“Disappointing 5 star hotel”

Kervansaray Lara Hotel
Ranked #175 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The hotel is large and spacious. Also quite modern. Unfortunately the staff struggle to maintain it. The rooms need a deep clean and small but noticeable repairs. For example, many of the glass floor tiles are cracked and the wooden floors are scratched. There is a lot of glass baloncies, floors and walls, so although this looks light, spacious and modern, they are constantly dirty and smeared with finger prints.
The staff are generally helpful but not not speak a lot of English so it is very difficult just to get simple questions answered. Apparently this hotel is mainly used by Turkish holiday makers and those from the Middle East. We only found this out when we got here.
The numerous pools are lovely and clean. The kids club and mini disco is fab.
The food is varied and plentiful. Brilliantly cooked and seasoned.
The in house spa is lovely.
The general up keep of the hotel lets it down.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lateral sea view, only suites have a separate living space and full on sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Alizon M
There are newer reviews for Kervansaray Lara Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I don't understand how people can give bad reviews. I have been going to Lara Beach the past 5 years, last year I stayed at Kervansaray twice and I'm booked to go again in 3 weeks. Loved the hotel, i admit it's not the best hotel in Lara but for monies worth its by far the best. The hotel is well worth the money, staff are friendly, spotless clean and wifi is brilliant, especially for the kids. The entertainment staff were great with us and even better with the kids. Do not let reviews put you off, the hotel is my favourite

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank liscon2
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed in kervansaray lara for 9 days and just back last night.
This is a huge hotel located in good part of lara,the hotel itself looking very tired as you walk around you feel it realy needs a good referbishment.
Staff working more than normal and you see they are tired most of the times,i think hotel need to employ more people.
Food is average and you expect more from 5 star hotel.
Entertaiment team are doing their best but i found it realy boring most of the times as they are doing the same things every day.
Pools are very clean but there is no towel most of the times.Gym is realy old with broken staff and no air condition working there at all.
Beach is clean and bar located there provides drinks and snacks.
I saw no checking and controling on the door and did not find it safe and secure,for a big hotel like kervanseray i guess you need a better checking on entrance.
Drinks served on the bar are ok and all turkish made.
There is a huge waste of space as you see 2 football pitch in the middle of the hotel.
We never see anybody to play or train there.
Lifts are very fast and there are more than enough in all floors.
My room was in seventh floor and it was realy peacefull.
Most of the hotel guests are russians and iranians and i found them a good people.
I ask the hotel manager to improve all your services as there is a good potential in your hotel.
All the best for new visitors

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Amir M
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel 2 years ago and now this is my second.  A huge decline in the standard and a huge disappointment. The receptionist know nothing about smiling. Barely understand English. You have to be Russian or Turkish to communicate . 35 minutes for check in. The room was too hot. The AC was malfunctioned and it took another hour to fix it. Few minutes later the AC problem back again and took another hour to fix it. I asked to change the room but they refused although the hotel was half empty. The WC was dirty. The furniture was old. The matres was concave due to overuse. The food was very disappointing comparing to what we saw 2 years ago. The fountains was ruined and empty of water. The tab water was strangely salty that you can't wash your mouth with. The towels were dirty exhausted and with blood spots. I can write more and more but I guess this will be enough to warn any respectful tourist from choosing this scam hotel.
To be honest I have to admit that they let me do a late check out (3 pm) with no extra charge.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anmar G
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I arrived here thinking it was a beautiful place from the lobby and outside. I called on the phone before I cane they said it was all inclusive and I specifically asked was wifi free they said yes of course.

I came in and they charged me the full 6 nights at check in on my credit card which I thought was odd as hotels charge when you check out. The first day everything was good I enjoyed the food and rooms were decent but was not clean as it could have been. The place needs renovation as walls have cracks in certain areas of the hotel.

I had wifi first night in my room and even all the way down to the ocean and it was strong connection.

Then the second day it stopped working. I called the front desk they said you have to pay. I said this is not right I was told it was free. They said it's only free in the lounge downstairs and they only give it first day as a trial in your room. So I went to the guest relations and there was bunch of hotel guests people standing around with their cell phones complaining about wifi. So I went in the lobby room where it's supposed to be free wifi and tried to connect and it would not connect at all. I went back to guest relations and they said it's not working right now. I asked when will it be fixed? They said by tonight it should be fixed.

I came at night still nothing. So I waited till the morning and they said they are still working on it. I was starting to get annoyed as I felt they were just delaying so people would just give in and pay to have it in their rooms. So I said again when will it be working? They said in the afternoon sometime. I came back at 12 pm and they said it will be working between 4-5 pm for certain. So I went back to my room and came back at 4:30 and they said it's working.

So I was happy I could finally talk to my family and friends. I went in the free wifi area and it connected it said but it was not doing anything just kept trying to load and did nothing. So at this point it was 24 hours later and I finally had enough of the games.

I went and said I want to leave early and that I want money back for my remaining 4 days they said we can't do that. I went to talk to the general manager and he said according to tourism standards this is how it is and we cannot refund the money. I went to the front desk and said I am leaving and contacting my visa company I went a letter from you saying I checked out at this date. They refused to give it to me! Then I said I want to speak to the police and for them to call them and they refused that too! So I left there and contacted my visa company and they said just get us a letter from the new hotel you checked in at so we know you left.

All in all one of the most dishonest businesses I have ever dealt with, they care nothing about return business or to honour their agreements with their customer. Im am warning travellers about Kervansaray Lara hotel stay clear of this place.

Stayed: June 2017