“Good food but bad service”

Polar Boulangerie and Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Chiang Rai
Price range: US$0 - US$6
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: I would like to present my little bakery shop in town. The name is "Polar Boulangerie and Patisserie". We're serve a premium quality of a breads, desserts, breakfast, many kind of sandwiches and great coffee. Everything were made by ourselves. Focused on the quality of ingredients and taste. The owner (my wife and my boss) of Polar is done and control their in every step. The main raw materials are imported from Europe and the Americas, such as France, England, Denmark, the USA, etc. The principle for the selection of raw materials. We consider the highest quality first All customers will receive the best quality food.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The cafe has an excellent menu. The food is good BUT it takes a VERY long time to arrive. Also your drinks are not served at the same time. I couldn't understand why as there were very few customers (2 others) in the cafe when we were there and the were three members of staff behind the counter. The quality of the coffee is not very good and my coffee was only luke warm.

You also have to go up to the counter and get your own serviette, or tissues in our case as there were no serviette available.

So overall, don't expect good service, don't order coffee but the food is ok.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

A bit out of the way - very good nice atmosphere. Good range of stuff. Worth the journey. Children's play area. Lovely staff

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Ms.Aon, lovely and cheerful owner, brings a lot of delicious cakes and bakery. She also bakes a lovely taste of bread.

I also enjoy variety of healthy choices of dishes the place has to offer such as yogurt with granola (quite sweet for me though, 115 bht)
Creamcheese bagel is lovely
Hot americano is tasty. (double shot cost 75 bht)
Any cake choices never fail to be good.(50-100 bht)

A new place (move from inner downtown) just not far from Rai Mae Fah Luang.
The entrance might be difficult to spot for the first time visitors, but it is worth to keep searching. Don't give up.
There is a playground for kids, 8-10 car parking lots, indoor and outdoor seating, free wi-fi.

Staffs are excellent and good attentive.
Price is slightly high in my humble opinion.

Polar is a hidden gem in Chiang Rai that I would highly recommend if you visit ChiangRai.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Great little spot, nice and quiet. Has a playground for the children. We could smell the coffee even as we drove up the road to the entrance, and it smelled divine. Breakfast was delicious.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great cakes and pastries, very good coffee, and an eclectic menu of breakfast and lunch items that are nicely unusual. Also, the new shop is in a very lovely setting outside of town, which makes it especially nice for a quite breakfast.