guest house who are even visiting because of Natasha's good reputation. He often arranges his private dance parties with vulgar guys in empty room of guest house of his side which caused us extreme inconvenience. After one night stay, we resisted him strongly and told him that we want to stay on Natasha's side. So Mr, Pradeep misbehaved with us like other guests who want to stay on Ms. Natasha's side. Lately, I felt home like comfort because Natasha is a great host. She even cooks herself and feed you like a family. The bedroom, pool is wonderful at Natasha's side and offcourse her cute dog "lady" is so adorable. I would also like to advise the visitors to make sure they stay with Natasha. Otherwise, greedy and rude Mr. Pradeep will ruin your holidays.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Syed K
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Just had a chance to stay in Serendib Guest House again. Very recently I came to know that the wonderful and extremely courteous lady manageress, Natasha of Serendib Guest House has now been cornered by a native administrator Mr. Pradeep. So guys make sure you stay in the portion of the guest house which is being under the administration by that lady. Wish you guys great holidays ;)

Room Tip: Choose the portion under administration of the lady manageress
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank stephen932
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely place. We stayed here for 2 nights before leaving SL and found ourselves rejuvenated when departing.

The garden in itself - pool, deckchairs, patios are fantastic - so relaxing

Cimmon areas are comfy, breakfast is great. Natasha is the most warm and welcoming owner we've had the pleasure of meeting here. Very helpful

Rooms are large, bathroom also. 5 min walk to the beach

Lady the dog was a bonus!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Prasannasanjeewa, Manager at Serendib Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad to hear that you have had a comfortable and relaxing stay at Serendib Guest House and It is truly encouraging for me and my team to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.
We will be delighted to welcome you back in our Serendib Guest House, and let us know of your plans to visit Negombo again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Originally we planned to spend one night somewhere close to the Negombo airport to kick off to a journey mainly by train and buses. When our friends recommended Serendib Guest House, we changed our plans quite a bit. We ended up staying for two nights. Natasha and Pradeep organized activities for us around Negombo. Most importantly, they organized us a driver and a van for twelve days. This was really a good and efficient way to explore Sri Lanka. Our driver Mr. Prasanna was superb and we cordially recommend him. He was an excellent, vigilant driver. We felt really safe. In addition, he was also a guide and a companion.
Our stay at Serendib Guest house was nice, the best breakfast, nice garden, clean spacious rooms. The house is close to restaurants, stores, but still in a very quiet surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family