“Best coffee and best food in town”
Review of Cafe Safak

Cafe Safak
Ranked #9 of 124 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Turkish, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Hi,Here are some outstanding features of our cafe:We have THE BEST espresso coffee in Cappadocia (just look at the reviews). To keep things interesting we provide daily homemade specials made by Fatma Cingitas (local of Goreme). Love our food, you'll LOVE our cooking classes, learn from the best, Fatma Cingitas, in her own cave kitchen. Enquire within the cafe. We also have daily English Newspapers available to buy/read. Free book swaps are available to take (as long as you replace with another).
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The food is absolutely delicious and all home cooked. The lentil soup, meatballs and stuffed eggplant are to die for and the special potato goslene are musts. We have had some pretty ordinary coffee in Turkey but the coffee Musvoys makes is just the best. The staff are, as other people have commented, so welcoming, friendly and non invasive. They really are lovely people Don't be put off by the rather unimposing look of the cafe, this really is the best and the prices are just so cheap.
Fatma's daughter gives really interesting cooking lessons in a cave house and I helped make some really really yummy soup, stuffed vine leaves, stuffed peppers, stuffed aubergine (eggplant) and a delicious dessert which is local to Cappadocia called Asside. It's a most enjoyable morning and much less expensive than booking a class online.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Cafe Safak is a lovely relaxed cafe, and the lentil soup we had followed by gozleme was delicious. The Lonely Planet guide mentioned their cooking class, and as we were intrigued we booked it. Ali is the owner, and his sister Guzme (that is a phonetic spelling of her name as I didn't see it written down, apologies) taught us how to cook a show-stopping Turkish 4 course meal in her beautiful Cappadocian cave kitchen. She was an amazing and patient teacher, and the food (which we got to eat!) was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend taking this class for memorable morning, in amongst all the other delights of Cappadocia!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Apart from making some of the greatest food in Göreme, the friendliness of the staff has been lovely to receive as a solo traveller.

I have visited Cappadocia 4 times and I always enjoy spending my evenings here, relaxing, using good WiFi and watching the world go by.

My favourite foods are the lentil soup, suçuk omelette, menemen and the gözlemes. Actually it's all good!
They also do cooking classes in a cave kitchen and a pack lunch which was very handy on a couple of occasions.

I also recommend the salep for cold evenings.
I hope you enjoy Göreme as much as I do!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

It feels like home there. The food is freshly made, local and good. This family coffee gave us a good moment for a very good price.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Food is very delicious,strongly recommend this restaurant. Rice Pudding is my favorite. You definitely will love it