Putahracsa Hua Hin
  • Restaurant
Peony Hotel(Hua Hin)
  • Pool
1,390 results
All reviewsoceanside restaurantsilksand roomocean sidetuk tuksilk sandla cannanight marketjacuzzi villaoutdoor jacuzziboutique hotelbeach barturn down servicebeach frontday bedclock towerrain showermain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2012

we stayed for one night in the pool villa. very nice room. Good service with tuk tuk transpoort into town. Breeakfast is supposed to start at 7.00. I was there at the breakfast area waiting as I needed tro get to golf, but they were only just starting to arrange all the stuff. I did manage to get something to eat, but it was far from good. I complained to the Hotel and explained what happened. I would suggest that breakfast does not start at 7.00 am at all, and this is a big deal if you have to leave at 7.15, as I did. Other than this, Hotel was good.

Room Tip: suggest the rooms./ villas on the beach side of the road. This Hotel is split by a busy road. Beach side rooms and restaurant areas are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Putahracsa, General Manager at Putahracsa Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Valued Guest,

we apologize for the delayed breakfast and have taken note.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

First off, personally I don't think Hua Hin is really a place known for its beaches. But it is the closest beach resort destination you can get to if you are traveling to Bangkok for holiday.

I stayed in a Sansky villa for two nights in April and overall I enjoyed my stay there. I chose the Sansky villa as I thought I would be spending quite a bit of time lazing at the rooftop that had a day bed. But it turns out that we didn’t even spend time up there other then checking it out when we first arrived. One of the main reasons was that the day bed was located beneath a tree with rather thick foliage which somewhat obstruct whatever view of the sky we had. Plus I did not want to risk being “attacked” by bugs at night while we chill out at the rooftop. For that reason, I think choosing at standard room would have been a wiser choice for us. Do note that in order to get to the private beach, you have to cross a small road. The resort has a security guard that looks out for traffic when they see guests crossing the road. That is a pretty nice touch! The resort is basically split into half by the road with the fancier/ larger rooms and villas located on the beach side. The beach is not that great but the day beds by the beach are awesome. They are huge (can probably fit 3 pple) and super comfy. We didn't bother checking out the swimming pool as it was a standard rectangular pool which didn't look at all inviting.

The resort is about 10 to 15 minutes walk to the night market. The resort does provide free shuttle service to the night market with their own in-house tuk tuk. However, it's only a one way service so you have to walk or take a cab back. It's pretty safe to walk back even at night as the area is still relatively bustling with traffic and small eateries located near the resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scarlet_ranger

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor which we appreciate.
We are looking forward welcoming you again should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Went with a group of 4 people, and I must say we all were very impressed with the rooms at the Putahracsa. The pool villa that we were upgraded to, was spacious, well decorated and very clean. There was an ipod dock, where we connected our ipod and played off the wall mounted speakers. The rooms were so impressive that we did not have to go out around in Hua Hin, but chill out in the pool and the jaccuzi tub while sipping wine and listening to music.

Breakfast area was different from other places. Very nice sitting area in a circular room. There were bacon, egg corner, pastries and alot more varieties to choose from.

What we were even more pleased about were the service of the staff, who were excellent in speaking english, and very friendly. They were always smiling, which gave an impression that they were very willing to help, which they did.

The beach club, called the oceanside had an excellent atmosphere both in the afternoon and at night. Very peaceful, you could just sit and relax and drink all day.

I will definitely recommend this place, the perfect place to clear your mind, and have a wonderful holiday!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BOresort
Putahracsa, General Manager at Putahracsa Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Putahracsa Resort in Hua Hin.
We greatly appreciate your comments on the property and the team members, your message will certainly encourage all of us to continue providing the best possible service to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you, any friends or family members to sit back, relax and enjoy!

Warm regards

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed at the Putahracsa about a year ago with my partner, my sister and her family with a 1.5 and a 4 year old. Our dad had booked this hotel for us so I had no idea what it was going to be like. I have to say that I did not expect it to be as amazing as it was. Everything was just perfect. The staff were lovely, the rooms were clean, the service top notch and the food was out of this world. The breakfast blew us away every morning. The choice was enormous with Thai and western options, just something for everyone. The restaurant at the beach also produced fantastic meals with authentic Thai flavours but presented in a contemporary way.

Hua Hin has never been know for having a nice beach so the pools (there are three in total) more than made up for that. To top everything off, staff also came round with frozen watermelon and complimentary bottles of water in the afternoons to cool you down.

The fact that the road was inbetween the two complexes of the hotel was no bother at all. There is a lovely guard there to make sure you get across the road safely.

The location of the hotel is excellent as it is in walking distance to the town centre (for those less willing to walk they offer a free shuttle, too!). There is an alley next to the 7/11 full of food carts where all the locals seem to be heading to (including the hotel staff).

All in all, this hotel has set the hotel standard for us and I have to say that no other hotel has managed so far to match the experience we had.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Akinsoul

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay at Putahracsa Resort in Hua Hin. It is a great pleasure to read that you were able to enjoy a nice stay with us and we are looking forward welcoming you back this year if the opportunity arises.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was blessed to stay for 3 nights in one of the garden villas. In this villa we had a seperate living/lounging area, a roof top sitting area, seperate bedroom, and the most amazing rain shower ever!!! There is a seperate bath tub too. The staff here are the most professional, helpful, friendly, and caring people I have ever met at a hotel. There are many larger chain hotels available in Hua Hin, but why go to one of those chains when you can stay here and get far superior EVERYTHING! Because it is a boutique hotel, it is never over crowded. The staff are exceptional, top class. They go above and beyond to make your stay the best that it can be. There was always someone around to help you and if they couldn't do it themselves, they go and find someone who can. The pool areas were so relaxing and clean. I stayed by the pool all day at my cabana, which they don't charge you extra for. Breakfast buffet was top notch! They have an outstanding pastry chef and And Illy coffee which made my mornings extra special. I love the staff here! It's wonderful to see staff members that take pride in their jobs and show genuine interest in their guests. The ocean side area has a cozy out door bar lounge with comfy sofas too!
I can't wait for my next trip there again in January 2013. I've stayed at all the best hotels there and this is the only one I will go back to from now on. Need I say more? Thanks, Putahracsa for an amazing getaway!

Room Tip: If you like more peace and quiet, stay on the garden side, south side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank graceyjung

Dear Graceyjung,

thank you for your wonderful comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We are certainly looking forward welcoming you back,

best regards