“Great Hotel and Retreat”

Laico Lake Victoria Hotel
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The hotel is a great place to stay and relax. It is also a great place for the children and community of Entebbe to enjoy the great pool that is at the hotel. The service from the staff was incredible and the food was wonderful and the beer was cold. It was a great place to stay and glad I was here for the one week I was in town. I will highly recommend and come again someday.

Room Tip: Poolside view is great
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Laico Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear Woodyninja,

All the Laico Lake Victoria Hotel team and I would thank you for sharing your experience further to your stay within our property.
I could note that the (The hotel is a great place to stay and relax) have met your expectations, your review is shared with all the staff and are impressed on your comment.
Your observations are precious as it allows us to, constantly, improve the quality of our service in the sole aim of keeping you always satisfied.
I hope being able to welcome you again in Laico lake Victoria Hotel to offer to your good selves a new unique experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

I did not stay at Lake Victoria, but spend a relaxed day their before flying back home.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear ElsebethG,

I could note that the (The hotel has good restaurant, nice garden, svimmingpool and sun chairs. They store your luggage and are very friendly and helpful) have met your expectations, your review is shared with all the staff and are impressed on your comment.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this resort looking for a spa. A local recommended we try this place. The massages were superb and affordable. The health club is well maintained and very clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. Definitely recommend the massages if looking for a relaxing massage while visiting Entebbe.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ahappyfeet

Dear Ahappyfeet,

I could note that the ( The massages were superb and affordable. The health club is well maintained and very clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. ) have met your expectations, your review is shared with all the staff and are impressed on your comment.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

I frequent this hotel at least 4 times per year, and it seems to improve at every visit. Best asset is the doorman who, after recognizing me after so many visits greeted me with a warm 'Sister, your're back!'.
Keep in mind that this is an excellent choice for African standards but that it does not compare to western / asian levels. That said, the Lake Vic hotel is a good choice and very convenient for its location (close to airport). It is usually quiet (may be not so much on weekends when there are wedding parties), the staff is friendly and most helpful and the breakfast buffet pretty good. Swimming pool is great too. Clean, and sometimes with small groups of locals kids getting swimming lessons in the paddling pool. Busy with expat families during the weekend.
Ms Ronnie from the reception is also a true champiion when it comes to helping out troubled travellers. She will assist you getting paperwork done, scanning and some printwork when asked.

Room Tip: Stay away from poolside rooms during the weekend... big parties tend to produce a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear P M,

I could note that the "Best asset is the doorman who, after recognizing me after so many visits greeted me with a warm 'Sister, your're back!'.
Keep in mind that this is an excellent choice for African standards but that it does not compare to western / asian levels" have met your expectations, your review is shared with all the staff and are impressed on your comment.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Laico Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear swithun,

I could note that the (A wonderful place to recover if you have been out and about in Uganda and missed the luxuries of a good shower and a good bar. Food is excellent and staff most helpful. Lovely to see local school using the pool and you may well swim with your flight crew if you are leaving that evening! We had time for an amazing Marshlands tour to see the spoonbill. Fantastic!) have met your expectations.