“Best lamb shank”

Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bringing you the quintessential Anatolian Cousine in a magical setup among the fairy-chimneys and the valleys of Göreme. Indoors as well as outdoors dining option with live Turkish music on select days.
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Great building , lovely surroundings, great service. Really the best food I have eaten anywhere in turkey ever. Couldn't recommend highly enough

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed 15 April 2016

Let me start off by saying that this is most probably not the case for their whole menu and when it's busy in the restaurant they might prepare more stuff fresh.

When I arrived there around 4PM, there was no one in the restaurant. We ordered something that sounded great, but 8 minutes later we already received the food. We had a hunch... and the taste was below average, really not tasty at all. The reason for this, was because it wasn't fresh! We felt uncomfortable to send it back, and we thought that we wouldn't get anything better anyway around this time, because they already warmed these meals up in the first place.
My peppers, stuffed with rice, were soft and lost all taste and vitamins. I have no confirmation if this was heated or fresh after all, but if this was their fresh food, then they really need to step up their game.

The restaurant and its staff are amazing though, especially the way the whole place is decorated. Very chique, but still accessible to anyone. I would've loved to visit this place around dinner time to try out their fresh food, maybe next time.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

Cappadocia is full of restaurants and choosing one is no easy thing. So, a solid restaurant like Seten Anatolian is a real blessing. I was here by myself (staying at the hotel, Sultan's Cave Suites, which earns you a 10% discount at Seten) and asked if I could order half-portions of the appetizers. They were happy to comply, which I really appreciated. They brought me the apps with bread... along with complementary garlic bread. I ordered the Manti, which was very good. The yogurt that accompanied it was great. The wait staff was totally on their game. An exponentially more positive experience than I had the night before at a random pick in town.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

After exploring the area all day long, it was nice to have a restaurant at our hotel to depend on at the end of the day. Unfortunately, even though the dining rooms were beautifully appointed and pleasing, the inconsistency in food preparation left us a bit disappointed. On our first visit we shared an incredible mezze sampler platter that was so generous and delicious, it would have made a perfect vegetarian meal in itself. I followed that with a no frills but delicious and nicely roasted leg of lamb. Our baklava dessert was moist and flavorful. We had the best wine of our 10 day stay at Seten, a red Turkish wine subtitled "Velvet" perfectly described its smooth delivery. Service was professional and friendly.
Unfortunately, our second visit on a Saturday night seemed to coincide with an overwhelmed staff. My entree of kebabs arrived burnt and charred. The accompanying over-boiled, mushy broccoli and carrots didn't have a vitamin left in them. When the waiter who delivered the kebabs saw that I was picking from my plate, he came over and said he could see the kebabs were burnt, and said he wanted to show my plate to the chef and have him redo my entree. I told him this was fine. And it would have been, except we had been told at the outset that our table was only available for 90 minutes. As I sat waiting for my order to be fixed, the clock was ticking, and by the time the plate came out, 20 minutes had passed. I had pretty much lost interest in retrying my entree.
In the meantime, my husband's entree was just okay. We don't know if they had a new chef, or if the chef hadn't shown up, but the cooking quality wasn't the same as two nights earlier.
It was a also bit of a puzzle why my waiter served burnt meat to me in the first place. The less than stellar meal at the second visit put a damper on our overall impression of the restaurant.
Based on my inconsistent experiences, I can't wholeheartedly recommend Seton.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

We went to this restaurant after reading great reviews about it.

Undoubtedly the best in Goreme, the food is brilliant, the staff is really helpful and the service is prompt.

Although we went here for dinner, the view from the restaurant are really breathtaking even in the night.

A must visit place.

We got a 10% discount of staying at Karadut cave hotel, which was a good cherry on the top :)