“One of the best hotels in Sri Lanka”
Review of Heritance Negombo

Heritance Negombo
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 17 April 2016

My Family and I stayed at Heritance Negombo for 3 days. It was one of the best holiday experiences we had in recent times. We were warmly greeted by the hotel staff. Although we were 4 hours early for check-in, the front office staff worked efficiently with the housekeeping staff and were able to get us 2 rooms within 30 minutes. They were very apologetic for the slight delay and I had to explain that it was perfectly alright because we had arrived way before the check-in time.

The rooms had a perfect layout and were very luxurious with all amenities and a great view of the ocean. The food was fantastic and there was a great choice from the starters to the main meal and desserts. The gym was well equipped and the swimming pool was great with water fountains as well.

I only have a very few suggestions for improvement. The hotel needs a bigger restaurant when there is a capacity crowd. A bar is also essential. The staff informed that a new restaurant and a bar are coming up in a couple of months. More attention would be required on the leisure and recreation areas with some basic amenities such as water polo balls, children's games and facilities for outdoor games.

We were sad to check-out but, but were determined that we would visit the hotel again in the near future. Do not be surprised if the General Manager comes to bid you goodbye. All the staff were never hesitant to provide the best service at all times with their pleasant appearance, genial smiles and great attitude. I believe their one single objective was to delight all their guests. I think Hereitance Negombo exceeded this standard, they simply "wowed" us.

We will gladly recommend the hotel to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the north wing as it is closer to the pool and gym
3  Thank Hiranya G
Nipuni S, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read your feedback with regard to your recent visit to Heritance Negombo. It is our pleasure to receive positive endorsements on the personalized care of our staff members and we will make sure our valued guests are delighted at all times.

Thank you very much for providing us with areas of improvement, we are aware that it is only through receiving such constructive criticism can we better improve our product and services in the future.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the near future with your loved ones and look forward to serving you once again !

Yours Sincerely, Ranjan Stanislaus, General Manager, Heritance Negombo.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

We are just coming from a couple of days at Heritance. The check in took longer than expected and the new staff wasn't keeping us informed as we hoped for
Most of the restaurants are still under construction.
The main restaurant (Blue) is excellent. The dinner and lunch is as good as it gets for a buffet. Breakfast is good. Excellent seafood full of flavor
The rooms are good and the pool and the poolside bar is a great experience
Overall a good addition to the Negombo coast

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dilina G
Nipuni S, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback with regard to your stay at Heritance Negombo. We appreciate very much your positive endorsements shared on the restaurant and cuisine.

We have taken note of the suggestive comments given on improving the service at check in process and thank you very much for sharing your sincere thoughts with us for we understand that it is only by receiving such constructive criticism can we better improve our offerings.

Please do visit us again and we assure you of a memorable stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

It is a huge hotel ,built with GRANDESS of the Heritance chain style.Me & my family visited our virgin vist to this hotel last week (12th April).We had a wonderful Buffet ,plenty of food options and friendly service.Since they have opened only one restaurant still, it is so busy with flowing of guests to the restaurant . Since 8th April to 17th April is New Year Holiday period in Srilanka.Most of the holiday makers wanted to visit this hotel as vigin visit.There is a reasonable rush inside the restaurant ,since everyone visited with their families (Some came with 15-18 Pax).
We didn't go inside the rooms or other facilities yet.we will definetly visit here again.
Looks like majority of the staffs have less experience in the industry .Hotel management has to focus on this. This hotel give more attention to the area and the people live surroundings ( Work opportunity especially) .
People who visited here should understand their demand and the hotel procedures.
(Ex- visiting with family to other hotels and end up this hotel and asked for a laundry at 7.30 Pm, which is not ethical)

Lets see how management of the hotel approach the matters.
DEFINITLY WE WE WILL VISIT AGAIN.

Room Tip: No idea about the rooms since we went for dining purpose .But if you get the seaview rooms would be...
3  Thank Ananda2014

Dear Valued Guest,

While appreciating the positive endorsements on the delicious cuisine and the friendly staff, we have taken note of the concerns raised and will ensure that the same is shared with the team.

We understand that it is only by receiving such constructive criticism, can we better improve our product and services in the future and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the near future and look forward to serving you once again !

Reviewed 13 April 2016

Well What can I say, the Hotel is very new and everything from the rooms, wash rooms to restaurant is wonderfully done. Although its lacks of service, I checked in last evening (12th April, 2016) and since I am coming from 2 Hotels i requested the staff for a laundry rate sheet and I was given a lame excuse of the laundry been closed (this been at 7.30 pm mind you) and the first thing tomorrow morning they will get back to me with the laundry rate sheet and collect my laundry. I had to call the reception 3 times and had to call them another time and had to scream at them to come and collect my laundry and voila the guy turns up without a rate sheet to collect the laundry.

Went to have dinner last night and the staff informed me that there is no space or rather no tables inside of the restaurant but I could sit outside if i wish but I did not wish to sit outside, and had to wait for over 20 mins to be seated and not to mention my kids of 5 & 8 were already hungry and worrying us for the food.

And it still continues, I am still in my room waiting for it to be cleaned and now its almost lunch time and despite reminding the staff who arrived that my room has not been cleaned, it still has not been cleaned.

To make matters worse the hotel has not running water from 8.30 am to now, and I was informed earlier that the water would be disrupted only for an hour but now its almost 4 hours and still no water. Damm Shame...

So at this very moment, we are without water and clean sheets and towels and also no water to drink as they have not yet cleaned my room and replaced the room with new water bottles.

The service of this hotel is shame and I don't recommend anyone to visit the hotel unless they don't have anywhere else to stay. Beach access is almost not there unlike the other hotels in the vicinity, and this hotel is a shame for its brand name of "Heritance"m either the top management seriously consider change of its staff in this hotel or they better hand over the management to other company who could do a better job than the present jokers who have no clue what they are doing.

Also I have to mentioned that this is the second week the hotel is operating since its opening but do keep in mind that we are not looking at a chain of hotels which has no hotel experience what so ever, but hotel chain which has vast experience in the hospitality industry that could be more prepared for a opening and running at full capacity rather than handling the entire situation like amateurs.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms on the pool side would be a better bet!!
1  Thank Sohan P
Nipuni S, Manager at Heritance Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Heritance Negombo and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are saddened to note that our offering on laundry service did not meet your expectations. We truly apologize on the inconvenience; however please be informed that the laundry is closed after 5pm.

Thank you for sharing your sincere thoughts on the restaurant. We are glad to share with you the news that another restaurant and a bar inside the hotel as well as ‘Banyan Tree’, an area full of activity will open soon and we assure that we do not disappoint our valued guests in the future.

We looking forward to your next visit and assure you of our superior service at all times.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

It’s huge. Like a canyon wall. That’s the first thing that strikes a guest on arrival at Herritance Negombo. And there’s a VERY steep drive to the entrance. So, difficult if you are elderly or disabled.
Especially as three-wheelers are banned and have to drop you on the roadside. Wonderful if laden with shopping or its raining. As I suffer from asthma it was not an auspicious start. (How many foreign holidaymakers bring their cars with them and HAVE to rely on three wheelers?)
We were visiting friends in one of the suites (patience reader, we’ll come to that in a minute) and asked at Reception to be announced. Unfortunately, visitors are not allowed in guest rooms so that screwed up the drinks-in-room that had been arranged. After a short discussion where the hotel were given a choice of allowing us in or our hosts checked out, we were escorted to their room.
It was a walk. A long walk. A very long walk. Because the hotel is about 300 metres in length and built parallel to the beach, you cannot escape the walk. So, again if you suffer from breathing problems or the vagaries of age, be prepared.
For a suite and as a visitor, we were disappointed in what we saw. Mushroom coloured walls and grey paint. I thought I was in an office. And not a single picture to brighten the room. The bathroom – which is tiny - is directly opposite the room door so a bit disconcerting if a staff member arrives unannounced. A separate toilet with a glass door leaves nothing to the imagination.
As a suite there’s a separate bedroom and dining room with a dining table that will seat 8. Why so big? Perhaps it is an office after all. A Boardroom on the beach. It must be because as a sitting room it’s particularly devoid of furniture. One couch that is the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on. Hard foam very deep seat and a very low back so you can’t lean back to relax. Three small foam cushions tried to soften it, but failed.
I think the overall impression is dullness and functionality. It’s architect (foreign) designed but I don’t think guests were thought about because it appears ill thought through from the guests point of view.
On to dinner.
A large restaurant on the ground floor. (the 2 bars and 2nd restaurant are still being built at the time of reviewing).
It’s buffet style as usual with the usual choices. Apart from curries. Strange there was only one curry on offer (beef). I fancied a Caesar salad and one was quickly whisked up. The main course of Lamb was a disaster and I would urge Chef to think of his suppliers because it was totally inedible. Nothing but bone, fat and grizzle. The Pork, however, was perfection itself. Let’s not be picky here. Overall, the food was good and the service exemplary. Friendly, chatty and with a GENUINE desire to please.
I especially liked the pineapple crumble (a particular weakness) but had to wait until the custard arrived. (And as Judy Dench said in Shakespeare in Love, “Too late, too late”) It’s early days and things will settle down.
They have to learn to close the doors to the kitchen as the clatter and din from within was not good. I expect their crockery bill to be huge as the sound of breakages appeared never ending.
Would I stay there? ‘Fraid not. Far too sterile looking for my taste.
Would I dine there? Yes. Definitely.
Would I recommend? If based on staff personality and service levels I would. If on the room quality I would not. I would expect better.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank truthcommission

Dear Valued Guest,

We regret to note that your visit did not meet your expectations and have noted the concerns addressed.

Please note that due to safety and security reasons we do not permit external guests to visit guest rooms, this is common practice at hotels both locally and internationally.

We have taken into consideration your views on the aesthetics of our property and do recognize that views on colour, decor etc can vary depending on personal preference.

Whilst thanking you for the positive sentiments provided on the cuisine offering and service provided at the restaurant we have noted concerns as well and will share the same with our team.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us , we appreciate very much you taking the time to express your sentiments with us.

We do hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you better.