I stayed at this hotel with my husband for two weeks. As written in many reviews, the pool areas are maybe the best thing in this hotel. If you have kids, they will love this place. If you hate kids, this might not be the place for you because this is quite family oriented hotel. However, I think the pool area is big enough for everybody. We had a nice time relaxing by the pool.
We had a pool view room on 3rd floor. It was big, clean and peaceful. Nothing bad to say about that. The only annoying thing was to have to pay for the internet access. That should really be free in a five star hotel.
Restaurants: The prices are not the best, but the first day of our stay we got a discount coupon, which was stamped each time we ate at the hotel's restaurants. The discount percentage grows up to 30 % and at the end of our stay it was cheaper to eat at the hotel than it was in many restaurants at Patong. We did not mind paying the 10 % service fee, because we always got good enough service. Also when most of the time you eat to your room's account it is handly not having to have tip money with you separately. We just really hope that this service fee goes into the employees' pockets as better salary.
We very much enjoyed Chang Thai restaurant and ate there many dinners. The service was great and we loved the food. Many have been praising the Little Tiger restaurant up the hill in their reviews, but we liked the hotel's Thai food better. Little Tiger was a very symphathetic place to visit but the food did not blow us away and was not spicy at all although we ordered it spicy.
The Italian restaurant was a disappointment. Service was perfect but the food was not. Also the prices were higher than in the Thai restaurant.
We ate our lunches mainly by the beach. The selection and taste of foods was not superb but ok. The portions were big enough to share (at least for us), and that is what we did most of the time.
Breakfast was very very good, and it was nice to get to choose from two restaurants to eat (although the selection is the same).
I did not like the beach at all. One cannot really go into the water without swim shoes on. We tried snorkling once - you get to rent equipment at reasonable price from the beach - and it was nice, we saw lots and lots of pretty fish. But I've had better snorking experiences.
Massages by the beach were great and cheap. We tried two places and liked the Good View Massage better.
We used the hotel's shuttle bus to Patong Beach and back several times and it was quite handy.
All in all, we had a great vacation. The hotel is not perfect, but we enjoyed our stay a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst forested mountains and lush, tropical landscaped gardens, serenity awaits at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach. Located on a beautiful secluded stretch of white sandy Tri-Trang Beach, the resort boasts its own reef and stylish accommodation. Our resort is the ultimate destination for individual travelers, families, weddings and MICE. Three beautifully appointed swimming pools, modern fitness facilities, kids club, Spa & a wide variety of food & beverage. Our resort has an outstanding activity program for all ages offering extensive options for the most discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach Patong