All reviews citrus trees pool terrace run hotel rooms are basic but clean kept spotlessly clean our favourite turkey paragliders kaya hisoronu dolmus taxis fridge
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed during the 1st week in October and was there until the Hotel closed on the 12th so it was very quiet with just us and another couple at the end of the week.
We booked this Hotel as we were just looking for a convenient base to travel around and it was very cheap!
We were only expecting basic accommodation due to the price we paid so we didn't have high expectations but this was good as we were pleasantly surprised.
We were allocated room 22 which overlooks the main road, yes there's road noise as mentioned in previous reviews but this is obvious from the photos/description and map of the Hotel so I don't feel it's fair that people can complain about this afterwards. Once you're in the room with the door closed and air con on you can't hear anything anyway so it didn't bother us. We also liked sitting on the big balcony in the comfiest armchairs looking over the mountains and watching the world go by so it didn't really bother us that much.
The room was amazing, it had recently been refurbished and had a lovely comfortable bed. We were given a family room so it also had bunk beds in it so it was nice to have extra space.
The furniture and fittings were all very modern and of good quality and there was also a little fridge which was useful.
The bathroom was of a good size and had a brilliant powerful shower.
We really couldn't fault the room and were very impressed.
The Hotel grounds and pool area are also very nice, lovely grounds and the most amazing views of Olu Deniz and the mountains.
We had the pool to ourselves most days so that was just bliss!
We were bed and breakfast and the breakfast was lovely, we didn't have the buffet which is provided when it's busier but we were still given a nice Turkish style breakfast and was even made some Menemen one day when I asked for it and it was the best one yet. Compliments to the young lad who made our breakfast, nothing was ever too much trouble.
The location is perfect if you are wanting to stay somewhere where it's easy to get about. Directly outside the Hotel you can get on one of the many dolmushes (their public bus service is much better than our local service)! You can easily get down into Olu Deniz if you don't fancy the walk down or back up. It's only 5 mins up the hill to Hisaronu and probably about 30-40 mins to Fethiye. From Fethiye
you can get to many other places as well.
The Hotel has many animals and feathered friends, one day I woke up from my nap on my sunbed to see a peacock stood next to me looking at me! There's a family of peacocks, chickens, many dogs, ducks and lots more that I think are kept in the families living quarters. Everyday we were visited by the chicken who used to run over to us and see if we had any titbits for it!
The family that run it are very kind and nothing is too much trouble, it was so nice for a change to stay in a family run Hotel and experience some good old Turkish hospitality. We usually stay in villas or bigger Hotels that don't have this same character so it was
a really nice change and we will certainly be looking to return again next year.
Overall I would say this is a lovely place, lovely atmosphere and a little quirky too with all the animals. We loved this and it really made our holiday.
The only downside I would say is if you have mobility problems you may struggle as there are many flights of steps which are quite steep.
Thank you Aygul Hotel, hopefully see you soon!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay K
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We stayed at the end of September and can honestly say it was one of the best holiday's we've had.
The hotel was clean, had excellent food, and all of the staff are very helpful and go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay.
We had booked in for bed & breakfast however had our evening meal there 3 nights as the 4 course homemade meal for 30 Turkish Lira (£6.65) was fantastic. The owners Daughter couldn't do enough for us and when they found out it was my friends birthday they brought a cake made of fruit with candles and made the night a perfect end to a brilliant day.
The maid service couldn't be faulted, the flush button on the loo broke one morning, we told someone at breakfast and it was fixed straight away.
When we returned to our room on my friends birthday the made had made extra special effort with the towel decorations on her bed and my friend was made up.
Travelling into Hisaronu or Olu Deniz couldn't be easier, just wait on the road out of the Hotel for a Dolmus (minibus) for 3 Turkish Lira each way and they are constantly passing so you won't wait long for one.
The trips were booked in Hisaronu and were brilliant, our favourite was the mud baths and also the Turkish baths and massage.
We are definatley going back next year and will be going to this excellent Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Janhull17
Reviewed 10 October 2015

this hotel we could not fault, the room number 20 had been renovated to a high standard. all new fittings and bed, views from the balcony were very good of the bay, food was excellent with plenty of choice, and a 4 course evening meal was only £6 ish. staff and owner are all very good at their jobs and make your stay great, pool was always very clean everything was washed down every morning by the owner. there was only one downside is we heard quite a bit of road noise. apart from that I give it 9 out of 10.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank 764ronr
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Very helpful and friendly staff. We had B&B - breakfast was Turkish buffet with a large variety of foods including a different hot dish every day - something for everybody. Views from pool terrace, and our room, overlooking Oludeniz were stunning. Hotel very generously allowed us late checkout (10pm) without charge even though we offered to pay! The hotel is located out of the resort, which we like and chose, but it is a hike up the hill along the main road (we chose to take the dolmus which runs past the hotel). Approx 15min walk down hill to resort and beach. As the hotel is located on the main road there was a lot of traffic noise. Friendly hotel and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Zoe H
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend are in our early 20's, and visited Fetiye at the end of September and with regards to the hotel although I would say it is very good value For money and I've certainly stayed in a lot worse for less, I would recommend being realistic.

If you want a hotel with lavish rooms, an enormous pool area with entertainment, gourmet meals 3 times a day and fluent English speaking staff... This is not the hotel for you. But I'm assuming you already knew that by looking at the price...

If you want a comfortable room with all mod cons, a fair sized pool area with a fantastic view and to be looked after by a group of incredibly friendly people (although the language barrier can sometimes be quite apparent) then I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Chances are your room will be above a main road, shut the balcony door and turn the aircon on and I guarantee you will barely hear the road. The food at the hotel is a fair standard, but unfortunately is probably the only reason I didn't give 5 stars. If you're abit peckish and fancy a burger/chip butty by the pool then it's spot on. But the nearby towns Olu Deniz and Hisoronu have a lot more to offer on the food front for a similar or cheaper price.

Getting to and from the local towns is incredibly easy, literally walk out of the hotel, and every 5 minutes a bus will crawl past. Stick your thumb out (they will basically stop anywhere), it will cost you around 80p each way and will take 5-10 minutes. Either that or get reception to call a taxi for you, and that will cost you between around £2.10 - £4 depending on the driver.

All I can say is if you don't plan on spending the entirety of your stay in turkey in the hotel and are just after a pleasant place to spend the occasional day chilling by the pool Inbetween exploring the various towns beaches and night life the local area has to offer. Then book this hotel and you will not regret it

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple