All reviewspool access roomnice irish pubpatong beachhotel managerbar streetnice poolhousekeeping staffhalal foodbangla roadfew minutes walkchoose this hotelstayed nightsfamily suiteenjoyable staywalking streetamayazoltan
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Well this review is a bit late, I visited Amaya last year around August first week in 2015. It was my honeymoon and I booked delux pool view room via agoda for 5 nights. The room was nice and with good space. The best thing about room was that it had the direct entrance to pool which was awesome. We enjoyed a lot specially it is just 2 mins walk from the beach. lots of food choices across. Also the breakfast was good.

The best thing about Amaya is the management and the guy serving as the Hotel Manager was a thorough professional. He was a Turk guy and I remember I arrived 3 hours early and we had to take connecting flights with too much time in between and we were very tired. This guy was very patient and accommodated us right away with in 5 minutes to our rooms.
Towels , washroom and everything was very clean and replaced daily. We asked them not to change the towels too often for eco and climate reasons.
Good pool and ambiance , we enjoyed it very much. If I ever go to Phuket again I will be staying in same establishment.

Room Tip: Always book delux pool view, best room
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarwar H
Coral IR S, Asst. Sales Manager at Shanaya Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear Sarwar H,

Warm greetings from Amaya Beach Resort & Spa

Thank you so much for your valuable comments and regarding to your mention about Mr. Volkan - our Operation Manager, we will pass your mention to him and hope you will come back to stay with us in nearest future soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Hats off to Amaya Beach.
We stayed for 8 nights and though we normally prefer smaller boutique style hotels over complexes, we loved Amaya and really hated leaving. Everything about the place screams attention to detail. The staff are tremendous, from the restaurant to the bar to the reception to the spa to the room service, all of the staff have been trained to a very high standard and are a credit to management. I got a strong impression that one of management key objectives is maintaining a particular standard of care for guests so well done because it's working. A specific mention to the lady who performed my massage, Widdyanna(?), it was exceptionally thorough and professional, and way above what I've come to expect from 'holiday' massages.

The rooms are bright and spacious and cleaned daily. Beds are big and baby cots are available. The baby cot was the highest standard we encountered on our holidays with all the sides covered and padded for baby's safety. On the subject of baby's, they have a babysitting/crèche room available which is supervised but I used to bring the baba down myself for a little bit of air conditioned playtime. Since it was off season, the lady from the crèche used to come take the baby from us for 15-20 minutes at lunchtime just to let us eat together. She just walked around where we could see her with baba in her arms showing her stuff. The baby loved it! The shower area was super, with rain and hose water option, plus designed so that there is a seated area which was fab for washing baba. Large TV in the room directly at the bottom of the bed with a good choice of channels, one particularly good movie channel with 2 or 3 decent movies on each evening.
The pool area is lovely with beds laid out beside the pool looking directly out to sea and other beds laid out under the coconut trees for shade. The hotel adds bed toppers to all beds and the bed toppers have pillows on them which was a first for me! The hotel also has a strict 'no bed hogging' policy with signs up stating that bed reservation is not an option and that towels will be removed if seem to not be in use for long periods, love it!
Pool was spotless and from the pool the view of the sea made it feel like an infinity pool.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank bellaEIRE
Coral IR S, Asst. Sales Manager at Shanaya Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear bellaEIRE,

Thank you so much for your value comments and give us a credit.
We are look forward to welcome you back to stay with us in your next vacation in Phuket.

Have a nice day,

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel is nice & clean. Safe. Very quiet & walking distance to anywhere Patong Beach , Bangla Rd and etc.
Nice swimming pool & with the room access to it.
Breakfast just "ok" and simple , not much for halal food if U looking at it.
Wifi is good and FREE.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear AmoreMN,

Thank you so much for your kind stay with us and give us the valuable comments.
We are look forward to welcome you back to stay with us in nearest future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Amaya beach resort is right opposite the famous Patong Beach.. Our stay was good and enjoyed alot. the rooms had access to the pool which was the best in the scorching Phuket Heat.

The food is a must try specially the Mozarella Cheese Sticks.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller to Phuket and decided to stay in the Amaya for the first time due to it's close proximity to the beach and The Phuket Bike Week.
I am extremely disappointed with this hotel, it doesn't look anything like the pictures posted. The beds have very thin mattresses which extremely uncomfortable and two make it worse they also only have two very thin little pillows. There is no lift to the upper levels which would not be practical for those handicapped or the elderly. I heard one of the owners yelling four letter words at his staff in front of the guests which was down right unprofessional. The owners were always around but not once did I see them greet any of the customers. I also got the feeling that they didn't trust us as they asked for payment up front for transport for my partner to the airport. I paid but was then called at 7am and interrogated by a woman about the transport payment. It has a very small pool but I do like those rooms which are on the pool. The rooms are tired looking and are in desperate need of some maintance.
I will not be staying here again as there are many much better and cheaper alternatives.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo