“So authentic and hosts made us feel like family”

Hera Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Bergama B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2017

A group of 4 of us stayed at the Hera Hotel for an evening. The owners and hosts made us feel so comfortable and were so lovely. The accommodation was clean and comfortable and the location was quiet. We were greeted in their lovely Turkish courtyard. Breakfast was traditional Turkish food - very delicious. Our hosts organised dinner for us at a local nearby restaurant which was in easy walking distance. In the morning we were all sad to leave and felt like we were saying goodbye to good friends. Although not the flashest accommodation we had in Turkey, Hera Hotel was definitely the most memorable and authentic. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This was a highlight of our driving trip around Turkey.
The most wonderful hosts in an absolutely wonderful location.
Felt as though we were experiencing being part of the lives of the people who lived around us. Too hard to put into words but our stay was just wonderful. Everything so old and the locals were so welcoming.
Saving hard to visit again!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms were amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Lovely hotel with equally lovely staff. Our group of six thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Convenient to the cable car. Had parking spot for us in the wonderful warren of streets in the old Greek village part of town. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

One of the best small hotels that I have stayed in.Restored to a superb standard.
I had a room in the main building . It was immaculate and spotlessly clean.
Larger than than most rooms in this class of hotel and price range
The bathroom was large, equipped with modern hardware and exceptionally clean.
We were very well looked after by the owners who were extremely helpful in sorting us out. Breakfast was standard wholesome Turkish fare with fab views. Excellent value.First class all the way!

Room Tip: The room in the main building was large and quiet (south side)
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank namsham
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I booked this hotel just a few hours before arriving. Checking in I was greeted warmly and given a very nice room. As the restaurants in Begama were mostly closed at this time I was treated to a generous meal by the hotel owners which included a delicious locally made dessert. This hotel has been tastefully renovated and is clearly run with great care. Ownership speaks excellent English and they are incredibly kind and helpful. I was treated to a gastronomic event every morning with fruit, tea, coffee, bread, cheese, yogurt and honey, all of it organic. I was given insider tips of what to see and what not to miss, extremely useful information as I would later find out when I visited sights that were quite incredible and seemed overlooked by other tourists.
I would absolutely stay here again and I was sorry to leave. On the morning of checking out I was offered a ride by the owner's son to a bus station in a coastal town as I was continuing on to Cenakkale and Troy. Being able to leave rested from Bergama really improved the rest of my trip which continued on to Istanbul. I'm so very grateful for the hospitality I experienced at hotel Hera and I hope to visit Bergama again. If I do, there will be no doubt about where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo