“Excellent Service with Tea!”

Kimmy Custom Tailor
Ranked #2 of 415 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Kimmy Tailor owned and run by a Vietnamese-Canadian, Kimmy Custom Tailor has been the only Western-operated tailor serving international clients for over 15 years in Hoi An. Kimmy prides itself on understanding Western styles and sensibilities, and has its own tailors and factory so it doesn't outsource the work. As a result, Kimmy keeps full control over quality at very reasonable prices and excellent customer service with over 5000 sample fabrics to choose from. Measurements are kept on file so you can re-order online later.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I got two dresses tailored here, and both turned out fantastic! Tea walked me through the entire process, from showing me styles , helping me pick out colors, and making sure the fit was just right! You get what you pay for here!!

Kimmytailor_HoiAn, Manager at Kimmy Custom Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for complimenting Tea on her professionalism and guidance during your tailoring experience. This gives us all an extra boost of enthusiasm to keep our commitment to ensuring our clients have the ultimate guest experience. We'd like to remind you of our policy of saving your measurements for up to 5 years so you can enjoy shopping online and from the comfort of your home. We value your review and thank you for recommending us to future clients.

Kimmy Management

Write a ReviewReviews (5,372)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Kimmy's by recommendation of Motorvina. I showed Chi, one of the lovely women that work here, my sketch and she immediately understood my whishes and came with some suggestions. She knew a lot about the types of fabric and how they would feel and flow. For my skirt I got a chiffon+silk fabric, a beautiful flower pattern, with an underlayer of silk. The top is 100% cotton. I only had two days here in Hoi An which was no problem. They scheduled three fittings that matched my sightseeing schedule, but after two fittings everything was perfect. They'll do anything to make you happy; big and small alterations are no problem. Chi even gave me a tiny sample pieces of the fabric for my journal. It takes some negotiating for the perfect price (nothing unpleasant tho, they make sure everyone is happy); they probably aren't the cheapest in town. However they sure are the best, everything is done in shop (whereas others will send the fabrics out and get it done in some factory).
Loved every bit of the experience.

Dear valued guest,

A heartfelt thanks from all of us here at Kimmy Tailor to you for recommending us to future clients. We value all feedback and believe that future clients will benefit from your detailed review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your beautiful skirt and Chi is very proud to be mentioned here. We'd like to remind you of our policy of saving your measurements for up to 5 years so you can enjoy shopping online and from the comfort of your home. We hope that you enjoy wearing them and look forward to welcoming you when you're back in Hoi An!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Customer care was incredible. Linda crafted me a three piece suit and shirt which fit perfectly and are made from quality materials. Couldn't speak any higher of her!

Dear valued guest,

A huge thank you from all of us for your kind words, which we know other clients will find useful. We appreciate your glowing review of Linda and we value the fact that you found her energy positive and the entire process one of excellent service and quality clothing.

We'd like to remind you of our policy of saving your measurements for up to 5 years so you can enjoy shopping online and from the comfort of your home. We hope you enjoy wearing your three-piece suit!

We would be thrilled to invite you back again in the future!
With warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend of mine had previously been to Hoi An and had suggested 2 tailors, 1 for jackets, 1 for a suits, he had told me what he had paid for his. I had read the reviews on line about Kimmy the tailors shop so thought I would go in to see what they did for what price. I was met by a warm, happy smiley face, as a Yorkshire man this always makes me nervous. Anh spent the next 30-45 minutes asking what I was looking for,she explained the different grade of materials and the service they gave. She advised what shape and style suited me best. We then went through pricing. You do pay for what you get and kimmys is actually not that much different to the price my friend gave, the quality of the fabric and customer service is outstanding. I had 2-3 further fittings to get my suit and jacket. My wife also got a jacket. After the 3rd and final fitting a couple of minor tweaks, they said they would send the finished items to my hotel, which saved me having to go back to town purely to collect these. . Anh was a star and from a glance can work out your body shape, size and style that will be best for your body. They hold your details on file if you do want to repeat order? Which I may do....depending on shipping costs

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Kimmy Tailor. We value all feedback and appreciate your detailed review of our process including great advice for future guests. We know how overwhelming it can be to know which tailor to choose but are so thrilled that you chose us. A huge thanks to your friend for recommending us too. We invest in training and developing our staff so they're equipped with the right knowledge to ensure your tailoring is an experience in itself. Thank you for acknowledging Anh here for her attention to detail and for offering you good advice during your tailoring experience.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I dregged my boyfriend off to 'Kimmy's' to have a dress and jumpsuit made for myself. He also ended up having trousers, a shirt and a waistcoat made tailored by Jade. We both had a great experience with Kimmy custom tailor! I was helped by Sophie. They work so fast! The dress was almost immediatly perfect. To be honest I wasn't so sure about my jumpsuit, maybe what I wanted wasn't such a good idea after all and after the 2nd fitting I wasn't sure if we could make it work but Sophie kept on going. 'A little bit shorter here, a little tighter here'... and voila, after the 4th fitting it was perfect! They have a great deal of fabric choices and always schedule in 3 fittings to make sure you get what you want and maybe even more important, fits well! It wasn't cheap but worth it!

Dear valued guest,

A heartfelt thanks from all of us here at Kimmy Tailor to you for recommending us to future clients. We value all feedback and believe that future clients will benefit from your review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your dress and jumpsuit and that your partner loves what he got in the end too. Sophie and Jade are very grateful to be mentioned here for giving you great service and attention to detail.

Warmest regards,