“Average food, insulting customer in Thai”
Review of Living Room Bistro

Living Room Bistro
Ranked #292 of 742 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Thai, International, Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hua Hin's premier beach front restaurant, located at the end of Soi 51 on the beach. Stylish Surroundings await you with the finest dining you will experience in Hua Hin.We look forward to welcoming you
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Valentine dinner. My wife and I had two plates each. The mussels of my wife's starter was very good but the main dish "Prawn Steak" was less delicious. The prawns tasted old nd they were cold. I had gambas in garlic sauce. The gambas were very small, the sauce was however. excellent. In order to enjoy the sauce I asked for two more pieces of plain bread. This seemed to be impossible but finally after long time I received two more garlic breads. When I saw the bill however I was surprised that these two bread pieces were 2 thirds of the price of the full plate. So I questioned it. What happened next was totally unacceptable but unfortunately not uncommon in Thailand. I got insulted in a very, very bad way (under the bet line) in the Thai language, the manager assuming that I do not understand the Thai language, which is true but my Thai wife, who was some distance away, understood each word.
I strongly do not recommend a restaurant where customers are insulted such a way and where the customer is only a good customer when he/she accepts everything without voicing his/her opinion.

1  Thank mepian

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Very good food whole sea bass unreal
Falling over the edge of the restaurant 8ft to the beach not good
Having to ask not to have potatoe instead of corn after the meal wa s ordered and cooking had begun very unprofessional
Read youre comments food is good location is good price is fair
Sort out youre service get a grip !

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurants got a perfect location beside the beach with cool sea breeze flowing in. However, the signature cocktail is not so sophisticated as I expected. I ordered something called 'Living Room' and it tasted very plain. I expected something more complex to intrigue my tasting buds. The very bad feature of this cocktail is they topped it with preserved cherry which is considered not so thoughtful.
The wine selection is also not much variety.
The dessert Duo Mango was average. The mango was very sour.
We didnt order any main courses so no comment on this.
In summary, average, not coming back.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had extremely tasteful lunch at Living Room Bistro on the other day, good variety of seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes. Special recommendations to phad thai.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We went here as part of a large group with few expectations after reading some middling reviews on Tripadvisor.

We were led through the garden entrance - past a huge outdoor area facing beautiful ocean views - but noticed the furniture had seen better days.

We were seated in a small concrete floored room to be protected against the elements.

My first impression was the table cloth was dirty and there was a used napkin on the floor.

Again - the furnishings looked like they had seen better days. For this I deducted a star.

The service was terrific and friendly though, and the food was piping hot and delicious.

The price was VERY high for what we got - and I deducted a second star for this reason.

All in all while I liked the food a lot, and the views are quite beautiful, based on the price there are better choices in Hua Hin. I would, however, consider giving it another chance in the future.