All reviews beachfront location small hotel each morning perfect location hua hin beach seafood beachside maintenance
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I've stayed here since I did not have baby, last weekend we returned again because
it's the place with wonderful view and reasonable price. My baby's very happy.
Moreover, there are the inexpensive seafood restaurants nearly there.

Room Tip: Great location and view with reasonable price
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

It’s a charming hotel on the South side of Hua Hin beach. There’s a wonderful view of Wat Khao Takiab and the serene Golden Buddha that faces the sea. My favorite things about Nern Chalet: 1) great location, next to the terminus of the green Hua Hin pickup buses. And it’s right next to a very nice part of the beach. 2) Peace and quiet. This area seems to be very residential, with some very nice houses and relatively few high-rises. It’s about a 20 minute walk along the beach to Tamarind and Cicada Markets. And there’s also several beachside restaurants within a few minutes walk. 3) The staff are SOOOO friendly! They always smile and ask if there’s anything they can do for us. 4) The rooms are clean and roomy, and for a very good price. We really love this place!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I Shall go again in future, i hope they change their breakfast menu, it was highly disappointing not to have good breakfast , rest was good, staff polite and it was peaceful overall, rooms and wash room was clean which was my main concern

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here twice. It's a 3 star hotel so don't expect a 5 star experience.

The location is great, right on the beach. The seafront rooms are a little pricey but direct seafront rooms this close to the beach are rare in hua hin. Non seafront rooms cost much less. Rooms are nice enough and clean enough. There's plenty of staff to help. They are on the passive side. If you need something ask and they do their best to help. Not all have the best English.

The breakfast needs work. When I saw eggs benedict on the menu I ordered it just to see what showed up - avoid it. They should drop it and focus on and upgrade the basics. Orange juice isn't real juice. Coffee is instant.

Tried two gin tonics. Could not taste the gin. No beer coolers (the foam insulators to keep your beer cold).

Umbrellas and loungers need some maintenance.

Having said all that, I'd probably stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2017

For our three night stay we had a great time relaxing, swimming, walking the beach, shopping, and of course eating a lot of seafood. The room with balcony was perfect, and the hotel staff were all very kind and helpful. The beachfront was very nice - each morning I would get up for a great open water ocean swim before having the delicious breakfast served at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
nernchalet, Manager at Nern Chalet Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear Khun Tom G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. You have really caught the essence of what we want our guests to experience when staying at the Nern Chalet Beachfront hotel!
We really appreciated to have you as our guest for a few days, and hope that you will be back again sometime soon!

Thanks & best regards,