“HOTEL DAR EL OLF”
Review of Hotel Dar El Olf

Hotel Dar El Olf
Ranked #56 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Hi my name is Yvette and I stayed in the hotel for 17days May 2016, I just came back from Tunisia staying at Hotel el olf, from the first night of my arrival , I was treated extremely well and made welcome by the receptionist, Chief of Security Lotfi.... and the animation lads.

All these staff assisted me with my luggage to my room. Ezzeddine the shop owner welcomed me into his shop with such honor, I spend a lot of my days chatting with Ezzeddine .

The owner of the hotel is a very nice and quiet man, I find the stuff at the hotel very professional. Anything I asked they tried there hardest to make it possible.

Any personal assistance I asked the staff I was assists with great pleasure. The chief security Lotfi made sure that I was guided in any place I needed to go. wonderful staffs . The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis.

The pools are cleaned on a daily basis, The massage girl she's great, the cook always in the dinning room to check and chat to clients, the servers are very polite and helpful

I will go back to this hotel again with no hesitation. THANKS ALL AT HOTEL EL OLF FOR MAKING MY STAYING COMFORTABLE AND RELAXED.

Regards to you all Yvette. PS apology to names of staffs all of you were great.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is very good
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank yvettedjeninat

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Okay hotel. To say right away food isn't that great. Hotel is five minute walk from beach. You do not have sea view and pool view is not that great. All the chairs on the pull are always occupied because pull boys keep them for customers that give them money. They will even remove your towel when you go to the bathroom or for a drink. One morning they took our towels from terrace and put it on two chairs for some people from UK. We couldn't go to the beach until we found them and the people thought that we deliberately took their places. The pool boys didn't even apologize. Altogether staff was little too pushy most of time and not that kind to us. We will not return to this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a pool view because any other is too noisy and stuffy. You will not have anything...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jovana J
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Just got back after a week.we arrived after 10pm.it was very hot inside the lobby.after checking in we ware taken upstairs into our room on the third floor,the lift was not working,so we had to carry our baby in the pram and all our luggage up a dark staircase and corridors.room was very small but clean.when booking the holiday we requested cot bed for our 7 months old but we ware provided with a toddler bed!not suitable for our son!!next morning we wanted to sort things out,be moved downstairs and have age appropriate bed for the little one.managed to be moved on the ground floor but still no cot bed!
Food was very very basic and the same every day!reheated and served over and over again.no fridge or a cattle in rooms. All inclusive but couldn't get a coffee outside meal times.everything was a bother for waiting staff,noone smiled (apart from a guy that runs a little hotel shop and a head cleaning lady).
Room was clean and tidy every day but the bedding stunk!
2 nights before our departure hotel turned the aircon off!it was unbearable and impossible to sleep!baby was extremely uncomfortable at night not coping with the heat.they also drained the toddlers pool the day before we left.
On the last evening seating on our room terrace we discovered a waist pipe running just above gushing waist water out!that explained the horrible smell we had in that room!disgusting!!!
So so happy on our departure day to be finally going home!
Don't be fooled by 4 *!!customer service and hospitality really poor!!!
Quite far away from any shops and restaurants or any attractions.a bit of a walk to a beach as well.
Day in aqua land was probably our best one.time spent in this hotel was far from enjoyable!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Justyna C
Reviewed 7 August 2014

this was our 6th visit to tunisia,we,ve stayed in many 4 star hotels but this hotel fell well short.when we got to our room.there was no fridge,no safe and the toilet was not working.i enquired about the fridge and safe,and was told i had to pay extra.15 dinars per week for the fridge and 5 dinars per day for the safe which was situated near the reception.In 4 star hotels this comes as a norm,plus the safe boxes are situated in your room.A chap turned up 30 mins later to fix the w/c,fiddled around for 10 mins and said he,ll come later to fix it.we waited until the next morning and demanded another room,which we got in the afternoon.The food was very limited for choice and basic.hot dishes were warm/cold and the friuts were warm.A toaster made an appearance 10 days into our stay.Around the pool area the music was constant and repetative and the noise went on until 11 at night every night,so if you had a room over seeing the pool ,no early nights.For this hotel to become a 4 star it needs a major overhaul,more staff and more choice of food for there paying guests.Will we stay here again?NEVER!

Room Tip: rooms at the poolside constant nosiy,rooms facing out ,no views at least you get a early night
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank masave h
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just returned from the dar el olf for the second year running. We had a fantastic holiday. Thanks to all the staff who made us very welcome yet again, nothing was ever a problem. Will be returning again next year. DAVE/JULIE room 142

Room Tip: Nice pool views on upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple