Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Shelly-shrey
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India

Beautiful location perfect for cappadocia

Review of MDC Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 May 2015via mobile
We stayed at MDC for 2 days everything was great , welcome was heart warming, the staff is very friendly- food is delicious and scrumptious! We were in room 405 a King Suit makes you feel royal perfect with natural and modern amenities- highly recommend this property- hope we had time to stay longer ! All d best
Trip type: Travelled with family
    RM 731
1.1 km from MDC Hotel
View more hotels in Urgup
1,545 results
All reviews cave hotel turkey beautiful hotel turkish bath huge bathroom heated floors memorable stay cappadocia region unique experience would highly recommend this hotel great hospitality hot air balloon jacuzzi mr tour cheese warmth
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Wow!!! That was the first reaction when we entered the room around midnight. Initially when the tour agent mentioned that there is no availability in this hotel, I asked them to put me in waiting list seeing all these nice reviews and kept my fingers crossed. Lucky me, I got booking in this beautiful hotel and I was not disappointed. We were put in a Suite room and it was amazing. We had a private Turkish bath room which was quite big and had a private Jacuzzi. It was very relaxing to enjoy the stay after a tiring full day sight seeing. The hotel breakfast was good. But the best part was the dinner we had from the hotel menu. It was fresh, authentic and tasty Turkish food. The staffs were friendly. It was a wonderful experience living in a cave. I fully recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Suite Room in the top floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MDCHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Thank you for being persistent and putting your name on a waiting list. The Turkish Traditional dinners speak loudly of our Chef who has been with us for more than three years. We are always pleased when customers take time to write a review and we THANK YOU for doing so.
SAFE TRAVELS

Feyzullah YALIM

Reviewed 22 May 2015

The hotel was booked through a tour company that I used (which was also great). I must say I was really impressed when I arrived. The staff was standing outside to greet us and help with our bags. Our room was really nice and included a nice size bed and another single. The couch in the other room was huge and could have slept 2 more people. Bathtub was super nice and the cleaning staff did such a nice job decorating the room each day.
The food was great and one night they had a guitar player who sang traditional Turkish music. One staff member Zülal also joined in the singing and it was lovely dinner.
Zülal really helped me try to get a balloon ride for the next morning even though they were all sold out. She called me after her work hours to let me know that she had found a company. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't good enough. She did check the next night again and let me know that the hot air balloon was canceled due to the weather. Why is this important? Because I spoke with other people the next day who had woken up at 5am to go on a hot air balloon ride and they were never told it was canceled. If you need any help or advice make sure to ask for her.
I highly recommend this place. It's beautiful, the staff is fun and amazing! Feel free to message me for additional information.

Room tip: I was on the ground floor. It was quiet and awesome.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Glad you enjoyed your stay at MDC Hotel. Thank you for taking time to write a review and extend your generosity to others for additional information. The staff take pleasure in taking the extra steps to ensure customer satisfaction. The staff thank you for acknowledging them.
Thanks again and SAFE TRAVELS.

FEYZULLAH YALIM

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

We had amazing days in this hotel. The staff are exceptional, the room is big (biiiig!), clean, and makes me feel inside a cave. I strongly recommend. For sure I would stay there again. The restaurant of the hotel is very good. We had dinner there all days and everything was very good. Exceptional staff!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2015

We went to Urgup at the end of March. The weather was a bit cooler, infact it snowed there in the morning of the day of our arrival. This true cave hotel was above our expectations. The owner met with us personally and gave us a tour of the amazing grounds along with a background story of how the place was found, uncovered, and built up to become what it is today. Such a wonderful experience for my husband and myself. The owner, Butch, is a delightful Canadian who owns the place with a very nice Turkish man.The grounds are so beautiful and each room has it's own personal character. you would not be disappointed with any of the rooms you got. Even the hotel lobby, dining area, and outside areas are wonderful to walk around and look at all the unique architecture.

Our room had a jaccuzi tub in the middle of the large sunken in bathroom along with rainshower and heated floors. The room was called the 'pigeon coop' from its earlier days of being just a cave room. They left the pigeon holes which added great ambiance to the room. There was a bedroom, sitting room, and smaller lounge room in our room for the 3 nights.

Breakfast was very good, a mix of continental local foods. You have to try the Turkish pancakes with a mixture of all the ingrediants - perfect! There are also eggs made to order along with a variety of fresh breads and cheeses. The jam selection at the hotel is to die for; so many options, it is so hard to try them all. Dinner was wonderful both nights. We are vegetarian, but eat fish, so one night we got the fish and it was supurb. The next night Butch joined us and asked the kitchen to make a special Turkish bean dish for us. It was spot on. The salads are super fresh and the wine was suprisingly very good. I had no idea that Turkish wine could be so good!

If you stay at this hotel you will not be disappointed at all. It is a short bus ride from Goreme, where the fairy chimneys are located, but there are wonderful views and walks from around the hotel and the town of Urgup is very charming with warm and friendly people. I was sad not to have another night at this hotel with these wonderfully warm welcoming people. I was making plans to return before I left.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MDCHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Well after such a lengthy and wonderful review we can't wait til you do return. Thank for detailing the room, food and surroundings. We truly thank you for taking time to write a review. Good luck in the future and safe travels.

Feyzullah YALIM

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Despite the overall set, location and service from staff, I could not give this hotel 5 stars because of the condition of the room on arrival and of the awkward check in. We booked a king suite and the first day we realized : lights in the shower would not work properly, the showerhead was so full of calcium that the water was going everywhere but on us, the safe could not be used as it was in a closed position. We complained and not only the next day all was fixed, but they also created a nice composition of towels on the bed (like they do on cruises). So, great response to the problem, which however should have never been there if the hotel is luxury like this one. At check in we were asked personal questions which we found strange. The hotel is recent and a short walk from Urgup town center, which is nice and with many shops. Overall, nice hotel, food at dinner just OK but at breakfast really good. Staff is generally really good and accommodating (they even helped us find a home for two stray puppies we found on the highway!)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple