“Some changes but none the worse for that”
Review of Omer's Place - CLOSED

Omer's Place
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Having heard that Omer was now only doing light meals we called in for lunch. Menu changed but still good and looked more than enough options for proper dinner as in the past. Mezes interesting and a little more substantial than in the past. We much enjoyed both cold and hot versions. Berna's touches add something extra. Will be back for dinner.

1  Thank robinhbishop

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I was in Gocek for only a few days and visited Omer's on the first night. The food was amazing! Omer is a master and blends traditional Turkish flavors and ingredients in new ways. Fish baked in caste-iron with tomato and orange. Walnut ginger puree as a starter.

I always visit new restaurants when traveling, but after eating at the other places in Gocek (fine, not great food for the same price) I made sure to go back to Omer's for my final meal.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

We chose to eat here as it was number one on trip advisor and we had not eaten at any of the restaurants in this part of Gocek on our previous trips. Food was nice but nothing to write home about and I felt sorry for the poor waitress who was greeted by four lots of table guests arriving at the same time so she struggled to get the drinks orders give the menus and take orders whilst the owner and I presume the owners wife sat and played with their phones and computer not very good first impression. Setting was nice but view was more restricted than I thought it would be.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Have eaten here recently with two groups of friends, all of whom dined very happily. Menu is different from the usual offerings in town (although there are some good places to eat there). Interesting selection of Mezes eg smoked trout salad - but not as one would imagine - and cheese with raki. Whilst ordering. Omer said that he was not doing one of the choices as advertised but hoped we would be happy with his new variant of it. And so we were. Meze portions small but actually one does need more than is in the dish. Main courses again interesting: well presented and well cooked. Decent choices of drinks. Service efficient and friendly. And Omer makes an effort to chat to his customers as well as running the kitchen.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

This charming little place is situated way to the left in Gocek harbour in an upmarket Marina .Went for dinner , solo , and had the funniest experience .Once seated made my decision, the chef got up from speaking with friends , and literally within 2 minutes my tasty starter of artichokes arrived , before I could get even halfway through , my main course appeared , a lamb special. .
Normally this means everything is pre prepared and something I would avoid at all costs , but the food was perfect , tender meat in an unusual spicy sauce , delicious rice and excellent decoration of vegetables.
The welcome is extraordinarily friendly , you must give it a try and enjoy the walk up from Goceck Marina .