“Beautiful restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Goreme
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Topdeck Cave is a family-run restaurant, situated in the family house on the ground floor in a cave which used to be a stable. The owner Mustafa prepares and serves the food himself, making you feel as part of his family. Simple menu changes daily, offering a wide variety of local appetizers (meze), a choice of one/two soups and four main courses. All ingredients are fresh, coming from local farmers. The open kitchen offers an opportunity to watch how food is being prepared.Open daily Monday to Sunday from 6.00PM to 12.00PM
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Cool decoration especially lower table sit on the floor , good food , service well ! Price is a bit hight but acceptable

Write a ReviewReviews (1,964)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We came to Topdeck restaurant for dinner and loved every dish.

We enjoyed the 7 choice mezze plate to share as a starter, we had to stop ourselves so we didn't get too full. All the dips were delicious!

The main dishes are divided into chicken, beef, lamb and vegetarian. We opted for chicken and beef and we were in love! The meats were slow cooked and were incredibly tender with lots of flavour.

The environment is also a lovely extra, located within a cave with traditional floor seating as well as a table and chair option.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We loved our dinner here. The atmoshere is very cozy and we enjoyed the experience of dining in a cave. We live in Turkey so found certain aspects quite touristy, but this is to be expected when visiting such a popular tourist area. The restaurant is family run and so it is possible to enjoy authentic Turkish food. The meze plate was very nice and we enjoyed the lamb and beef dishes (although a little bit salty for us). Staff were friendly and attentive. Nice selection of local wines.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

While in Goreme, the search and opportunity for vista views is seemingly endless. So with a name like Topdeck, one can only hope to achieve that stunning scenic overlook while dining on a highly rated restaurant.

I'll be honest, I don't read too deeply into reviews unless I'm truly uncertain between a couple choices. Topdeck was one of those cases, highly rated and nearby.

Expecting a view, I surprised by the intimate cave setting with ambient lighting and a few floor height tables mixed with regular tables.

They said they typically need reservations, but could seat me. I was offered a cozy, corner table on the floor near the fireplace.

The options were basic. 4 different meal choices essentially. Lamb, Beef, Chicken or Vegetarian. They also have and array of meze (appetizers) to choose. As a single person, it was suggested that I have just one, I wasn't given the option of which. I was provided an eggplant dish; it was delish and 10 TL if you opt for 1. You can order mixed for more. See menu attached. Opted for the veggie meal 22 TL, which is typically what I'd eat at home. Turkish tea and bottle of water rounded my bill to a total of 42 TL or about $11-12 USD. Complimentary bread is also served. The meal was delicious, beautifully displayed and a healthy sized portion. Thoroughly happy and rate it highly of meals anywhere especially given the pricing and portion.

The setting was quaint and quiet. Service was pleasant as well. It's great to see that the service these dozen or so tables out of what I'd consider a typical home kitchen with a free standing oven.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice during our 4 day trip to Cappadocia. Top Deck has a very simple menu but each dish is cooked to perfection. Definately try the starters, we had 7 Meze.
The carrot cake was absolut delicious as well.
The family that runs the restaurant is super friendly and welcoming and our waiter was kind and professional at all times.
Thanks for having us, we will be back.