“Some changes but none the worse for that”
Review of Omer's Place

Omer's Place
Ranked #20 of 60 Restaurants in Gocek
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Having heard that Omer was now only doing light meals we called in for lunch. Menu changed but still good and looked more than enough options for proper dinner as in the past. Mezes interesting and a little more substantial than in the past. We much enjoyed both cold and hot versions. Berna's touches add something extra. Will be back for dinner.

1  Thank robinhbishop

Reviewed 22 May 2016

New fresh breeze came to Omer's Place with Berna's input, decor, seatings, dishes, music, lighting are radically changed; it's what we call "a Lady's Touch"; meals are served normally fast, yet you might have to be patient when there is "a Coup de Feu" in the kitchen meaning that the Chef has only two hands :)) If such situation occur you will be granted with complimentary drink and appetiser; Omer's Place is renown for different delicious mezze and meats of all kinds, yet fresh grilled real Sea-bass are also available as well as Black Sea's style anchovies; Omer's Place is now serving breakfast from 08:00 am and also lunch, diner start from 07:30 pm

1  Thank Denis L
Reviewed 13 November 2015

Meals served are very different that you can expect in turkish restaurants, I mean it, since I live in Turkey for many years; what to expect are the very special mezze, delicious and ample for the price, main courses may varies according to the daily shopping and that is good news; A bit over priced in comparison the local cantinas but deserve recommendation;

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I was in Gocek for only a few days and visited Omer's on the first night. The food was amazing! Omer is a master and blends traditional Turkish flavors and ingredients in new ways. Fish baked in caste-iron with tomato and orange. Walnut ginger puree as a starter.

I always visit new restaurants when traveling, but after eating at the other places in Gocek (fine, not great food for the same price) I made sure to go back to Omer's for my final meal.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

We chose to eat here as it was number one on trip advisor and we had not eaten at any of the restaurants in this part of Gocek on our previous trips. Food was nice but nothing to write home about and I felt sorry for the poor waitress who was greeted by four lots of table guests arriving at the same time so she struggled to get the drinks orders give the menus and take orders whilst the owner and I presume the owners wife sat and played with their phones and computer not very good first impression. Setting was nice but view was more restricted than I thought it would be.