Al Nakheel Hotel Apartments(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$41
Bedouin Oasis Camp(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Al Maha Residence(Ras Al Khaimah)
US$39
US$115
US$102
  • Pool
Al Hamra Residence & Village(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Bin Majid Beach Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
US$59
US$43
US$68
US$35
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$41/night.

Marjan Island Resort & Spa(Ras Al Khaimah)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$74
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$59
  • Pool
All reviewsmoon barbanyan treerainforest experienceprivate poolrainforest spatented villasundergoing renovationsarabian oryxin villa diningsmall deckopen your eyessmaller villasfarmhouse restauranttranquil place to staythrough luxury escapesbird showcomplimentary bicycles
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We had a tented pool villa which was really impressive. Very luxury and with a big terrace and pool. The desert view was great. You will see a lot of animals passing by. Some nice activities and a really verz good restaurant. Staff is very friendly!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TheRitzCarltonRAK, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear pfiffikus2018,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our nature reserve, the tranquility and the service of our Ladies and Gentlemen.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I had planned to stay for one night, but immediately after arriving decided that one night was not enough.
We stayed in a Tented Villa with own pool and it can only be described as the ultimate family luxury.
The Villa is generously and luxuriously laid out with the pool at the center of it all.
We found it hard to leave the Villa the first day and so just lounged around and had Villa dining sent.
The Ritz Carlton team goes to great length to make you feel welcome and comfortable and service is great.
There are loads of activities- we only managed to do a few but can recommend the Owl and Falcon Show and the Spa - wow.
This is a great vacation and relaxation place - go there !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear aagerholm,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah Al Wadi Desert.

We are pleased to read about the Ritz-Carlton experience you had during your stay and that you thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of the private pool villas.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Quite impressed with the size of the property. The place is nicely secluded for those who long for the desert look and feel. The check in is quite welcoming, going into the room in the buggy was a nice change of scenery. The rooms are quite spacious with a nice private pool food is very good, the meat at the Farmhouse was amazing. The F&B Manager Mohammed is quite welcoming and friendly. Well that was the good, now the ugly; overall I was quite disappointed with this hotel being Ritz Carlton, the rooms where in a bad condition, needs refurbishing, no place to sun tan in your private pool, our Neighbour had was a family with very noisy kids. We asked the front desk to change our rooms and that took a good 90 minutes for them to react after 4 followup calls to front desk and a bit of screaming. Finally we were in our other room with the same condition. This hotel needs serious refurbishment.

It’s also a nightmare each time to request a buggy to go to reception.

For that price, I don’t think I would go there again. Especially not for my wedding anniversary

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Firas F
TheRitzCarltonRAK, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Firas F,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your comments with us, following your recent stay with us.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies that your experience was not up to your expectations. I was very disappointed to read that we fell short of ensuring of your comfort. I personally shared your comments with my respective department leaders and addressed them with the utmost importance.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, feel free to contact me at any time via email at amit.arora@ritzcarlton.com and I will personally reach out to you at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to RAK and our third visit to the desert.

The resort is about 45 minutes from Dubai airport (at night). We were met at the airport by a hotel driver. He was polite and pleasant enough. Once off the motorway and in the Conservation Area we passed donkeys and oryx. Amazing to see them roam free.

Check-in was fairly swift and they quickly realised they hadn’t prepared our room for the children. They quickly rectified this and prepared the sofa bed. The sofa bed was fine but hard and had a had a huge gap down the middle. Although they covered the gap with a sheet and propped cushions in the gap the children constantly fell through. The bedroom would have been big enough for a rollaway bed instead.

We were in villa 303. It was a big villa with a big bathroom with separate bath and shower and double sinks. There was a very good size luggage room / wardrobe, a big bedroom which led to a small lounge with sofa bed, and desk. Outside we had a small deck with a good size swimming pool, which was temperature controlled. Unfortunately we had an obstructed view but could see the desert through the trees. There was also tea and coffee making facilities but sadly no proper milk, only Coffeemate - shocking for a luxury hotel!

It felt like the the drab villa with dirty carpets, paint peeling off the walls on the deck, poor draining sinks and shower. We had two incidents where the toilet was blocked and the shower flooded the bathroom. Both were resolved in a few hours.

Service across the resort was friendly and willing but the execution is poor. For example we asked for bikes when we checked in but they arrived on our full last day and were taken from us a few hours later. We also requested a bike with stabilisers which never arrived. We never had enough towels in the bathroom and getting more always took at least an hour to arrive. We never had to wait long for a golf buggy though. And we asked to visit the Al Wadi tower which they did with no trouble at all.

Room service food was good, although slow. Breakfast at Kaheela was very good. Not too much food but well present and good quality. Breakfast chef who was in charge of eggs / pancakes / waffles was fabulous. He worked well under pressure often having 3 or 4 pans on the go while also poaching eggs and making small talk with guests and seemingly got the orders right every time.

We are big coffee drinkers and sadly the coffee was poor. We tried everything from a latte to americano to filter coffee etc. All varying degrees of poor. They definitely need a decent coffee machine / barista training.

The Farmhouse occupies a stunning location overlooking the watering hole. The service is very friendly, but also slow. The food is a mixed bag. On our first night our starters of salmon and octopus were good but the signature dishes of lamb ribs and wagu brisket were fatty and overly seasoned.

On the second night, starters of duck riglette and beef tartare were awful but the tenderloin and the New York strip were really good.

Also a little annoying that they don’t take orders until 6.30pm which meant our children were ‘hangry’ (angry because of hunger) every night. Equally annoying was smoking diners allowed to sit next to non-smoking diners and children. Surprised this still happens in the age.

Unfortunately the children were subjected the the same very simple kids menu throughout the resort. We understand that children love basic simple foods which should be on offer but they should also be offered a small version of adult dishes. Holidays are all about trying new things and a prescriptive kids menu removes their opportunity to try new foods.

Sadly there is not much to do at the resort. Bikes are complimentary - if you get them. And you can head to the stables and the Mews to see the horses and birds. The falconry show is also complimentary but is the dullest show we’ve ever been to. But it does take place at a beautiful spot. It’s shame that they don’t make more it; have a smaller group and do sundowners and a show. At present Rebecca and her colleague try their best to make it interactive but a large group mostly trying to contend with the blazing sun are never going to be talkative and fun.

We were lucky that one of the buggy drivers took us up Al Wadi Tower. We were surprised by how dirty and run down it was. We certainly wouldn’t want to eat up there. But the views are stunning.

Kids club is sweet with an outdoor play area, indoor play area and craft and painting area. It’s well staffed with a full programme of activities.

In a country of exquisite luxury hotels, the Ritz Carlton Al Wadi is the minimum standard I would expect, it’s certainly no Al Maha in Dubai or even Sir Bani Yas in Abu Dhabi.

We’ve been coveting this resort since it opened as a Bayan Tree many years ago. We were so excited to get an opportunity to visit this year. It is beautiful, and I suppose we could have made more of it if we had been willing to pay heavily for the activities. All that considered though, it was underwhelming, maybe even a little boring.

That said however if you are looking for 2-3 days of peace with your own pool and fairly decent food then you can’t go wrong.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TheRitzCarltonRAK, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Selinaz,

Thank you for your insightful review regarding your recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear about your experience with us. This is not service commitment we orient ourselves towards here at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert. Please accept my sincerest apologies for falling short of your expectations during your stay.

I would like to welcome the opportunity to get in direct contact with you to further discuss the matter. Please feel free to email me at amit.arora@ritzcarlton.com and I will return your message as soon as I am able to.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Firstly, I want to give some context to this review, we have been lucky enough to stay in some amazing luxury hotels during our travels and have been blown away by the discreet and faultless service of the likes of Belmond, Four Seasons, Taj Palace and The Penninsula alongside some lesser known Boutique hotels which have paralleled the big brands. We traveled to the UAE for my husbands 50th Birthday celebrations, having never stayed at a Ritz before I assumed such an exclusive brand name afford similar levels of service and ensure a very special celebration. I had settled on RAK as I wanted to treat my husband to a surprise trip down the newly opened world’s longest zip line – in fact this and the entire trip was a surprise that I had meticulously planned since November the previous year. Unfortunately, at check in the receptionist gave away the fact that we were there to do the zip line, as I had booked the transfers to the zip line via the hotel. He was clearly very embarrassed at my horror and to be fair wouldn’t necessarily have known it was a surprise but nether-the-less I would have maybe expected slightly more discretion, if this were the only slip-up I could have forgiven it, even though I had managed to keep it a secret for four months – unfortunately however it was not.

Let’s start with the positive though, the property is stunning, villa’s are beautiful and enormous, I have never stayed anywhere where you have a sofa in the bathroom, the private pool is fabulous (although you will get minimal sun past midday and there is no main pool to visit as an alternative). The free falcon show was really interesting and we were lucky enough to be the only two on the particular day we went to stay and got to handle all the birds. The food is incredible, the dinner we had at the Farmhouse on the first night was wonderful and in such a beautiful setting, we also had the RAK BBQ when we had our private dining which could have fed twice as many people, we totally over indulged because every course was stunning. The sister resort at the beach had just opened and given it was peak season there were 5 buses a day which gave you an opportunity to go for dinner – where again the food was incredible.

If I were to try and sum up the biggest issue I think it all links back to communication – I had booked several things through the concierge before I arrived – the first was a couple of hours sand dune bashing, I was given the option of a group or individual tour and chose the group. When I went to check this was booked and timings for collection there seemed to be no record of it, I went back to the room and waited a call which I received with the explanation the booking had been tracked down and the confusion was because it was booked through an external tour operator and not the hotels activity centre – as far as I was concerned it had been booked through the Ritz so I am not sure why this caused confusion.

The hotel very kindly delivered a Birthday cake on the day we arrived, bearing in mind I had had lots of email communication regarding the exact date of my husband’s birthday and the fact they had taken a copy of his passport it seemed a bit odd to me that they delivered it 2 days before his birthday when we were due to still be staying with them on his actual birthday. Incidentally, they also rang the room when we had the Do Not Disturb on and were asleep after an overnight flight, to ask if they could still deliver the cake. I would have expected a slicker level of service on both these elements from this level of property.

However, the biggest issue we encountered was the day of my husbands actual birthday. I had booked a private desert dinner for the celebrations back in January, originally I suggested dining at 8pm but the hotel recommended that it would be nice to have sundowners, around 6-6:30pm, which I agreed to. On coming back from the zip line I checked what time we needed to be ready for and how we got to the relevant spot. Once again there seemed to be no record of the booking and it was now just before 5pm on the day of the dinner. I was distraught, especially when I was told there was no guarantee that it could happen that evening as they may not be able to get it ready in time and should go back to my room and wait for a call. I was not happy with this having provided all copies of the email showing as far as I was concerned it was booked, I asked to see a Manager, I had to wait some time for Mohammed to come out (I assume because he was trying to sort the booking). I was then told it could be ready for 8pm which meant we would miss the sunset which they had recommended to me, eventually it was agreed that it would be ready for us and we would collected in about 30 minutes time, giving us no time to get ready or for my husband to open his presents before dinner. During which time I received a call from reception as I was due to check out the following day asking how my stay had been – a great example of no communication between departments!

In fairness I cannot then fault the dinner once it was organised, The F&B Manager collected us personally from our villa, they put us in the Al Wadi tower with stunning views at sunset, gave us a personal chef to cook the food and a welcome drink. The two waiters were fabulous (although they did not seem to be aware we were celebrating my husband’s Birthday, which I would have expected to have been passed on) and as previously mentioned the food was stunning.

The Deputy Manager did come and see us on check out and apologised but unfortunately the run up to it was so traumatic for me (and to a lesser degree my husband who could see how upset I was despite the fact I tried to hide it) that my memories of the hotel and the Ritz brand will always be tainted by this experience and I would actively look to pick one of the above mentioned brands over the Ritz in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dentonsdestinations

Dear dentonsdestinations,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the fact that your experience was not up to your expectations. At The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, we are passionate about creating meaningful memories for our guests. I was very disappointed to read that we fell short of this in several areas during your stay with us. I personally shared your comments with my respective department leaders and addressed them with the utmost importance.

I would appreciate if we could discuss the shortcomings you experienced in more detail, in order to improve the quality of our services. If you could afford the time please send me your contact details via e-mail amit.arora@ritzcarlton.com, and I will personally reach out to you at your convenience.

Best Regards,