All reviews bike weekend great view of the water motorcycle rally river run front office very nice hotel definitely stay here again motel castle bolt
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My wife and I stayed there with 6 other couples. It's not the Ritz,but we didn't pay for the Ritz.The rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant.If anyone needed extra towels etc they were provided quickly. My wife has a bad back and the bed was a bit hard for her they brought us extra comforters and blankets so she could sleep better. We could hear people coming in late,but there was no loud parties. It was quite quiet after 11. The location is great, you can walk to most resturants and nightlife. They provide grills if you wish to cook out and docks if you come by boat. I feel it was very good value. It's not for snobs,but bang for the buck it's hard to beat.

Room Tip: Room number 9 has a deck overlooking the river. Its a bit bigger as well
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bob_Cody
Reviewed 15 July 2012

07/15/12: Just got home from a four day stay at the Boardwalk. Rooms are old and worn. Beds are soft. Furniture totally outdated. Really needs a total rehab. Went of owner looking for ice-bucket and was told they do not supply, but we could walk down the street and buy a cooler. Asked about ice machine and was told they did not have one, BUT: we could buy ice from him. Gee, isn't that interesting......
Owner charged credit card for four nights stay five hours before we even arrived. Not very professional as I see it. Made is sound like he was doing us a favor. Rooms are overpriced. Would recommend looking at The Ship Motel or Otter Creek Inn or if you would like something better; seek the Thompson.
Bottom line, serves me right for not taking an overnight ride and inspecting this place before my group made our reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Never would stay again- Ah where to begin.
The bed is as hard as a rock you wont sleep- The drunks outside on the deck and swimming until 3am will also keep you awake.
This motel is such a piece of crap you think the staff would be nice- They are completely rude every last one of them. $120 a night is a joke.
The bathroom kept backing up and overflowing, The water in the shower sucked it kept going from hot to freezing every other minute.
Big big nasty black spiders in the room bugs everywhere Can you say bed bugs- Bring your own sheets and blankets and then burn them afterwards
Tiny tiny tv
It was just a bad experience all around thank god we only stayed for 1 night
STAY FAR AWAY

Room Tip: Go to the Riversedge seriously its right next door to this bug invested dump so much better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki2793
Reviewed 17 September 2010

This was my husbands and my first trip to alex bay we went with friends who have been going to the board walk motel for years. It was okay were going to stay again next year. Not a bad price to stay. And we enjoyed the time we spent there we didn't spend alot of time in the room. but hey were on vaction why spend to much time on the room. If you want to stay in your room stay home.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank relaxed32
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I would never again stay in this motel. For the money we spent for to rooms I could have stayed in a much better place. I've actually stayed in tents that were better. The first thing I noticed was how out dated the furniture was. The first night I was there we were out on the deck and there were hundreds of spiders. Then we could hear something moving under the deck it was a momma racoon and six babies so we had to go in. The toilets didn't flush well and were easily clogged along with the shower that you were standing in an inch of water the whole time you were showering. I had to chase someone down for toilet paper and towels because the maid service didn't clean the rooms until after 4pm. The parking sucked you could barelymove your car around to park and the last nigfht we were there, there was not even one place to park so I had to park down the street and kept going up to put money into the parking meter. Also the place was so noisyyou could sleep well between the drunks running up and down and banging around and the pipes making this loud rummbling sound it was awful. I would not recommend this place. It was the worst I've ever been in and don't know what I was thinking when I called for reservation. This will never happen again.

• Stayed: July 2010