M & A Guesthouse
  • Pool
    • Breakfast included
    Good 3.5/5
    View Hotel
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 December 2014 via mobile

quite nice guesthouse
    safty is good, room is quite clean, hot shower and electronic pot, extra beach towels are ready for all guests
    but you can't open windows and there's a lot of bugs inside of room eventhough I didn't open windows and balcony door
    and also they don't have enough cord

Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
    Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the MA Guest House with 2 fellow backpackers for 2 nights. It was great value for the cheap price we paid. We stayed in a private room (we are not fussed about sleeping together in a big bed) and the room was nice and spacious. The owner and his wife were both very helpful and kind. I would reccommend this hostel to anyone staying in Hua Hin.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

We're staying for only a night and we're really satisfied for what we've paid. Location is good, close to bar, night market, public transportation, all within walking distance. Security is one of the best I've seen. You'll need to use the card given to access the main entrance and you'll have a room key as well. For me the most appreciated thing is the owner. He was extremely helpful, giving me tips for where to eat, where to get transportation, let us store our backpack after check out and even offered us to take a shower before we head to the train station in the late evening. I would definitely come back and recommend it to budget travellers.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I had a pretty nice stay. Hua Hin is very expensive, but I got a decent rate from the owner. Still, it's 2-3x more than you'd pay in bangkok or another area. All the hostels are like that here though. The owner was helpful and friendly. Rentals available, which was great. Stayed in double room, a bit cramped, but beds big and room had mirror. Quiet and peaceful. fan only blew on the top bed, so grab that one! Wind kept room cool but city very hot in general. Wifi amazing, best location possible. Wish bathroom had tp because I don't like the bidet things, but that's just me. Would return for sure. :)

• Stayed: April 2014
    Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a small family run establishment in the centre of Hua Hin. Its location is very good because from there we could walk to pretty much everywhere (which is why we stayed again). The rooms have what travellers need including an ensuite bathroom, safe, flat screen tv, good working A/c and great free wi fi. The owner has set up some system whereby guests can watch movies/documentaries on their own hand held devices which was a nice touch.

The place is clean and bright and has a good security system so guests come in and out with a security card which operates both front and rear entrances. The guest house has a PC for guests use and a pool table.

I believe the place is run by the British owner and his Thai wife. They are both pretty helpful and accomodating to guests needs and requests.

Its not the Hilton but for the price at around 600 - 700 baht a night its very competitive and given the location I think its a great deal.

Plenty of places to eat/drink/entertain within a stones throw of the door.

I would rate the place in its class as excellent.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are a climb which may pose a slight difficulty for some guests (perhaps older or infirm) but other than that I think all the rooms are pretty much the same.
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple