I agree with others - it was lovely. Yes it is popular with European travellers but I don't hang out with folks at the hotel so that doesn't bother me at all.
I tried to think of some things that would be helpful - and here they are!
Location - The hotel is near the Novotel (my taxi driver had no idea), up the laneway on the right hand side. Some pics are provided.
Town - the town is to the left. Turning right and going for stroll looking for some brekkie results in a long, hilly walk to Kamala. - ok so I should have asked or looked at a map :)
Scooter Hire - the lady near the hotel is friendly - but gave me a very hard time when I returned the scooter - trying to blame me for dents and scratches that I had not caused. I would not rent from her again.
Tours - the Amazing Canoe tour to James Bond island (pink brochure) has a price printed but you can book it for half that price from the agents down on the beach front. Think I paid 900 Baht. Shop around. BTW the tour was great!
Overall - was fine for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Atchara is the perfect getaway in Patong. Close to all the fun but quiet from traffic and sellers. We have pool, free internet, restaurant, bar,tour info. Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa Atchara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Atchara Hotel Patong
- Atchara Hotel Patong
- Villa Atchara Patong, Phuket