“Great hotel, could be better.”

Delphin Palace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 235 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We had a fabulous holiday here with our son. The facilities for children are excelent, the food extraordinary, the rooms confortable and clean, the pools attractive.
There are some minuses that I really hope the management of the hotel consider when readind this review: pe reception staff is grumbly and not willing to help, the lack of english speeker personnel makes the dialogue unconfortable.
Also, the extra charge if you want to stay in the room after check out hour until your departure is very expensive. A price of 25-30 euro would have been decent enough for few hours extra. It is very unpleasant if you don't pay the tax to stay "in the street" 6 or 7 hours with small children! They need to rest before a flight.
And the last minus is the beach: the water is deep, not recommanded for small children. We spent our entire holiday by the pools.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DanielaAlbu
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hello Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your time to leave a review. It is really important for us to hear your experience and impressions. That's the only way how we can improve our service every day a little bit more. Your complaints are forwarded to the related department. Hope to see you in our hotels again.

Best Regards
CRM of Delphin Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Just returned from another amazing two week holiday at the beautiful Delphin Palace. The hotel is perfect for families with lots of activities for all ages. This was our second visit to this hotel and will definitely be returning.
The hotel is very clean, the food is amazing with so much choice and a wide range of drinks available throughout the day.
The animation team are great, particularly Mustafa and Sam who tried to engage as many people into the daytime activities, especially the English! There is also a wide range of evening entertainment on offer which the kids sometimes watched in the amphitheater but to be honest if evening shows are what you are after perhaps you should just go to Butlins! For us evenings were spent in one of the many bars spending time together enjoying each other's company and making friends with other holiday makers.
The rooms are spotlessly clean with maids in daily changing towels and making beds etc. Perfectly big enough for the four of us and just as advertised on their website.
This year we booked direct with the hotel and was the best decision we made. Transfer on time and checked in within 30minutes after collecting baggage and return departure he found us the shortest queue and delivered all our luggage to the queue.
This year we did find that there was fewer English guest than the previous year which is probably due to some not wanting to travel to Turkey, but I wouldn't want to go to a hotel full of English anyway.
We are definitely part of the Delphin family and will be seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Jane P
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your great review. Thank you for taking your time to write a review. Thanks to your supports we are always improving our service quality. We will be very glad to host you in delphin Hotels again.
Please do not hesitate contact with us if you have any question.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My family and I have returned from 8 days holiday in July. We have stayed on numerous occasions with the Delphin Group but this was this first time in the Delphin Palace. We had a fantastic time, the hotel is beautiful, clean and all areas in and out well kept. The pools are lovely and so well laid out. We never had any problems getting sunbeds. The food was varied and very tasty, catered for 24hrs a day as you would expect. The pier was very nice although I have to say the service was much better on previous stays at the Delphin Imperial.
This is the only area I found lacking. I could not fault the staff who were there from, poolside to room cleaners. All worked very hard but there just seemed to not be quite enough and I do have to say that we found the service in the main lobby poor. It seemed to be the Russian and German guests who were the priority there.
The animation team was excellent! My husband and son had great fun with them, they really were a highlight. You could not meet a nicer, friendly group of people.
Another issue is that I have been trying to contact the this hotel since our return almost a month ago via email and apart from a couple of replies from the guest relations team there has been absolutely no contact at all regarding my queries. Very unprofessional from the management and extremely disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank HW35
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Delphin Hotels.
Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and I wish to apologize for any shortcomings you encountered on your stay. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
We as a hotel definitely had no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and I have taken all notes, due to the fact that these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously.
We will review all the facts with the staff involved to correct whatever is necessary to prevent this from happening again.
Thank you for the time you took to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back to Delphin Hotels in the near future and be able to restore your faith.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was an experience that went from bad to ok, but it definetely depends on expectations. Let me start with some facts:

1) we arrived at 4pm and waited for 1h with 2 children until the room was cleaned and ready for us
2) front desk did not communicate very effectively in English, gave us no info about meal times or any other basics. Smiling and courtesy was out of the question; they did their job at a minimum and there was no hint of the welcome you would expect from a 5star hotel
3) In spite of the wait, the room was not exactly what i would call clean in a 5star hotel
4) we upgraded the room, but the new one had the same standards of 'clean'
5) housekeeping was again at a bare minimum every day, unless financially stimulated with the legendary Turkish 'bacsis'
6) the meal service was also at a minimum. Unless you offered a tip, you had no waiter take care of your table, with very few exceptions. Again, no courtesy, smiling, nothing. Just a feeling of overworked and underpaid individuals doing their job.
7) food was varied enough for a week's stay, but in spite of being rather careful with my choices, I ended up with severe food poisoning that had effects even beyond my stay there- not what you hope for from a 5 star vacation.
8) after days of searching for a clean glass to have some orange juice, i gave up and decided to stick to bottled drinks. ALL glasses available had plenty of pulp left dry on them after being industrially washed, as well as lipstick and such. ALL... I decided to not take pictures..

These are some aspects that I would have liked to know before booking and I am sure I would have kept looking. We have chosen Delphin Palace based on reviews I read a few years back, but there was no availability at that time. I have now seen mixed reviews but chose to hope for the best. I must say that when assessing the hotel, my expectations were based on reviews and on previous experiences of 5star hotels in Turkey, namely in Istanbul and I expected the 5 stars standards in Antalya to be compare to those in Istanbul(e.g. Intercontinental,Ritz) in terms of cleanliness, services, staff training. But now, with 2 rather unpleasant 5star experiences in Antalya, I have learnt that hotel category in Turkey is not a good indication of quality.

Otherwise, kids were kept busy. There are several pools to chose from, a small luna park, the beach is ok, there is some entertainment every night. The hotel is rather tired-looking, no attention to detail, broken furniture, dust.The mix of people is rather exotic- Russians, Turks living in Germany, Romanians. There was no waiting in line for elevator, no respect for personal space, etc. Overall, an ok experience, rather expensive for what it offered and not to be repeated.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank GoAround7
CRMDelphinhotels, CRM at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Delphin Hotels.
Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we wish to apologize for any shortcomings you encountered on your stay. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
We as a hotel definitely had no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and we have taken all notes, due to the fact that these are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously.
Thank you for the time you took to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Delphin Hotels in the near future and be able to restore your faith.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I'll start this review by stating this was our 3rd visit to the Delphin Palace.
We purposefully came back here as we had previously experienced top service and as we were travelling with my 2 young kids (9 and 11) and my elderly mother, I felt certain the hotel would be a prefect fit.
The whole experience here is governed by their approach that we're all part of the Delphin family. Given our experience I felt more like an unwanted relative who they couldn't wait to get rid of.

the reality was further from the truth. Rather than string this out in paragraphs, I'll lay it out in points for easier reading.

1. Arrived at 10pm having booked a Family Room (2 rooms with a double bed and 3 single beds).
Reception snapped at us for not having a travel voucher despite booking this time direct through the hotel. We also had to advise them we had been guests at the hotel twice before, which again seemed like a hassle for them.
When they found our booking, they tried to put us in 2 double rooms. Not suitable for the ages of the group and why we booked a family room in the first place.
When they finally found a Family room (which we booked) they informed us they didn't have a 5th bed, so would put a couch in there for the night.
This couch was harder than the marble floor so much so that I had to put my son in bed with my wife and I spent the night on the couch. Needless to say it was the worst night sleep I've had anywhere, let alone a hotel I paid for.
The next day they laid a mattress on top of the couch, thus declaring the fifth bed was in place.
I do not expect to have to sleep on a mattress perched on a couch when paying to stay in a 'luxury' hotel, let alone having to argue to get the room I booked in the first place.

2. The desire of any reception staff to help in any way was non-existent during our stay. The staff at pool side/ entertainment were fine, as were the restaurant and drinks staff.

3. English was almost non-existent by staff. Seemingly their desire to attract any English speaking guests is now no longer a priority.

4. The entertainment in the evening has now diminished to an array of (bad) acrobats to different soundtracks. Walk outs during every show we went to was common (and we attend 7 of them) with staff desperately shouting STOP STOP to try and keep people in their seats.
The big event Gala evening was ridiculous. There was a good 30mins of all Senior Management of the hotel coming on stage so all guests could applaud them.
Bizarre !!!

5. The ending of the holiday was appalling. We booked out transfer to the airport though the hotel direct. The taxi, booked for 8.15pm was confirmed when we checked in the afternoon. Come 8pm that night, there was suddenly no acknowledgment or awareness of the booking and all we were met with was ' I can call a taxi for you'. Having spoken to 2 incompetent reception staff, we finally spoke to a manager who then informed us that the taxi would be with us at 8.45 (30mins after our booking)
When the taxi finally arrived, we were then rushed through customs and hurried onto our flight due to the lateness of arrival from the taxi.

We spoke to managers and guest relations while at the hotel and no one seemed remotely interested in helping resolve our concerns.
No doubt there will be the standard response from the hotel to this review, but I can assure you they were not interested in helping when we were there and when we actually needed support.

Its such a shame as this use to be an amazing hotel with great staff.
The staff now and the basic standard of service is now more in line with a 2-3 star hotel.

Go elsewhere if you want any form of friendliness or value for money and definitely DO NOT book direct through the hotel.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew K
CRMDelphinhotels, Yönetici at Delphin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for choosing Delphin Hotels again.
Thank you for the time you took to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Delphin Hotels in the near future to be able to restore your faith and to be a family again.