US$144
US$127
US$64
US$60
Secrets Guest House(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$49
  • Breakfast included
US$83
US$126
US$50
J. Residence Motel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$43
Alison & Dave's Guest House(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$68
US$47
All reviewspool barlarge swimming poolcolonial hotelgreat poolentebbe airportlate flightenjoyed my stayrooms are comfortablemustafatortoisesugandaplatformsignalzoo
Reviewed 2 November 2016

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear swithun,

All the Laico Lake Victoria Hotel team and I would thank you for sharing your experience further to your stay within our property.
I could note that the (A wonderful place to recover if you have been out and about in Uganda and missed the luxuries of a good shower and a good bar. Food is excellent and staff most helpful. Lovely to see local school using the pool and you may well swim with your flight crew if you are leaving that evening! We had time for an amazing Marshlands tour to see the spoonbill. Fantastic!) have met your expectations.
Your observations are precious as it allows us to, constantly, improve the quality of our service in the sole aim of keeping you always satisfied.
I hope being able to welcome you again in Laico lake Victoria Hotel to offer to your good selves a new unique experience.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We stayed here for a business meeting and the facilities and staff were very good. Breakfast provides many options and the food at lunch and dinner was delicious. I appreciated the range of african food available such as the bananas and groundnut sauce. However the wonderful part is the beautiful pool in the grounds. It was great to be able to float and cool off at the end of the day.

Stayed: October 2016

Dear Hman8772014,

I could note that the (the facilities and staff were very good. Breakfast provides many options and the food at lunch and dinner was delicious. I appreciated the range of african food available such as the bananas and groundnut sauce. However the wonderful part is the beautiful pool in the grounds. It was great to be able to float and cool off at the end of the day.) have met your expectations.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Myself and my colleagues stayed in Laico for 4 days couple of months back. It was a pleasant enough stay. Good Breakfast and over all service was good. But while leaving the hotel I had a very bad experience. It shouldn’t have happened in a four start hotel. While we checked-in I paid 3 days room rent in advance for two of us. Hotel Cashier issued a Hand written Receipt for the payment. On the day we were checking out I informed Cashier at 9am to prepare the bill after reducing the advance. She asked me to come back after half an hour by the time she will prepare the bill. Myself and my colleague reach Cashier’s cabin by 9.30am and we were in hurry to reach airport. Cashier already knows about that. She gave around 5 print outs, written as Invoice details but main Sheet Currency was in Ugandan Shilling. When I informed, she apologised and print another paper in USD. By the time it was almost 15 minutes passed. Our time to reach airport was getting closer. To settle the bill quickly I asked her the total amount instead of going all papers I got. She gave me the total amount that was for 4 complete days for two people without deducting advance payment. I paid the amount and she gave those receipts in two separate envelopes for both of us and we hurriedly left to Airport. When I reach back to my destination I realised that Cashier didn’t deduct advance payment. I thought it was just a mistake and telephoned the hotel. When I asked the receptionist to connect me to the Manager, he connect me to a reservation staff. When I explained to him about the issue, he asked, whether I have a hand written receipt after settling the cash. I said no but I have all computer generated print outs. He asked me to send the scanned copies. I forwarded the copies, then he replied back, those were only Invoice details not Cash Payment receipt. I asked then why she stamped ‘’ Received’’ in each and every paper she was given. This person replied back next day and said Cashier doesn’t receive any extra money. It was only balance amount it was paid. Then another colleague went to the hotel in next week to enquire in person but one Manager said we have to file a police case if we wants to go further to check CCTV footage in Cashiers cabin. They already know we are not going to do that.

Stayed: June 2016

Dear Vipindas C,

All the Laico Ledger Victoria team and I would thank you for sharing your experience further to your stay within our property.
I took note of your comments with particular attention, especially regarding ( Hotel Cashier issued a Hand written Receipt for the payment. On the day we were checking out I informed Cashier at 9am to prepare the bill after reducing the advance. She asked me to come back after half an hour by the time she will prepare the bill. Myself and my colleague reach Cashier’s cabin by 9.30am and we were in hurry to reach airport. Cashier already knows about that. She gave around 5 print outs, written as Invoice details but main Sheet Currency was in Ugandan Shilling. When I informed, she apologised and print another paper in USD. By the time it was almost 15 minutes passed. Our time to reach airport was getting closer. To settle the bill quickly I asked her the total amount instead of going all papers I got. She gave me the total amount that was for 4 complete days for two people without deducting advance payment. I paid the amount and she gave those receipts in two separate envelopes for both of us and we hurriedly left to Airport. When I reach back to my destination I realised that Cashier didn’t deduct advance payment. I thought it was just a mistake and telephoned the hotel. When I asked the receptionist to connect me to the Manager, he connect me to a reservation staff. When I explained to him about the issue, he asked, whether I have a hand written receipt after settling the cash. I said no but I have all computer generated print outs. He asked me to send the scanned copies. I forwarded the copies, then he replied back, those were only Invoice details not Cash Payment receipt. I asked then why she stamped ‘’ Received’’ in each and every paper she was given. This person replied back next day and said Cashier doesn’t receive any extra money. It was only balance amount it was paid. Then another colleague went to the hotel in next week to enquire in person but one Manager said we have to file a police case if we wants to go further to check CCTV footage in Cashiers cabin. They already know we are not going to do that.
This might be happening with many customers who stayed in this hotel. This Cashier was so confident while cheating me, that means it happened many times before. I learned from this incident, staff of this four star hotel are not trustworthy like any other star hotel around the world. ). accept my apologies for these inconveniences.
We shall ensure the close monitoring of the details linked to our service.
Looking forward to having the great pleasure to, personally, welcome you during your next stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Stayed for a week in Entebbe. Hotel facilities are good, price is reasonable. The rooms facing the pool on the ground floor are slightly larger and offer a nice patio. Food is average with some nice salad options, which are not so common. Live music on the weekends was quite good fun. Hotel is aging somewhat, this shows more with the bathrooms, but overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor facing the pool are larger.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Andrew R

I took note of your comments with particular attention, especially regarding (Hotel is aging somewhat, this shows more with the bathrooms). accept my apologies for these inconveniences.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

I spent several nights at this Hotel, and enjoyed my stay. The rooms are large, and are nice and clean. It is a flatscreen there, but this is so little that I would say it has more or less no value. The AC in the room is also very old and noisy. Except from that, the rooms are great. It is free wifi in the area, but this is very unstable. The breakfast is the best i have had in Entebbe so far. I had dinners in the restaurant several days, but will recommend to eat other places. The food was not very good. The pool is however very nice and clean. There is also a gym at the Hotel, which is nice. In general I would say that it is the pool that makes this Hotel worth a visit instead of other and cheaper Hotels. The prices in the hotel is also higher than other places, which is to be expected at a four star Hotel. However, I was a bit suprised that they charge you 50 usd extra if you will have friends or family to visit you in the room at day time. There is also a nice garden area and quietly area perfect for relaxing. Im satisfied with my stay there, but will choose other Hotels next time.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear FFF86,

I took note of your comments with particular attention, especially regarding ( I was a bit suprised that they charge you 50 usd extra if you will have friends or family to visit you in the room at day time). accept my apologies for these inconveniences.