El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Les Maisons de la Mer(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
Residence Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
Hotel Kanta(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Kantaoui Center(Port El Kantaoui)
Cleopatra(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
El Hana Palace Caruso Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
Concorde Green Park Palace(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle travellerenjoyed my staylovely hotelportnightclubanimation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from a one week stay here. The location is great, being in the marina, in one of the best parts of Sousse (Port El Kantaoui), with an amazing view of the port and of the sea. It was also only a short walk to the place from which taxis and the tourist train left for Sousse.
Negatives:
1- There's no animation at all so you have to make your own entertainment.
2- tThere's zero for kids to do except the small games area.
3- Rooms very outdated but had a lovely view from our room, view was the marina with fantastic yaughts & catamarans.
4-Only 1 lift working.
5- Wifi coverage is limited to ground floor..you have to go down to connect if you don't have 3G
6- They don't have magnetic cards for the rooms, so they still use old keys with a mass , old refrigerators, old TV sets, few TV channels.
7- The food, very basic and repetative. Desserts and breakfasts were the worse I have had in Tunisia - only cooked meal for brekie was ommeletes and no toaster!!! Very disappojting.
If you are considering Tunisia I highly suggest port el kantaoi as a location, but avoid staying at the Hannibal Palace. Tunisia is lacking from things to see but is ideal as a relaxing holiday. I went quad biking, paragliding, and enjoyed the warm tunisian hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Could never fault this hotel over the many years of going there, Olfa an experienced and friendly person to deal with, attended her wedding all those years ago, cannot say enough about the whole experience. Olfa, you can drop us (Paul and Lynne) an email, still the same over the years, need to come back again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017

have stayed at this hotel a few times but they have taken off all the english channels from the tv only the news now there is no entertainment in this hotel so needs to provide film channel like before

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
olfa c, Responsable réception at El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for the time you have taken out of your day to write and share this review of your recent stay at the Hannibal Palace.

And we promise you that the next time we will try to provide you with more English channels.

Hope to greet you again at the Hannibal Palace.

Best Regards

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I have often stayed here as a single traveller and have always been looked after incredibly well. The staff were always happy to please and I usually had the same room or one with a similar view overlooking the sea to the back of the hotel.

The staff in the restaurant always made sure that I had everything I needed and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food, however, was a little bland and not always to my taste.

It is very central in Port El Kantaoui and offers access to restaurants, cafes, small shops and the famous fountain.

Room Tip: The rooms to the back are spacious, comfortable and with lovely views
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
olfa c, Responsable réception at El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hannibal Palace on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your beautiful review and sincerely thank you for your kind words on our staff, location and services.

However for the food, we hope that the next time you will appereciate it more.

Again we thank you for choosing the Hannibal Palace for your Holiday and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 April 2017

As a single traveller, I enjoyed my stay immensely end-Jan/early Feb 2017. Simply don't understand the negative reviews I've just read. Hotel was clean wherever I went. Staff were attentive, helpful and thankfully unobtrusive. The fantastic choice at breakfast and the indoor pool alone were worth the great rate I paid. Loved the room: size, facilities, including fridge, very welcome, as was the balcony - great view!
Room was cleaned/sheets changed every day.
Didn't use bars or nightclub but when I have in the past they were fine. One review mentioned "hookers". Sadly, tourist resorts attract undesirables, this hotel is not alone.
Grounds, where I've always enjoyed walking, delightful, beautifully kept.
I bought an apartment in Kantaoui in 2006 but had I known deals like the ones I've found were available I wouldn't have! Love being able to walk straight into Kantaoui from the Hannibal.
Looking forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: I was on fourth floor, great views.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank zoekafel
olfa c, Responsable réception at El Hana Hannibal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken out of your day to write and share this review of you recent stay with us at the Hannibal Palace.

We are very grateful for the complimentary description of the room we accomodatedyou in during your stay. we are very happy to know you were very happy with yours.

Also we thank you for your very nice words for our staff.

Again we thank you for choosing the Hannibal Palace for your holidays and hope to have the pleasure os serving you again in the near future

Best Ragrds