“Holiday needs?”

and 1 more site!
Alibabam Apart Hotel
Ranked #108 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Its difficult to write a review for this Hotel without giving a coloured impression which I think is a shame as the folks running the place do seem to do their best to make guests feel at home.

I would say it largley depends what you want/need for a budget holiday. I can only describe the hotel by dividing it into two sections - upstairs and downstairs. My comments are based soley on the apartment we used - I cannot speak for other rooms.

Upstairs are the living quarters for your holiday divided into apartments, They are very basic, small and need an awful lot of TLC. There is just about enough room to get two settees in the "lounge" area with a small amount of room between the two - just enough for one person to walk between.

The bedroom had two single beds - same set up as the lounge, barely enough room to walk between. We only had sheets on the beds no blankets. the night time, we found, was very cold.

The kitchen area was a unit at one end of the lounge. We had a working fridge but it was rusty. One of the socket outlets had a wire coming out the front of it - dont know what its purpose was but we chose not to use it.

The toilet door would not shut and the shower door appeared to have fallen off at some time and been partly relocated as a make do and mend job.

No plug in the sink, had to wash under running water - we were never able to get any warm water for either washing or showering. The loo seat was "mobile"

There was very little evidence of a room maid ever having called to remake beds etc. I personally never slept at all. For me this apartment was a big let down.

Downstairs was different - reception area very clean and tidy with a small lift to all floors. Safe boxes in full view of everyone, not much privacy with these, but we used one and they did the job. Dining area was very clean and pleasant, partly overlooking the pool and garden area. We felt comfortable in this area and enjoyed the food, which in the main was well prepared and more than suffice.

The kitchen on view to all with nothing hidden was very clean and tidy, no obvious, noticeable problems there at all.

The hotel appears to be run by a small family unit who try hard to make ones stay pleasant. they are friendly, accommodating and do their best to be helpful - very pleasant people.

We enjoyed the pool area and gardens, no problems there at all, quite a few cats "Call to visit though"

Well there you have it, I don't like making unpleasant comments about this place as I do think they try hard, but for us, as we are among the "older" section of the community, its unlikely we would stay there again unless the apartments had been improved. If you just want to backpack and somewhere to lay your head then that maybe different?

As far as location is concerned the hotel is only a short distance away from Kusadasi which can either be comfortably walked (it is a slight hill) or reached by dolbus or taxi. We paid 10 lire per ride to town maybe cheaper if you haggle but we were happy with that price.

My ratings are greatly affected by the upstairs situation, in my view, for what its worth, it really does need attention.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a pleasant view of the pool area and local area
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed here last week and the owner said it had only been opened two weeks, well they should keep it closed until it's sorted out. Terrible, rooms awful, no top sheet, toilet and basin filthy dirty, had to get cleaners in to sort it out. They only changed our towels once and that was when we took them downstairs. Breakfast, well what can you say, plate of hard boiled egg, sliced tomato, olives and cheese, along with small butter, jam and plenty of break which was best thing there. No fruit and no cereal, it was only when I asked our waiter if I could have cereal that he got me some. We were told that because not many people were staying they weren't gong to put everything out for us. We had no hot water for showers in the mornings and could only have them in the evenings If the sun shone which wasn't often that week. How can they say this is a 3 star hotel I never know. The door locks did not open properly so everyone had to bang their doors at all times even thru' the night when people came home late.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms in this hotel, maybe the apartments would be better I don...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Having returned to the Ali Babam i was very pleased with the way it has been refurbished,now it no longer looks tired and is now run by the owners and not by inexperienced managers who rented the hotel last year .The staff are very friendly and helpful the pool area has been cleaned up and has the bar and dining area .it is best value for money for a budget holiday that we have decided to stay for 7 weeks the food is exellent

Room Tip: sea view is very good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The best of this hotel is the staff! Very helpful, open-minded and they do everything for you so that you feel like in family. Hotel is clean and in a good location, not far from the beach and not far from the city. Also the guests of this hotel are very special - some of them visit this place several times a year - I think it ´s great!! I hope to be here soon again, too! :-)

Room Tip: The best are the rooms with the view to the seaside....
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Eva202
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed in Alibabam for a week with my sister. Our room was very small and the bathroom was tiny BUT we had a balcony and a wonderful view of the sea and sunset! We had old towels with holes. That was a little bit disappointing. The staff was very friendly. We used the safe deposit box in the lobby. Nothing was stolen from us.

Location was good. There was only a small walk to Ladies' Beach or to the city centre. The walk to the city centre was downhill but coming back was steep uphill. We usually used dolmus busses for travelling back from the centre to the hotel. It was handy and cost only about 1 euro per person. There is another hotel right next door which organised a couple of loud parties... If you are interested in going to sleep before 11pm/midnight, there is the possibility of some noise. Otherwise the hotel is in a quiet residential area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends