Hotel Su(Antalya)
US$243
US$237
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$480/night.

1,798 results
All reviewsrelax poola la carte restaurantsmain restaurantanimation teamkids clubturkeywater slidesguest relationslara beachpizzaindoor poolfantastic hotelside sea viewcandy flossevening entertainmentice creamluna park
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We stayed at the delphin with a child of 3 and achild of 9.the hotel was very clean staff were always cleaning in side and out.The pools were great my 3 year old loved the childs pool and my 9 yr old found a friend and spent most days off and about with fleeting vist back to us.You felt very safe there and all staff kept a eye on all children there.The kids club was very eastern european and not at all gearerd for the english but for us this was fine as we like to spend time with our kids on holiday.The hotel had alot of eastern europes there some are very rude to the staff mainly no please or thankyousbut all an all they were no more rude than many english can be.The rooms were quite large plenty of space.The evening food was always very varied .Lots of freshly cooked dishes and loads of fish cooked when choosen.The deserts changed very little from night to night.Day time snacks could not be any better plenty to choose from,from crepes with choc sauce to kebabs and the best jacket pots ever.All in all a fantastic place with pleanty of local malls packed with shops for all.We have looked for a holiday for2010 and decided to go back to the Delphin due to not finding anything that matches up to it.The only thing that let this hotel down was the evening entertainment all dance shows ever night but with young ones an early bed after a bussy day was fine.The local shops seemed to like the Euro so I would not bother with local currancey.So if you were thinking of staying there go for it you will love it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sillymo
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I have just returned from the Delphin Palace after spending 2 weeks there between 5th June and 19th June.

We booked through First Choice and flew with Thomson and the flights were great. We flew down to Gatwick on Thursday night, booked in that night and got our boarding passes and just walked though security on Friday morning to catch the flight - brilliant since there were no queues on Thursday night which made it far easier especially since my wife and I were travelling with our 3 year old daughter. The flight was fine, no frills but that is to be expected and we got through customs etc in Turkey much quicker than I anticapated.

Arrival at the hotel was fast and I agree the lobby is impressive. Check in was good - filled out a form and then sat down in the lobby area for a drink until they were ready to give us our key. It took about 15 minutes to get our key but as we were confortable with a drink it wasn't a problem at all.

I won't go into full detail about all of the hotel as it has been covered elsewhere numerous times. I will just offer my opinion on things that I either disagree with in previous reviews or things that were specific to our holiday.

Two "incidents" in particular made our holiday less than perfect although the hotel is not 100% to blame although could have helped a lot more.

We went to the Tempanyaki A La Carte on the first Tuesday we were there. The meal was average with the majority having been prepared earlier. You are asked if you want each course but when we said that for one course we would take a small portion for our daughter so as not to waste food we were told that the food was prepared earlier and that the option was to have it or not. The Tempanyaki itself was average at best - the cooks spoke no Engligh (they were Russian) so the interaction between chef and diner was zero. I love Tempanyaki as watching the cooking is entertainment to me and a good chef makes the whole thing a performance. At one point the chef made the Tempanyaki and plated it up before we had finished our starter - this led to a argument between the chef, waiter and manager right in front of us - not very professional. We finished the meal and left at which point I heard the manager say "Excuse me, did you leave" - I turned around to see if he was talking to me but he turned away so I thought nothing more of it. A short time later I realise that my iPhone was not in my pocket so I went back to ask if they had found it - surprisingly enough the manager was not around a no one admitted to seeing it. I had the phone in the Restaurant and didn't when I left - it's not rocket science to work out who had it. I reported it to Guest Relations and the Reception and all said they would investigate but the phone never did turn up.

The second, and main issue, we had happened the following morning. We woke to find our daughter covered in about 2 dozen spots - the dreaded chickenpox! We saw the doctor in the hotel (very professional and helpful gentleman during the week - the weekend doctor wasn't as helpful) and he asked us to go to hospital so that a second opinion could be made to ensure it was chickenpox. We were transported to the hospital immediately but fortunately before leaving the First Choice Rep told us that another child had chickenpox a few days before and had been confined to their room until the child was no longer contagious. The doctor examined my 3 year old daughter and said that she had chickenpox and that she was to be confined to the hospital in an insolation ward! Obviously this was very concerning especially since the hospital was 30 minutes by car from the hotel. After several conversations the doctor eventually spoke to the hotel and allowed us to leave on the provision that our daughter would be isolated at the hotel - perfectly understandable. We got back to the hotel and immediately went to our room where we had to spend the next 5 days until the doctor cleared our daughter as no longer contagious. Unfortunately it felt like the hotel did not care about us at all as long as we kept out of sight of the other guests. We were given a slip of paper (a post it note) which said that we were allowed to take food out of the dining room (which is against the rules normally) and that was it. Therefore the next 5 days was spent walking from our room to the main restaurant, collecting food, walking back to the room (they wouldn't even give us a tray) and having to show the slip of paper to numerous members of staff who tried to stop us taking food with us. As one of us had to stay with our daughter at all times this meant that we had to make a number of trips if we wanted to eat together which wasn't much fun given the distance our room was from the restaurant. We were not even able to get more bottles of water for the room when they filled the minibar (to be fair I think that language was the barrier as the person who filled the minibar could not understand us) and we had to make trips back and forth to the bar to get water as there is warning not to drink the tap water. The housekeeping staff had also not been told of our situation as our sheets and towels were just thrown in with everyone elses and the housekeeper then moved on to the next room without washing hands etc - great way to stop the virus spreading. The only good thing was after 2 days the lady from the kids club heard from the First Choice rep what was going on and came to see us with balloons, crayons, paper, necklace making things so at least we had things to keep our daughter occupied on the VERY long days. Even after our daughter was cleared to be able to go out of the room we came across some very rude people - two Russian ladies demanded that our daughter be made to sit by herself far away from the other children after we had taken her to the kids club one day to do a painting - it didn't matter to them whether she was contagious or not when we explained and had they had any brains at all they would have realised that had she been contagious sitting at the other end of the table would have made no difference at all. Another bizarre thing was when we asked if we could get room service (menu in the room offering pizza, burgers etc between 12am and 6am) during the day so we could have a meal together in the room. We were told that it would be "extra" to have this but when asked how much they couldn't tell us. When we asked then to find out another member of staff said "All inclusive is 50 euro a day so something like that" - since we were already all inclusive that was zero help. The staff were not even able to tell the First Choice Rep and said they would come back to her with the information - they never did.

Other than those two incidents I would say as follows

Lobby - lovely area to have a drink and it has free wifi - great for making cheap skype calls on my iPhone before it was "lost"

Main Restaurant - I found the food to be ok - it looks huge but once you realise that one half of the main area is a mirror image of the other the choice seems a little less vast. There were no areas where food could be cooked to order - in Mexico we have been accustomed to having areas where they will cook steaks, fish etc to order or even pasta stations - none of that here. Each night would have a theme - e.g. Italian night, Love night but apart from the display they have (a leaning tower of Pisa for example) the food does not seem to have any relation to the theme. I also came across one of the cockiest little idiots in this restaurant - one night when our daughter was ill I went down and sat by myself at a table to get a break from the room and taking a plate of food up to eat. I was already feeling self conscious enough since I was dining alone which was made worse by the aforementioned person loudly laughing at me for my Turkish pronouncitiation - I had said "a beer please" in Turkish when asked what I would like to drink as I always try and learn a little of the local language wherever I travel. Anywhere else I have been people seem to like it if you make the effort to speak the language - not here evidently. I also noticed a number of tables on the terrace that already had drinks at them despite the doors to restaurant only just opening - guests, mostly Russians it would appear, would pay the staff to keep tables in prime positions for them so that they could still have a good table without having to be there early.

A La Carte - the Tempanyaki was average and the only other we had time to try was the Italian. We arrived in to a 20% full restaurant and were served a variety of starters - lovely presentation and tasted great. After being left to sit for 20 minutes I eventualy had to ask could we have a drink and order our main courses. We received the pasta course which was good once again but then sat and waited for 30 minutes without anyone clearing the plates or taking our next course. Eventually we got up and left without anyone taking any notice due to the length of time - as I said, the restaurant was empty - I could understand it if they were busy.

Pools - lovely big pools with lots of sun loungers and the briliant open sided huts. We were fortunate enough to get a hut on a couple of occasions by going out early. They may take away towels at 8.30 but people just got around this by sitting with them until the pool staff left - they then went away often for hours and didn't use the huts until the afternoon. I also noticed a number of huts that never seemed to have the stuff cleared away in the morning despite being empty - it became clearer later when the occupants "tipped" the staff to not clear away their items.

Beach - a huge disappointment - gravely, coarse sand that heated up to a crazy temperature to the point where you could not walk on it in bare feet. There are plenty of sun loungers under cover on the beach which at least meant there were areas of shade to run too!

Bars - plenty of them with generally good staff - the pier bar is lovely for a drink after dark.

Kids Club - the highlight of the holiday. The lady who runs it is an absolute star who, along with the rest of the entertainment staff, works 12+ hours Monday to Saturday and has a day off on the Sunday - except its not a day off as they have to work the evening!!! The staff work incredibly hard and do a great job entertaining the kids whilst having to speak Turkish, Russian, German and English - impressive. Had it not been for the Kids Club our daughter would have had a lot less fun on the days she was able to go out.

Entertainment - average - the team do a great job to try and entertain and a number of outside entertainers come in to do shows. It's not exactly a West End Show but what do you expect on holiday!

Shopping - the shops in the hotel are very expensive so best to avoid. If you walk out of the hotel and turn left there are a number of shopping areas within walking distance. They all sell the same things - imitation watches, tshirts, sunglasses etc and you need to bargain all the time. The people are very pushy which can get irritating after a while. We went to the "festival bazaar" after a recomendation from the hotel - don't bother - basically a collection of stalls under cover selling very cheap quality gear (ironically there are many different qualities of imitation gear) and the people are far pushier than the shopping area close to the hotel.

Kids Rides - nice idea but the safet level worried me. I took my daughter on a ride and the safety bar popped open, the ride attendant just looked away and I was forced to hang on for dear life to not fall out. There is no way I would let my child go on without me or my wife - not worth the risk.

Watersports - a hut on the beach sells parasailing etc and once again tries to rip you off unless you bargain. Not the most impressive set up I have seen and the guys give the impression they are not that interested. I had emailed the hotel and asked about Scuba Diving and was told there was a place on site - there isn't. If you want to do some diving then I recoment you look into it before arriving and find a PADI centre even if it means travelling. I was going to dive but after seeing the safety standards I decided not to bother as the only places offering it were advertised on the back of a flyer and were not PADI certified.

First Choice Rep - Michelle tried hard to be a help to us and for that we are thankful. She had only been doing the job for a short time so was learning as she went along.

We went to Turkey and this hotel as we wanted the All Inclusive experience we have had in Mexico, Dominican Republic etc without the long flight. Unfortunately the experience did not compare at all despite being of similar cost. If you can handle the longer flight then go to Mexico - it is far better than Turkey.

4  Thank Leighton_Hall
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We have been back for just over a week now and we are still missing it. The hotel is wonderful. My husband and I are very fussy and really did expect to find faults. But it is faultless. The food was magnificent which if anything we had too much choice. We found the staff to be very nice. We were fortunate enough to stay in a suite and it was beautiful and had a SPA bath (highly recommended).

You will need to take a travel iron as a guest told us that the hotel will not provide an iron anymore as one of the other hotels had a fire due to a guest leaving an iron on. The beach towels are great but are too small to cover the sun loungers so take a thin towel to cover the rest of the bed. The sun huts are an absolutely fantastic idea and I really don’t know what I will do without one in the future.

The temperature soared in the second week and the temperature gauge read 63 °c at 5.25pm. How correct it was I don’t know, but it felt correct. Take high factor sun cream.

The kids club was fine if you stay with any child under the age of say 7 as the kids are free to come and go as they please. It didn’t bother me as I stayed with my 2 year old but let my 7 year old play as long as she came straight back to us if it shut.

If you could change the hotel to have more British it would be just perfect. I usually don’t mind different cultures but found that they were an awful lot of rude people (mainly Russians) at the hotel. At least the British queued and they tried to keep their children under control. I was relaxed the first week but found myself being just as bad by the second week.

The review below dated 7 June 2009 from ‘3fromtheuk’ is spot on and I will just be repeating anything they have said if I continue.

Feel free to send me a message if you want to know anything else. I will help best I can.

Enjoy your holiday and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank TMacca
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We only got back in the early hours of this morning and I so want to book up to go again. Truly loved it. The entire hotel and the grounds were clean and comfortable. The food was amazing - so much variety each day and the puddings were to die for! All the staff were helpful and friendly. Lots going on around the pool everyday. Kiddy Club was brilliant - very varied activities for children 4 years and up. The moonlight bar at the end of the jetty was fab. The British seemed to be in the minority though. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of manners in terms of other foreign guests when it came to queing up for drinks and food and the fairground. Saw many Russians and Germans pushing in all week long - how rude!

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank KittyKatW
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We picked this hotel due to the consistently good reviews and value for money Turkey offers compared to the 'euro zone' at the moment. It really did live up to expectations with the weather, food and service all being top notch.

Food really was out of this world, we tried the a la carte once but preferred the main restaurant really because of the choice on offer and ability to eat when we wanted. Other brit guests ate every night in the a la cartes but they did get busy and you did need to get on the phone at 9.00 to book to be sure of getting in.

It was great to stay at a hotel with no 'sunbed' problems. There are more than enough for all guests and anyone who trys to bag one before 8.30 gets their towel removed - GREAT!

Food quality was great with snacks (we renamed 3.30 as 'waffle o'clock!') by the pool available most of the day plus coffee / bar areas in the shade. There is a fridge in your room with soft drinks, nuts, chocolate and a couple of beers in which is replenished everyday too. Alcoholic drink selection is the usual cocktails, lager and wine (including sparkling which was nice and everyone referred to as champagne). If you like UK ale, in the piano bar / reception area you could ask for a 'dark beer' which was pretty similar to Theakstons Old Peculiar.

Some nice touches also include free wireless Internet access in the lobby, you don't have to pay for the safe in the room, popcorn and candyfloss for the kids each night, and a free bus service to Antalya everyday.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this but would put a few caveats in.....

1) There are only 10% brits there so there is a presumption that everyone is German. Most of the brits we spoke to were fairly astonished at the rudeness (think queue jumping especially) of both the German and Russian guests which predominately make up the other 90%. Even the Turkish staff (who are mostly excellent) don't seem to particuarly like them (behind their backs).

2) You can genuinely not spend an additional penny once you get there if you don't venture out. If you do, be prepared for some pretty aggressive tactics from shopkeepers to get you into their shops. You almost have to end up being rude to avoid them.

3) The entertainment was pretty poor in the evenings. 4 of the 14 nights we were there was dance groups which we felt when on too long (as did others) and on the other nights the entertainment laid on by the animation team is best described as 'enthusiastic' rather than good quality.

4) The pool area gets very slippery when wet and we saw many people fall over and subsequently appear on crutches the following day.

All in all, after 14 nights we all agreed we could have quite happily stayed on for another 7 nights which is the best recommendation we could offer.

2  Thank 3fromtheUK