“Nice Setting but nothing inspiring”
Review of Omer's Place - CLOSED

Omer's Place
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 25 September 2015

We chose to eat here as it was number one on trip advisor and we had not eaten at any of the restaurants in this part of Gocek on our previous trips. Food was nice but nothing to write home about and I felt sorry for the poor waitress who was greeted by four lots of table guests arriving at the same time so she struggled to get the drinks orders give the menus and take orders whilst the owner and I presume the owners wife sat and played with their phones and computer not very good first impression. Setting was nice but view was more restricted than I thought it would be.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Have eaten here recently with two groups of friends, all of whom dined very happily. Menu is different from the usual offerings in town (although there are some good places to eat there). Interesting selection of Mezes eg smoked trout salad - but not as one would imagine - and cheese with raki. Whilst ordering. Omer said that he was not doing one of the choices as advertised but hoped we would be happy with his new variant of it. And so we were. Meze portions small but actually one does need more than is in the dish. Main courses again interesting: well presented and well cooked. Decent choices of drinks. Service efficient and friendly. And Omer makes an effort to chat to his customers as well as running the kitchen.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

This charming little place is situated way to the left in Gocek harbour in an upmarket Marina .Went for dinner , solo , and had the funniest experience .Once seated made my decision, the chef got up from speaking with friends , and literally within 2 minutes my tasty starter of artichokes arrived , before I could get even halfway through , my main course appeared , a lamb special. .
Normally this means everything is pre prepared and something I would avoid at all costs , but the food was perfect , tender meat in an unusual spicy sauce , delicious rice and excellent decoration of vegetables.
The welcome is extraordinarily friendly , you must give it a try and enjoy the walk up from Goceck Marina .

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Definitively our favourite meal in Gocek. Charming service, good wine, different menu and depth of flavour found nowhere else in town. Omer was very busy the evening we went but took time to say a few words about the dishes we chose.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Charming place in lovely quiet side of Marina.
My husband enjoyed his steak and I had the Lamb. Perfect portion size and tasty.
Really relaxing evening, made a great change from the food in our hotel.