See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Booked last minute and I have to say a lucky find. Clean, good quality accomodation in a quiet corner of the city centre near to a pleasant park area, barely ten minutes walk (if that) into the main centre. Helpful staff, but only one could speak English so make use of the free wifi to use your translate app on your I phones... Not a bad choice at all, best night's sleep I've had a for while, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Rooinek63
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stopped here for business. Very good hotel. The pleasant obliging personnel, good, pure numbers. Very cozy. Quiet district, despite that is in city center. Nearby there is a park where it is possible to take a walk in the evening. Very happy to choose this hotel. If I will be in Simferopol once again, I will stop only here. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: I was leaving at room # 12, for me is a nice one!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
14  Thank Digitex
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Paid a bit over 30 euros. At that price, as far as I know, it's an unbeatable option in Simferopol. Nice building, reasonable rooms. Central. Friendly staff. No English spoken, no breakfast included. As was always my experience in the Ukraine, pay in cash on arrival and no receipt given.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Ubulord
Reviewed 18 March 2011

If you look for the location on Google Maps, the street name is: Suvorovs'kyi Descent. On the front gate, the hotel is listed only as "Dom 9", but the color of the building (off-pink) is hard to miss.

Recommended by a friend (Simferopol resident), we were DELIGHTED with this small hotel. At 420 rpH (Greeva) per night (about $53 USD at the current exchange rate of about 8-to-1), the building and rooms are newly remodeled, immaculate and spacious. Our "room" had a kitchen with table, chairs, dishes, etc., a huge bedroom with a king-size bed, and a westernized, totally modern bathroom with shower. The service was great.

Surprisingly, each of the 3 floors (of about 6-8 rooms per floor) has its own wireless network router. All you need is the PASSWORD from the front desk, which is a common word which they misspelled when they created the password - so look in the book for yourself. It has TWO R's in it; NOT the one R when the word is correctly spelled.

The grounds and building are very secure, with web cam identification of guests at the front gate and the building's entrance. Plus the front desk person also validates who you are. No need to worry about security here!

It is a 2-minute walk to Luxembourg St, which runs into Pushkin St (only a 3-4 minute walk away) a cobblestone, non-vehicle walkway lined with numerous shops, cafes and restaurants. At first glance it appears like a "tourist trap", but the prices are actually VERY low compared to similar places in Kiev and Odessa.

On the walk from the "Dom 9 - Suvorovski House Hotel" heading southeast up a slight incline to Luxembourg St, then to Pushkin St, one passes a much larger hotel set back from Luxembourg Street. Prices there start at DOUBLE that of the "Dom 9 - Suvorovski House Hotel" and it is very nice inside the lobby. But the rooms are the standard, mini cubicles found in most hotels, so why pay for the fancy lobby??? The bar is nice and, to my great surprise, very inexpensive - so you may wish to relax and have a drink there! However, the same French song kept playing over and over on the lobby's speakers, which even the waitress admitted was very annoying! Otherwise, forget this place and stick with "Dom 9 - Suvorovski House Hotel".

A 2-minute walk west from "Dom 9" is a small river (or stream) with a walkway that heads south for several miles following the stream. It has numerous bridges and several fountains and is truly very lovely. If you walk far enough, you will come to a small restaurant on the west side of the stream. It is very popular with the locals; has extremely low prices and the most wonderful food!!! (The service is slow, as it is almost everywhere in Ukraine.)

I cannot emphasize how greatly pleased we were with the "Dom 9 - Suvorovski House Hotel". Our friend assured us we would like it - and we loved it! And at the price of about $53 per night, it was clearly the best deal in town!

from Boston, MA, USA

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Jack4952
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My friend and I stayed in that hotel for a week and found it the best option. First, it is located in the very centre, yet in a quiet area. Actually it is a 5 minutes walk from the Ukraina Hotel but was MUCH cheaper as compared with Ukraina! They have WiFi available which was important for us. There is a nice restaurant right on the opposite side of the street and a park nearby… In short, if we ever return to Simferopol, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple