US$257
US$655
US$635
  • Restaurant
Amani Hostel(Arusha)
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerclean and safe placefantastic thingsliving roomhot waterarusha townmount merucaspervolunteerslaundryorganizationstanzaniasafaritaxis
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I was made to feel unsafe by the male Tanzanian staff members. The female staff members were quite nice but there was one night I was unable to sleep because I feared being attacked at night. Ladies would be better off sharing a room with others, for safety.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Gasper M, Owner at Ujamaa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

We don’t recall hosting you at our Hostel this are pure non funded allegations. Kindly remove this review.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Ujamaa hostel for 2 weeks! I had the most amazing time in Tanzania! The hostel it's self was everything we needed it to be. I shared a room with my best friend and we felt very safe as 2 female travelers. Gasper made us feel very much at home. He was a brilliant hostel host! He showed us all the fantastic things to do in Arusha! The hostel was very clean and tidy! And had a very homely feel. Jenni cooked breakfast and dinner for us every day which was always fantastic. I'm a vegi and she even made me a separate meal!! Thank you Jenni. The hostel was always busy with lots of other like-minded volunteer workers. So there was always something new you could join in with. I enjoyed my stay at the hostel so much that I will be returning again this september!! Thank you gasper for having us! Looking forward to our next trip to Arusha!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Gasper M, Owner at Ujamaa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

We are very thankful for you and for all the good work you put into helping our society ( volunteering programme ). You are one of the best guest we have had this year. We all look forward on having back. Asante sana Amy

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I am going to Arusha once or twice per year because of a project and I really like Ujamaa hostel. I especially like the people there. Even when I am travellig alone, I am not left alone. :) Gasper, the owner is a very nice guy. He is being very supportive with the project. He took time to sit down with me and discuss about my problems and he is a very good person to talk to.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your nice review we will always remember you and you are always welcome to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I stayed with Ujamaa Hostel back in 2013 for two months and had a wonderful time. I was a 31 year old woman travelling alone, and I was made to feel extremely safe and comfortable at Ujamaa. The staff were great and really helped me to familiarise myself with Arusha, the food was top notch and the rooms were nice and clean. There is a real family feeling at Ujamaa and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexia H

Thanks so much and welcome again Alexia

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I had such a good time at Ujamaa. Was there before high season which was great, a small but tight crew of people. The athmosphere was nicely relaxed, felt like a big family. You get very well taken care of in the beginning to introduce you to the environment, both in the hostel as out in the city and at the voluntary places. The staff is so nice and helpful, any concerns and they'll assist you. The food was really nice, cooked by their own super-chef who is also the sweetest friend, as you get to know everyone in the staff which is wonderful. There was hot-water and clean rooms in a safe environment.
I can highly recommend Ujamaa for anyone going to Arusha looking for a genuine and fun stay!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mansson_veronica

You were an amazing person and a good member of the Ujamaa family. Asante sana for the review and Katibu tena Nyumbani ☺️