1,635 results
All reviews ottoman restaurant corner room close to the hotel refilled everyday nice furniture rooms are big and clean don t understand beach bar beautiful hotel block b bus station room cleaning nice promenade reception desk english speaking people family room beautiful room
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Based on trip advisor rating we booked this hotel despite being a bit worried about the comments that noone spoke english. Upon arrival we were greated by a lady who spoke very good english and my teenage boy was very keen to get the wifi password within 5 seconds of entering the hotel and the lady had a joke with our son and gave it to him straight away after assigning our room number (which you need to log in). The porter was quick to load our cases onto the carrier and escourt us to our room, he made small talk in english and immediately built up rappor with my husband and boys about football. Our room was a 2 bed family room which are strangely located outside the main building which is ok but it rained one day and we had to get wet from our room to and from the main building, its also an open corridoor on the first floor so you do get some traffic noise from the road to the side but this didnt bother us too much to be honest.

The bar staff all speak enough english to get what you need, despite what the reviews say we found every member of staff very polite if you were polite to them, smiling and using good manners goes a long way.

The hotel is very luxurious, deserving of 5 stars and is kept clean. Our room was cleaned regularly and towels changed almost daily and free mini bar kept well stocked.

There was always food available somewhere with the patissere near reception and the jacket potatoes and sweet breads off towards the side of the amphitheatre in the afternoons between mealtimes and the midnight soup kitchen in the main dining area.

The beach is lovely with the private area, beach bar snack bar and water sports.

Dolmus (local bus service) is located very close to the hotel (2 mins walk) making other local areas within easy reach. 20k into side for a family of 4 was €6.

Local bazzar (markets) were a short stroll away.

My only complaint about this hotel and the reason for only 3 stars is that no matter what time you went for food (even if you were first into the dining area or snack bar) everything was cold. You could see that food had been sat there around 45mins before the doors opened which normally in every other hotel isnt an issue because its in a hot plate designed to keep food hot, the issue with this hotel is that there isnt a proper hotplate and so everything is always cold, a couple of times the food was luke warm but you were lucky if this happened. The meat was always really dry (usually only either chicken or turkey) in a caserole type sauce which helped with the dryness but it was ALWAYS COLD! sorry to go on about this bit it really lets the hotel down and I'm glad we only had to endure the food for 1 week as 2 would have been awful. On a positive the salads were really nice so we all lived on salad and chicken for a week but on our last night we ate out as we were all craving a hot meal. In the main dining area wine is served in a plastic wine glass that has seen better days which for a 5 star hotel is not good. They did have them on the shelve which i kept pouring mine into and discarding the plastic one but i feel i should not have had to do this. The wine was drinkable.

Overall its a lovely hotel they just need to sort out the food.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank lisaloach1977
Genel M, Yönetici at Side Premium - Oz Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear guests your complaints, improvement suggestions will be taken in attention so that we can make our service better and more qualified.
We thank you that you have choosed Oz Hotels,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We spent a week at the Premium at Side during October half term. It has the potential to be a stunning hotel ,but falls sadly short on a few things......mainly the staff.
The Hotel building is stunning , with a pool area and comfy surroundings that you would find difficult to find fault with. Spacious and comfortable rooms with enourmous bathrooms .
However , the maid service is average , on two occasions i had to ask for clean towels and for the bed to be changed long after the maids had gone past our room. The food is ok , just ok. Although there is plenty of choice it is very much the same kind of thing , the barbecue served by the pool tastes of the previous nights choice and for a five star it is served by surly staff who seem only interested in getting off their shift as soon as is possible.
The bar staff were pleasant enough , but tend to favour the Russian guests in particular over others particularly English customers.
Side is great for shopping as is all the local shops and bazaars close to the hotel. Would i go there again , probably not and it is not what i would class as a 5* , like i said good but certainly not very good.

Room tip: Get a high floored room other wise you get no balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Where do I start, first of all the hotel looks superb but if it rains out come the buckets because the hotel is far from being watertight. My wife and I arrived on the 26th October and we were welcomed by very polite reception staff who spoke English. We found our room to be clean and pleasant but as of yet we have not had our room cleaned since or our bathroom towels changed. I have asked at reception for our room to be cleaned and even messaged the hotel but still no room cleaning, I have resorted to bagging up the rubbish and putting it outside the door and throwing the dirty towels down the hallway. We have just taken clean towels off the cleaners trolley that has been parked up a few doors away from our room for 3 hours but not a cleaner in sight.i would now like to comment about the food in the main restaurant, it is presented in a nice manner but unfortunately it is all just look warm terrible quality and would ruin anyone's appetite, trying to find cutlery to eat with is like a game as there is none on the table and the restaurant is obviously understaffed, we are going to try one of the al a carte restaurants this week but I do not have high hopes. The hotel does not cater for English people very few staff speak or understand English and the hotels customer base is 99% German or Russian. The hotel is advertised as a five star but this is a joke as it struggles to live up to a three star. On our first day at the hotel we walked down to the hotels beach bar where the bar staff could not understand a word we said and repeatedly gave us the wrong drinks even after a lot of pointing "it really is a shambles". My overview of this hotel is terrible I tried to speak to reception about my concerns but they just smile politely and say they will look into it and then nothing happens. As I write this review I still have 9 days left of my holiday and me and my wife are not in best spirits and we are both wondering what we have done to deserve this.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank dcapper20
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Nice but food is not perfect. Could be cleaner. Hamam is perfect. Very recomended to try it. Prices are a bit high. But the beach is very nice.
Does not deserve five stars.
During rain in some room water was leaking from the roof.
Neblogas bet netempia iki penkių žvaigždžių niekaip. Nelabai švaru. Indai restorane dažnai purvini ir niekas neskuba valyti. Per lietų kai kuriuose kambariuose per sienas bėga vanduo.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Ramunas F
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Stayed with family of 2 small children and a baby for 7 nights. Although the hotel is lacking in some departments we had an excellent stay. First impressions the hotel was beautiful and looked clean and well kept. It appeared to be smaller than expected which is not necessarily a bad thing..
We checked into a family room. I believe there are two types of family rooms, one with a master bedroom and a separate kids bedroom and another one which is just one large room with 3 beds. Thankfully we got the two bedroom suite which we were pleasantly surprised with. The check in was straightforward but when exploring the room I was greeted by an unflushed turd and wee in the toilet! The toilet had a wrapper on it to indicate that it was newly cleaned and ready for next occupants which it clearly wasnt.

Good points:
- Food was pretty much what I expected from an all inclusive do. Chips/fries where particularly well cooked and nice. I didnt try any of the La Carte restaurants as with past experience it tends to be the same food available from the main buffet but served to you by the waiter. Ice cream is served between 2 and 4pm only.
- The beach is one of the greatest highlights of the trip. I have stayed several times in Turkey before and this has to be the best beach I've been to in Turkey. Its none of that small stone/pebbly crap but more of a proper beach with good sand. The sea was a lovely temperature at this time of year. The sea is marked by different boundaries that go further out into the sea. The first boundary appeared to be quite safe for my 5 year old and it must have gone around 30 meters off shore but only came to around waist height for my kids. It also helped that it was nice and calm when we went. The waters were beautiful and clear with small fishes swimming around. The beach is a short pleasant stroll from the hotel that will take you a few minutes. Beach loungers are available free on the beach.
- The WiFi is also definitely a big plus here. I did not bother getting a local sim with data as the wifi was really good. No problems streaming videos on youtube and no issues with whatsapp. We even used whatsapp phone calls to communicate around the hotel as needed. There is no WiFi on the beach.
- TVs have accessible HDMI sockets so I was able to plug in and use my android TV box giving me access to YouTube Kids and Amazon Prime to watch stuff. Netflix didnt work as out of country. Didnt actually check out the channels on the TV as my android TV box was good enough.
- The hotel is situated very close to the bus stop (or station? as buses are always parked there) where you can catch a bus into Managavat which cost 4 Liras (about 85p for adults, kids 5 and under are free) and takes around 25mins. Well worth visiting the markets there which I think operate on certain days only. Prices are very good at the market even without haggling and you can pick up some good fruit too. Managavat also has your Burger King and McDonalds if you prefer and a host of other eateries. You can also get bus from here to visit Side and see the roman ruins (3.5 liras).
- Hotel has two pools outdoors, one with water slides and a separate paddling pools for small kids. No issue finding pool loungers.
- Sauna room and steam room were great.
- My Revolut card worked flawlessly. Used it to get cash in Liras from local cash machine and to pay for goods that accepted card payment. If you like to travel, do yourself a favor and get this brilliant card that will give you perfect exchange rates.

Bad Points
- As alluded to before housekeeping does not seem up to scratch. When your room is made up, it is not made up as if you just newly entered the room, but I think its just a general quick clean up and duvets back on beds without the decor. Minifridge is replenished (free drinks if on all inclusive) as well as toiletries.
- Sometimes difficult finding a place to sit in the evening for dinner.
- One particular staff member at the reception desk was extremely rude and arrogant it was almost comical watching him deal with customers it was so bad. Glaring his eyes and baring his teeth and shouting at customers 'Im not bad, you're bad, you're bad!'. Hotel manager if you are reading this then please get rid of him or at least send him on some customer training course, he is giving your hotel a bad rep! I am sure you know who I am talking about.
- Hotel is full of mostly Russians and Germans and is largely catered for them. English speaking customers are secondary. I did not have any problems at all with the Russian and Germans at the hotel, everyone was queuing nicely and none of them came across rude or arrogant as you may get the impression from other reviews. They were just here to have a nice time with their families like everyone else.
- When checking in my brother who also came with his family was checked into an economy room although he had booked standard room, but this was corrected the next day when complaining at reception. Be warned the economy rooms are tiny and are below ground level so the only view you get is the corridor outside. Definitely not where you want to be for 7 nights.
- I dont think its worth booking a sea view room if such a room is available. There is another hotel situated infront of this hotel that blocks much of the view anyway. And if you do get a sea room, it will probably a tiny side view.
- Indoor pools are cold and not heated. The warmest waters you will get for any of the pools is the beach sea waters!

Overall my family loved our stay at the hotel and like I said before the beach was a great highlight. If you get a good price I would recommend staying at this hotel.

By the way if you have a late checkout the hotel charges $10 dollars per hour of extra stay. Luckily I had already booked an extra room on its own on expedia.com which worked out much cheaper.

• Trip type: Travelled with family