Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$29
CheapTicketsUS$29
TravelocityUS$29
Orbitz.comUS$29
TripadvisorUS$29
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The receptionist very very rude,no manner with customer.
we are realy disapponited with their attitude,realy spoiled our family vacation mood.
room realy dirty,asking pasport to be leave scared will use fridge item,non sense.how to leave pasport to them.pls don't ever ever choose this hotel,it's realy dirty.
I never seen such as rude staff as many hotel i been stay in this world,service out,they think we come stay free in their hotel.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank es r
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Left kl central by 9:15 PM train to hatyai arrived at 11:15 AM,try to book sakol,siam all fully booked except Grand Plaza hotel no choice we paid 670bth for a double bed room.The room is on the 3rd floor where the swimming pool is.checked in room 326 and glade the room is clean and facing the swimming pool.One advice not to book room 327 cause is next to workers store room and it's noisy.Checked out on 19/06/2011 by double decker sri maju bus OMG we were caught in big traffic with lorries from Sadau to Bukit Kayu hitam jammed.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank rajasahar
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Hatyai is a very small town near the Malaysia border of southern Thailand. The town is pretty boring and suitable for transit trip to Malaysia. There are many high end hotels however it is unwise for spending fortune for staying there. Grand Plaza is just located near Lee Garden plaza hotel.

If someone booked through Internet, it will be more expensive than checking through the authorized travel agency. Some people checked in directly to the hotel.without booking. They will be charged more than travel agency deal. I got a cheap deal from Konsortium travel agency about the rate of almost bath 700 for a night. There is no extended stay with this deal. I also bought a ticket for Hatyai to Penang from that agency. There is no breakfast included for staying there. Check in process was pretty smooth after showing the voucher from agency.

There are many cheap food outlets surrounding it. Taste may be better than hotel. Overall that location is convenient. There are many super markets and street vendors just a door step of hotel. The weak point is have to go through the garage for going to my room. The principle lift near the reception has to wait for longer because of the high volume of usage. TV was so small and reception was very poor too. Bathroom is dark and not well ventilated. Bedroom was wide and comfortable. It is isolated from the noise of street. Rounded small table and chairs provided for smokers.

I just stayed there for a few days for trip to Malay by land. I was fortunate to stay there without spending much. When I check out I notified that house keeping staff one hour before. She waited patiently outside while I was packing for my clothes. For such a boring and quiet town, Grand Plaza is reasonable for solo traveler with limited budget. I do not mind about staying there again if I have to travel to Hatyai.

Room tip: The higher the floor, the view will be better
Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank FlyFalcon
Reviewed 8 June 2011

What? Housekeeping entered my room with all my belonging still in the room. The bedsheet is pulled out, and it was a mess. It is only 11 oclock and checkout time is 12 oclock. Luckily all my valuables is not left in the room.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank dorybiru
Reviewed 5 May 2011

For the past two years, we've stayed at Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel. Two years ago we booked through an online travel agent, while last year we booked directly with the hotel.

Last year Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel charged us 1149Bt per night and 490Bt for an extra bed, but this year we were informed that there will be a 600Bt surcharge for Xmas eve and Xmas day! We were quite miffed and made a bold decision to try our luck with a different hotel when we arrived in Hat Yai.

Turns out, we could actually purchase hotel vouchers from the local Konsortium Bas Express Semenanjung (KBES) office in Hat Yai. These vouchers meant we could get cheaper room rates (minus the usual breakfast provided by most hotels). Please refer photo attached.

Just in case, we made the usual reservations with Lee Garden Plaza Hotel but we thought that we would try a different hotel this year (if there were any vacancies).

So as soon as we arrived, we walked into the local KBES office. Lo and behold, we got ourselves checked into the Grand Plaza Hotel! The room at Grand Plaza was a ridiculous 680Bt and the extra bed a mere 200Bt. Better still, there was no surcharge nonsense during the Xmas period. And to top it off, it was right beside Lee Garden!

The room we had was adequate for our needs, as we usually spend most of our waking hours out and about. Whoever comes to Hat Yai and spends their time in their hotel rooms must be out of their minds.

Location wise, it is right beside Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel but without the Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel pricing fiasco.

What we liked best & least? Hmm, there’s nothing to like or dislike about the hotel. We absolutely love the price and location, and with the price in mind we’ve managed our expectations accordingly. The Ritz it’s definitely not, but an adequate place to sleep after a hard day of gallivanting it definitely is.

Date of stay: December 2010