“nice, calm and relaxed place”
Review of Mustafa Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mustafa Hotel
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I was surprised to read these others reviews which could make you thinking Mustafas Hotel is some kind of a rip off place. Because I liked it.
I stayed there for one night in May 2011. Well, of course the standards are better somewhere else but compared to the price there's nothing to complain. My room was clean, also the sheets. The lights are working, the powerplug too. There was warm water in the shower. Okay, the shower is combined with the toilet, so the toilet can become wet. But that was no problem to me.
There's a causy terrace in the second floor. And the hostel is just a few steps from the famous Pamukkale tubes. Although they have their own restaurant (which I didn't checked) there are several restaurants close by.
The thing I liked most was the relaxed atmosphere. Mustafa and his girlfriend are nice hosts without being presumptuous. It was a good place to have chat without these 0815 "where are you going?" "where have you been?" talks.

BTW; I also had some questions in the tours4turkey office besides .They've been very helpful, gave me all informations I need and more some very valuable secret hints ;-) They really took care!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I really didn't like that one of their people started selling us the place as soon as we arrived at the coach station (which is in another town). We agreed that we would have a look at the place, why not. He tells us a price for the room too that seems very good.

A Dolmus trip later we arrive in Pamukkale and two more people of his... circle? family? business? literally escort us to the place and try to charge us more than the first guy said.

We ended up staying there because it was late and we very tired.

Room was OK, nothing special. The sheets could have done with a wash and passing the hoover wouldn't have hurt either.

NO hot water. Ever. We complained twice but the guy (another one of the gang) kept smiling and saying it was OK and it would come. It didn't.

We were only staying one night so you know, not worth getting angry for.

Breakfast was not very fresh either.

In the morning, they tell us that they have a luggage room and that is (casually) at the back of the travel agency next door. There, another one of the gang shows us the room and tries to sell us bus tickets, which we decline as we were not sure where to go next.

We spend the day in the Roman town and when we come back to collect our bags, mine has disappeared. We discuss and finally the guy makes a couple of phonecalls. It turns out that someone else from a big group took my bag and they were currently travelling on a coach of theirs (!). The guy very efficiently made that coach stop, check their bags, make them leave mine at a station on the way, and then had another coach pick it up and leave it at the coach station that serves Pamukkale. But wouldn't give me a lift there to collect it!!!

Location is good but the village of Pamukkale is so small you're not too far away from the Roman city anywhere you book!

I recommend the Kale hotel which is just 2 buildings down the road and for 5 liras more gave us a lovely room with heating and air conditioning, hot water and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2011

In one of our weaker moments we have allowed an agent to advance book accommodation on our behalf.
Mustafa's is a stones throw from the main attraction of Pumakkale and therefore is in a great location.
The rooms are rather sparse, yet quite roomy, with a double & one single bed. This being said, the double bed was in a awkward position, pushed up against the window so it was more like a semi double, where one would have to climb over the other to get out of bed.
There was hair in the bathroom and the linen and towels were thread bare.
Free WiFi was accessible in some areas, the staff were friendly, good breakfast in the morning and not noisey despite the hotel being busy.
If I was to stay in Pamukkale again, I would probably do some more research.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I usually don’t write on travel advice sites nor do I participate in rating stuff but I opened this account just so I could get something off my chest that happened on my trip to Turkey recently at the Mustafa Hotel in Pamukkale. I have decided that this was the single worst moment of my entire trip and it was uncharacteristic of the rest of my experience in Turkey.

So we arrived to Pamukkale and originally planned on spending two nights at Mustafa hotel, however, due to cold weather and lack of things to do so we decided to leave Pamukkale one day early to continue our journey.

When we told this woman in charge named Jessica that would not be staying the second night she demanded that we pay in full for the room because it was an hour and a half after checkout. We thought it was very unreasonable so we tried to dispute it but we were not ready for what happened next. Jessica became very confrontational and ended up yelling at us in a rage in front of everyone. It was nothing short of humiliating. We of course ended up paying it because she made a giant situation out of it and frankly we felt robbed and emotionally raped. We ended up paying for 2 rooms that day because we missed checkout by an hour and a half at Mustafa. We understand that it was an hour and a half after checkout but this is not the Hyatt, Marriot, or Regency, this is a small village hotel in Turkey. That woman needs to get off her power trip.

One of the things that still pisses me off about that situation was that the woman humiliating us was not even Turkish, so she somehow felt it was ok to treat us like S*** probably because white and American. She has obviously never worked in hospitality. I doubt that she would have yelled at us if we were Turkish, male or anyone else except other American girls. After travelling in Turkey I know that a Turkish person would not have treated us like this and this is why I am still upset about this experience at Mustafa hotel. I advise nobody to go there. I hope that Jessica reads this and regrets being such an abusive b****. The room itself was not even that clean anyway so this place does not deserve a good review either way.

Based on my experience I advice everyone to NOT stay at Hotel Mustafa. The word "hospitality" seems to be missing in this place. I hope this is the last time I ever have to write another bad trip review.

- Girl traveler from California

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caligirldreaming
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We went there for a night and had the worst stay. It was REALLY cold! They advertised central heating but their radiators were lukewarm (and that's after we told them three times that they weren't working). The entire staff was huddled around the wood fireplace in the lobby trying to stay warm...and they had radiators all around the lobby! They obviously weren't working right( but of course they didn't tell us that). We ended up sleeping in layers of clothes (and beanies on our heads!) to stay warm. The next morning, we told them we were going somewhere else as the room was really cold and they weren't distraught by it at all, almost like as if they were expecting it! Also, the rooms were bleak and the bathroom smelt like the toilet hadn't been flushed in years.

The good things: people were smiley, food was okay.

• Stayed: January 2011