i can't rave about pak-up enough! it's a swanky new hostel in krabi town and the rooms/staff/atmosphere are fantastic.
price - very cheap/affordable even for those on a budget
staff - extremely helpful/friendly and there are always people around. great for recommending and helping book tours or travel
bedrooms - very clean and comfortable. solid bunk beds. plenty of room and 2 massive storage lockers under each bunk. my room was female only and had a fan and realy good air con.
bathrooms - male and female separate. plenty of showers including 2 rainfall showers. massive sinks
- krabi town is quite small but it's a great location for visiting ao nang, railay, ko lanta etc but withyout the price tag associated with those places. most tours will pick-up from the hostel and transfer you to the location for free anyway.
- night market 100 yards away for authentic good quality street food; cafe and italian/thai restaurant across the street - great quality/service/value
- 2 computers with free internet and there's also wifi.
- a massive yet sophisticated rooftop bar with a great cocktail list, big screen, loads of candlelit tables, and friendly service
- do it yourself laundry. or if you're lazy a lady across the road who offers very cheap service for you...
- food (small menu but great quality)
best thing: i can't pick one! cheap yet luxury at the same time ("glamo-hostelling") with amazing staff
worst thing: a bit of traffic noise and early wake-ups due to white curtains (but nothing a pair of ear plugs and eye mask can't fix!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thousands of real reviews with a consistently high rating and numerous features in travel blogs around the world recommend us as a top global hostel suggests you are in the right place. Since opening, we have won many an award such as voted ‘Top 3 Hostels in Asia’ by hostelbookers. Book now to see why and experience what we are about: Pak Up quickly created a reputation for being where the buzz is, the most energetic and dynamic place in the area. Our lobby is normally full of backpackers making plans and forging new friendships. Since opening in 2010, Pak Up is the biggest in Krabi. It was the first hostel to open in Krabi Province and remains to this day as the ultimate place to stay. Pak Up could not be better located occupying the main corner in the heart of Krabi Town surrounded by various local markets. Pak Up is a point of transfer including local buses and a boat service to Railey. What more could you want! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Pak-Up Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pak-Up Hotel Krabi Town
- Pak-Up Hostel Krabi, Thailand