“Not for the english”

Delphin Palace Hotel
Ranked #24 of 235 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Sadly disappointed took my 10year old grandson for a week and there were no English kids to play with. 75% of staff do not understand English they constantly got our orders wrong or had to find a staff member who understood us and even then they forget half the time what we ordered. Food was definitely only 3star and dining room was a nightmare with queues for food. Not much to do for 10 year olds activity pool catered more for adults or really young kids. After a couple of days on slides my grandson was bored. We paid to go land of legends aqua park for 2 days which was fab. On a plus side our rep from travel republic was amazing when we told him we wanted to change hotels. He could not accommodate this but took us personally to aqua park and picked us up. He also offered to take us back in the night as it looked amazing but we were leaving next day so to tired.

Room Tip: Sea view our room overlooked the tennis court and facing another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 558sandra116
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Delphin Hotels.
Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we wish to apologize for any shortcomings you encountered on your stay. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
We as a hotel definitely had no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and we have taken all notes, due to the fact that these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously.
We will review all the facts with the staff involved to correct whatever is necessary to prevent this from happening again.
Thank you for the time you took to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Delphin Hotels in the near future and be able to restore your faith.
Best regards,
CRM of Delphin Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stayed for two weeks in turkey, the first week in the sensatori Sorgun which was fabulous however we booked the second week here as we thought that our two boys might enjoy the slides and from the descriptions the many activities advertised.
Sadly whilst our first week in the Sensatori was fabulous the second week at this hotel would have been horrific had we not met some friends the second night.
Rooms are not as advertised a small sofa without a mattress for a 12 year old is not acceptable
Geared towards Russians and Germans, very few British at the hotel
If you don't mind being pushed out of the queues for anything while Russians bark orders at the bar without a please or thank you then this is the place to visit.
Not quite how i like to spend my hard earned holidays
Dirty around the pool however with the amount of people eating doner kebabs and pizza and waffles while in the pool it's hardly surprising
Staff are quite slow and not very friendly however if I had to put up with the rude people then I would probably feel the same.
We arrived and were given a room overlooking the fame hotel, wasn't particularly impressed as we were due to check in at 2pm and our room wasn't ready despite phoning ahead, when i asked why at 3pm our room still wasn't ready i was told by the only member of staff that had a few words of English we are busy so you will just have to wait. Take a seat and we will call you. Numerous Russians had arrived after us but were already in their rooms
The first night the noise from the kitchens of the fame hotel was horrific as was the noise from the lobby of screaming kids at midnight, hard to believe when you are on the fifth floor.

I called reception and they told me to come down to see if they could change our room, however when I went down they called two security guards who I assumed were showing me a new room, when they got in the lift with me they came into my room where my two boys aged 8 and 12 were in bed to see if it was noisey. I found this quite offensive and asked them to leave.
When they left we tried to get some sleep only to hear screaming and swearing from outside our room. Two men aged 20 were sat on the seats outside our door drinking and swearing. I think they got the message as they soon moved when I went outside and asked them to keep the noise down, when that failed to move them the sight of a very irate lady in pyjamas after 12 o'clock telling them to go away very strongly did appear to make them go
I emailed reception and explained that I was unhappy and asked for the manager to respond asap. I had a call at 10.30 am apologising and asking me to come to reception to look at a new room at 12 noon. I arrived at 12 and they asked me come back at 1pm, went back at 1pm and they asked me to come back in 10 mins. Went back in 10 mins and finally they had a new room for me to look at !! Fabulous I was thrilled to get in the lift and found my new room which was actually opposite the room that I was already In overlooking the lobby.
Back to reception where I was told to come back in another 10 minutes as the guest relation manager was on his way. I went back after 10 mins but he wasn't there. They called him and asked me to wait another 10 mins but then they called him again and he said no I would need to go to him.
In fairness within 10 mins of meeting him he had found me a new room and sorted everything out however the language barrier didn't help and could have been sorted out very quickly.
Dinner room very noisey the staff seem to break more plates than they clean, hardly the relaxing 5 star that I was expecting
Relax pool lovely if your children are over 14 but the main pool is hard work. In the first day I had 3 children in view of their parents walk over to my sun bed and tried to take our rings and water beds. Unbelievable they just seem to think that they can help themselves and take what they like. One girl around 10 just walked off with our ring and seemed very surprised when I asked for it back !!
If you want a relaxing holiday, and don't speak Russian, German or Turkish don't mind looking at the same dead cockroach by the pool for 2 days, don't mind screaming kids ignored by their parents , rude people pushing in wherever they can, and rude slow staff do avoid at all costs !

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank dianehallett2017
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking time to leave your review. We deeply sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Your feedback is extremely important for us.
We hope to welcome you back to Delphin Hotels in the near future and be able to restore your faith.
Best Regards;

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Just back this morning from delphin palace. Cant believe some of the recent reviews. Hotel is spotlessly clean,food is always available and loads of choice. Plenty of staff about to make your holiday the best it can be. The only thing i thought could be improved was the air conditioning in bedrooms,was not strong enough.would def recommend this hotel to others and hope to return in the near future

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank aday33
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Our Guest,

Kind Regards…

CRM of DELPHIN HOTEL

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

All you expect and much more from a five star hotel.Everything is there, beautiful beach, magnificient landscaping, adult and children pools. Divine food whether it is buffet or a la carte restaurants.There is a water park and a luna par.The staff is nice and helpful.Children, teenagers and adult professional entertainment is available on site. The site and the rooms are kept perfectly clean. There are a lot of shops around the hotel. Water bottles are
available everwhere. The only downside I see is the fact that there are a lot of noisy motor boats around the swimming area. Also the ocean tends to become dirty at the end of the day, as garbage from the beach bars end up in the water.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ginacovi
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Our Guest,
First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It was a true pleasure for us to read your feedbacks and we are glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Your hapiness made us happy. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.We also took your negative point into account. This will allow us to improve and to render you a perfect service.

Kind Regards…

CRM of DELPHIN HOTELS

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Mr Steve from UK.

First off i must say that this hotel presents itself to a good standard especially if you take kids here. Our room, food, swimming pool and entertainment were really good. The main thing that really let my wife and i down was the fact that there was an adult only restaurant where there was a large plaque on a stand stating this as you walked into the restaurant and also a card in the rooms from the general manager confirming this and all guests to adhere too. Unfortunately neither the restaurant manager or the general manager did anything to change this even after i pointed it out and complained about it.
The nearby hotels including their sister hotels adhered to the hotel rules apart from the Delphin palace.
Dont get us wrong kids are great fun as we know, we are young grandparents ourselves but when you need a break from them at meal times, this made it impossible. Not to mention a kids pkay area situated in the main restaurant with loads of screaming kids. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE OR TIME FOR THIS, NOT AT MEAL TIMES !!!. The response i recieved from the hotel was that it was a family hotel, the hotel had to cater for well over 1000 guests and the restaurant was only being used for Gala night. Wrong !!! It was used the whole 10 nights we were there.
The other thing that was not addressed and did my head in was the night club in the hotel. The music that the resident DJ played was the same old boom boom music instead of the fantastic music that we all know around the world. Even i could have done a better job. People were opening the night club door and shutting it again because they could see and hear this. This along with the fact many staff throughout the hotel spoke very little if any english. They mainly cater for the hugely ignorant russians which was another thing. I asked for a water in the restaurant by the pool in the gardens and got a neat whiskey at lunch time. The guy was confused and didnt even know the word water !
I asked one of the main guys on the reception desk as we were leaving about our suitcases, he shrugged his shoulders and replied, suitcase. What is suitcase. Bang head time again...... .
I could go on and on with good and bad points all of which would be true but long reviews become boring. So, in a nut shell. Instead of the general manager acknowledging these reviews and giving lame answers. Please manage the situation and listen to the customers fully as they will turn their backs on you in droves as quickly as they came !.
We will be trying the Barut Lara hotel next as we visited it and it looked superb and true to its no:1 reviews. Holiday from 19th june to 29th june 2017.
Enjoy where ever you decide to go guys !!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SAFC M
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear guest;

We wish you a good day as a Delphin family.
Thank you for sharing your opinions with us on behalf of our hotel. Negative evaluations as well as positive evaluations from our guests are very valuable to us in terms of renewing t and getting rid of our shortcomings.
First of all, we would like to give you the knowledge that the points you have highlighted in your comments will be forwarded to our superiors. Thanks to our All-Inclusive concept, we strive to meet the expectations and demands of guests at the highest level.
Our disappointment is that you have experienced um lack during your stay. We sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you again in our hotel to regain your confidence in the Delphin brand, to re-learn the real hospitality and services of Delphin.

Best Regards ;