“It all about the detail and quality”

Kimmy Custom Tailor
Ranked #2 of 415 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Kimmy Tailor owned and run by a Vietnamese-Canadian, Kimmy Custom Tailor has been the only Western-operated tailor serving international clients for over 15 years in Hoi An. Kimmy prides itself on understanding Western styles and sensibilities, and has its own tailors and factory so it doesn't outsource the work. As a result, Kimmy keeps full control over quality at very reasonable prices and excellent customer service with over 5000 sample fabrics to choose from. Measurements are kept on file so you can re-order online later.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend of mine had previously been to Hoi An and had suggested 2 tailors, 1 for jackets, 1 for a suits, he had told me what he had paid for his. I had read the reviews on line about Kimmy the tailors shop so thought I would go in to see what they did for what price. I was met by a warm, happy smiley face, as a Yorkshire man this always makes me nervous. Anh spent the next 30-45 minutes asking what I was looking for,she explained the different grade of materials and the service they gave. She advised what shape and style suited me best. We then went through pricing. You do pay for what you get and kimmys is actually not that much different to the price my friend gave, the quality of the fabric and customer service is outstanding. I had 2-3 further fittings to get my suit and jacket. My wife also got a jacket. After the 3rd and final fitting a couple of minor tweaks, they said they would send the finished items to my hotel, which saved me having to go back to town purely to collect these. . Anh was a star and from a glance can work out your body shape, size and style that will be best for your body. They hold your details on file if you do want to repeat order? Which I may do....depending on shipping costs

Kimmytailor_HoiAn, Manager at Kimmy Custom Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Kimmy Tailor. We value all feedback and appreciate your detailed review of our process including great advice for future guests. We know how overwhelming it can be to know which tailor to choose but are so thrilled that you chose us. A huge thanks to your friend for recommending us too. We invest in training and developing our staff so they're equipped with the right knowledge to ensure your tailoring is an experience in itself. Thank you for acknowledging Anh here for her attention to detail and for offering you good advice during your tailoring experience.

Kimmy Management

Write a ReviewReviews (5,376)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I dregged my boyfriend off to 'Kimmy's' to have a dress and jumpsuit made for myself. He also ended up having trousers, a shirt and a waistcoat made tailored by Jade. We both had a great experience with Kimmy custom tailor! I was helped by Sophie. They work so fast! The dress was almost immediatly perfect. To be honest I wasn't so sure about my jumpsuit, maybe what I wanted wasn't such a good idea after all and after the 2nd fitting I wasn't sure if we could make it work but Sophie kept on going. 'A little bit shorter here, a little tighter here'... and voila, after the 4th fitting it was perfect! They have a great deal of fabric choices and always schedule in 3 fittings to make sure you get what you want and maybe even more important, fits well! It wasn't cheap but worth it!

Dear valued guest,

A heartfelt thanks from all of us here at Kimmy Tailor to you for recommending us to future clients. We value all feedback and believe that future clients will benefit from your review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your dress and jumpsuit and that your partner loves what he got in the end too. Sophie and Jade are very grateful to be mentioned here for giving you great service and attention to detail.

We'd like to remind you of our policy of saving your measurements for up to 5 years so you can enjoy shopping online and from the comfort of your home. We hope that you enjoy wearing them and look forward to welcoming you when you're back in Hoi An!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Kimmy and and another tailor I won't mention and I have to say I'm pretty happy with both regarding quality and fit- but you can't beat a friendly smile. Chi and Hana worked with us from start to finish and they were a pleasure. Happy and always ready with jokes.

I appreciated the customer service, they were willing to make some big changes in a very short amount of time.

I'm looking forward to visiting them again whenever I make it back to Vietnam.
I hope Kimmy and all of Hoi An is able to bounce back from the recent typhoon flood.

1  Thank Jeremy R

Dear valued guest,

A huge thanks for taking the time to review us and for recommending Kimmy to future clients as "Hard to beat.."

We are so touched by your kind words and care and would like you to know that we have made a full recovery from the recent floods, thank you! We value your special mention here of Chi and Hana for giving you the best customer service during your tailoring experience with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you intend coming back to visit us in the future and definitely look forward to that. In the meantime, be reminded that we save your measurements for up to 5 years, so you can shop online and from the comfort of home.

Thank you again for your much appreciated support. Enjoy wearing your new items.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s difficult to choose the right shop for clothes in Hoi An, so we followed some tips.

No regrets at all at Kimmy Customer Tailor! After choosing a style and fabric, measurements were taken. We felt there was enough time and excellent guidance and tips from our saleswoman Linda! In the evening and the day after, fitting took place. Again Linda helped us a great deal. A third planned fitting wasn’t necessary, but it was nice to know that there was another opportunity for comments. They really take the necessary time to provide excellent results!

Thanks Kimmy and especially Linda! We are happy customers!

Kimmytailor_HoiAn, Manager at Kimmy Custom Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

A huge thank you from all of us to you for choosing Kimmy Tailor as the place for "Excellent service - beautiful clothes". We appreciate the time you took to review us. Thank you for your special mention of Linda for giving you excellent tips during your tailoring experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again one day and until then, would like to remind you of our policy of saving your measurements for 5 years so you can shop online and from the comfort of your home. Enjoy wearing your new clothes!

Kimmy Tailor

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having had many 'made to measure' suits from sites such as indochino I can hands down say the quality and final product of the 3 suits I brought from Kimmy far surpasses that of M2M suits I own.

Knowing exactly the style I wanted I brought in a suit which fitted well for kimmy to copy. They did an amazing job.. Replicated ever last detail from the interior monogram, contrast button holes, pick stitching everything.. All at no adding cost to the price first agreed.

Will certainly be ordering more online and would recommend kimmy to anyone.

I was served by Nole who certainly knows her stuff and suggested some alterations which defiantly improved the suits

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for recommending us to future clients as the go-to place for M2M suits!

We value all feedback and believe that future clients will benefit from your review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your three suits and all the custom design details that went into it. We appreciate you mentioning our online policy to future guests and look forward to hearing from you then. Enjoy wearing your suits!

We look forward to welcoming you when you're back in Hoi An!