All reviews ton sai cheaper bungalows ground floor on the rocks bars and restaurants tonsai internet
Reviewed 24 February 2018

A friend of mine had booked the place for us.

Wifi available by the pool and reception area. Decent speed.
No electricity between 10am to 5pm. Not too sure if this is the norm at tonsai.
My friend happened to fell sick, and resting in bed without proper ventilation wasnt very comforting.
Alot of bugs in the toilet, which is unavoidable. houseflies and mozzies.

Didnt explore the hotel itself, but the general commercial area of tongsai beach is a small stretch that is within close proximity of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the ones nearest to recep/ swimming pool
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harris T
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Ok firstly I think it really depends which room you have here and what you have paid. My suggestion would be to do your research as to what standard room you are choosing and check the room first before you settle in.

We are on an 8 month trip around Asia, lots of time on our hands and not so much money. So we turned up hoping this place had a room for a good price as they had a nice swimming pool.
They had 2 rooms available for 700 baht, one was an uphill bungalow slightly run down and one was a concrete row of rooms located behind the bars. We went for the room as it was much nicer standard however there was music from the bar but nothing unbearable. I would advise to get an AC room as we were so so hot with just a fan (February hottest month!!).

The two morning girls on reception speak excellent English and are so so friendly.

The pool was a lovely touch for us, near on impossible to get a hotel and a swimming pool for this price. By the end of the day it isn’t the cleanest but it’s a double tier pool with lots of loungers and an amazing view on the mountains.

There is only electricity from 5pm-10am, WiFi is on all day but isn’t the strongest.
The hotel is smack bang in the middle of the road of bars, restaurants and hotels/bungalows so great location. 2 minute walk to the beach over the little bamboo ladder or 15 minutes along the path at the side.

Tonsai beach is prime area for experienced climbers, amazing to do or just to watch. Great bar on the beach called freedom bar, sit and watch all the climbers until sunset.

Railay Beach is a 10 minute walk through the rocky jungle, not difficult just take your time and take water. If you go in the morning you have to go through the shallow sea to reach the beach. When you return in the evening the tide is out. Railay is beautiful for the day but very busy so I wouldn’t want to stay there myself. You can do beginners climbing on Railay too.

We loved our stay here and would definitely return on a holiday and stay in a more upmarket bungalow!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

The place is not in perfect condition, but it's nice and clean.

Extra beds are awful, don't count on those. We paid 1500 BHT for a room (ground floor) just next to the pool. Great to stay on ground floor because you exit on the front side of the building. And nice to be near the pool because that gives you internet in the room.

Read about ton sai. It's not necessarily what you expect. The greater part of the land near the beach i deserted because someone is apparently planning on building a resort there. That piece of land is surrounded by a wall (loads of references to Berlin there) and the town of ton sai is behind the wall 200 meters inland. I think it's charming, interesting and I would definitely recommend a visit, especially because of the atmosphere and because it's not your average Thailand -resort-bay.

You can only reach ton sai by boat. 100 BHT per person from aonang. 500 BHT from Lanta. Though at low tide you can walk along the jungle path inland or on the rocks near the water. Watch out, they're sharp.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Traveller_365247
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Very much enjoyed my stay at Dream Valley. This is by far the nicest hotel in Tonsai, and the only one that qualifies as a resort. Fantastic pool with sun chairs.

I stayed in a bungalow which was big and well furnished. Also clean. The electricity went out from 10-5 every day which was not my favorite, but I survived. The shower also was cold after 5 as it needed time to heat up.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Helped me arrange a boat/van to the airport. Also golf carted me from the shore to the hotel when I got in.

You could see a little wear and tear around the edges. In the area that used to be the spa is now abandoned with furniture strewn about.

The hotel is right in the middle of the main drag of Tonsai, near all the bars and restaurants (there aren't a lot and what there are delightfully strange).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Wynn W
Reviewed 19 November 2017

As a solo traveler and a first timer in Krabi (Tonsai) I would say this is the Best Hotel to stay. Front Office Staffs were all great, very friendly, always smiling and very helpful and accommodating. They are all welcoming! Specially to Hom Choochuen and Sakky Deebao! The room is very clean and well maintained. I had a wonderful room located just in front of the pool. And there's a convenient store as well. The Hotel location is very accessible to bars, restaurant and to the beach. And if you want to go to Railay you can walk through the beach path around 5-10 mins. But If you're adventurous enough then you can try jungle walk like about 20-30 mins. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone, specially solo traveler like me. This hotel is just simply AMAZING specially the STAFFS! Keep it up GUYS! Definitely I will come back very soon!

Room Tip: Room just in front of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo