“Great stay - Compliments to the chef!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Agree with all the good reviews - good hotel, comfortable rooms, amazing breakfast. There were three types of yoghurt and I tasted all three and even went for seconds. I called the waiter to ask them the name of the yoghurt as it was so good- the chef was nearby and he said he MADE it himself - omg, it was divine - creamy, with real fruit pieces.
Good service at breakfast (well we were early as we have a baby!) They have real Chicco highchairs for babies btw which I think is a really smart touch!

We didt get our warm cookie at check in though and had to ask for it - which is disappointing, but the taste of the cookie made up for it - so we can overlook this time!

Pool area is a bit disappointing - small pool. no indoor pool but I guess one is not promised. there is spa but alas no time to visit. I did however speak to personell beforehand on whatsapp to get prices which was helpful.

Need a taxi to get to the main city part and promenade. However good choice and I would go back - if just for that amazing yoghurt! Please can you bottle some and sell to us!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Cookie719, Ön Büro Müdürü at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Too_Much_TM

Thanks for taking time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. Your comments are very valuable and help us to improve our services.
We are very glad to hear that you were happy with your stay. You can be sure that we will work more to increase your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

It was very good hotel with good staff,good breakfast ,clean and the location was good.
I will come back to this hotel if i travel to izmir again.i am happy because of my selection and thanks to all staf of hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Cookie719, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear zarghami,

Thank your review and choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir Alsancak. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir Alsancak.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Overall the hotel is good. I am just here to express my disdain towards a certain omelette chef during breakfast. I cannot remember his name but I think his initials were AS. It started when my sisters and I made a line for our orders. When it was my turn for my order he entertain other people that had walked in after me. When he finally did give me attention, he gave me an undercooked, under-seasoned omelette he probably made in haste to shoo me away. Feel a lot of resentment towards his behaviour.

Besides this rotten egg in the basket everything else about my stay had been pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Cookie719, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear nabilahaiminazri,

We appreciate you taking time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear that several things throughout your did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our kitchen management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Provides only for the most basic needs. The location is not the best either considering that most people prefer a closer access/ more pleasant walk to the strand. The staff is friendly and polite, of course; and that's a plus. The lobby looks really cheap and the pool at the terrace is a joke. It is rather a large tub.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Cookie719, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear nilkalak,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I've spent 3 days in the izmir double tree by hilton
First of all I've to say that they gave me a room that suitable for disable people and every where was so many alarms and emergency button and some chains for old people and disable people hangs on the sail and when i want to change my room they refuse it and told me they can't do this.
by the way the good points was the facilities, breakfast, staff and the location of hotel in the town was so good and i enjoy my stay anyway.

Stayed: November 2016
Cookie719, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Anoush J,