“It's OK if you stay here few day!!!”
Review of My Chau Hotel

My Chau Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
My Chau Hotel
Ranked #256 of 298 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2014

I feel good when i stay here. I stay here 3 night.
The room just 10$/1 night, the staff very good and friendly.
when you come in Hoi An if you no have the hotel you can come in MY CHAU hotel . This is good for you everything...!

Room Tip: you can choose the room have windown !
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 October 2014

A sweet young thing promoted this hotel to us just we got off from the bus. $12/day for a twin air-cond room and she give offer $10/day when i said we stay for 2 nights but we didn't take the offer and we start to walk around the town. At last, we checked in this hotel cause we couldn't get any hotel lower than this. Staying in the room for few minutes and found no air-cond supply, so we went to the reception desk and the sweet girl said $10 is for a Fan room, we need to pay $12 if we want air-cond, she said she did mentioned but both of us didn't hear it. Then i thought should be miscommunication. (1st trap)

A lady, supervisor i think (actually is hotel onwer relative) passed by my room and i requested her to supply me the soap and shampoo but she was very rude to me, she can't speak english but i understand that she said everthing should be in the bathroom, then i bring her in and show just a piece of soap and nothing else. She ask me to follow her all the way down to reception desk and give me a piece of soap. i ask for shampoo and tooth brush, she just keep on shaking her head it means no supply. Then i look for the sweet girl and finally i get all the stuffs.

Cause of heavy rain the whole afternoon, we have to stay in the hotel, then we chat with the sweet girl a lot even untill late night, althought she keep on asking us to join the tour, tailor-made clothes.... She seem good, sencere and helpful. Therefore, we decided to make book the bus ticket with her. She was off on day 2. The other girl also keep on asking us what we going to do and where we will go next, we just ignore her.

At the afternoon, i was out to the ancient town and my friend still staying in the hotel, she hearded an argument between the girl and customer which stay couple of day, were all about the room rate and others charged.

Day 3, the sweet gril was back on duty and i told her i wanted to buy coffee from the shop that she recommended, she ask the lady (supervisor) take me to the shop and i brought 4 type of coffee. i asked for the best price and they said they give the best offer to me. In the evening, i meet my friend and we went to the market and i just had the mind to survey the price and i found the shop overcharged me, about double up the price for 1 of the item and 1 was same price. (i can't found the other 2 items). My friend felt lucky that she have not buy any cause in the afternoon, the sweet girl told my friend i had bought the coffee and asking her to buy at the same shop.

Thanks God that first thing i back to the hotel, i just open the bag and wish to tidy up the coffee and i saw 1 of the packaging printed 37.500d/500g and i paid 150,000d for it. It really burst my anger. i bring down to query the sweet girl. She replied she doesn't know the price, i have to check with the shop, but i said is your recommendation, she just replied, i'm so sorry. i go back to the shop and the shop people seem knowing the purpose that i'm back, the man boss ignore me, walk away and hide at the back of the shop, the lady boss server me and ask me how much i willing to pay, i felt unbelievable, i thought will have a big quarrel with them, the end, they return some money to me.

Day 4, this hotel check out time was 11am, a bit early than normal, at 10.45am, the cleaner was waiting us at the corridor, when i open the room door, she come over and said, you check out, i rise up my voice and replied her still have 15mins more. Afternoon, my bus at 1.30pm but the shuttle came earlier about 45 mins pick up me to the bus station. i saw the bus was no the one i required but at the end i still get into the bus cause have no choice. After 1 hour, the shuttle drive ask me to get off the bus and will send me back to the hotel. The girl told me now will send me to the Bus company that i required, then a motorbike send me to a travel agency (Camel travel) to wait for my bus. My bus came, really a big jokes, i get into the same bus again.

Now i had arrived my destination safe but i have no idea what's the big drama had happend to my friend. She took the evening bus to the south of vietnam.

The good about this hotel are lacated nearby the ancient town and lot of good and cheap local food store surrounding.

Besides this hotel, there are more in Hoi An cause when i was at the travel agency waiting my bus, a girl shared with me she got a trap too. She booked her bus ticket with hotel and she paid double the price.

Vietnam was a nice country to visit but DO NOT EVER trust the people who pretend nice to you.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank meikuan2014
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at My Chau and it was pleasant enough. The facilities were clean and the price was decent.

However, the stuff were unbelievably pushy, continually trying to get me to book things through them and extract money from me. I hired a bicycle on my first day - it was $1 for a day. When I tried to take it out later that evening they tried to charge me again!

Every morning they staff would ask me what I was doing that day but not in a friendly way. It was obvious they just wanted my money. I don't know why they think this annoying tactic works because it made me resolved not to spend any money with them (even if it meant walking a few blocks to a travel agent out of principle).

My biggest qualm with them came to booking a flight from Danang to Ho Chi Minh. They lady at the counter quoted me around $73 US. When I looked it up myself I found the same flight for $33! They were ready to commission more than 50%. In addition to this, when I asked them about the local bus to Danang, they told me it would cost $5 and take 1.5 hours. They assured me that booking a different bus through them was the best option. Well, I took the local bus and it ended up costing $1 and took 45 minutes. These were straight-out lies and it really got on my nerves.

I would only recommend staying here for one night. Any further time and the lying staff will drive you crazy!

Room Tip: Make sure you pay for air conditioning. It's pretty brutal without it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank eric_mantis
Reviewed 22 August 2014

After a few odd stops around town we came to the My Chau, $10 single $12 with AC, most rooms have no windows but all seem to have newly serviced AC units,cable tv,hot water and some furniture. I had the upstairs room on the shared balcony. The staff is nice enough, And after a few months I'm used to people asking me what I plan on doing that day every morning....

Room Tip: rooms on the street can get noisy as the sidewalk eatery comes alive around 5 A.M.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We met the girl at the bus station and we turned her offer of a cheap room and moto down as we had a place in mind already, however that place was full and after walking all round the town (all the places we tried were full or over our budget) we ended up here.
We chose the room on the top floor. It was big, clean, comfortable and quiet. We had a big floor fan and a/c that was very effective.
The girl on reception was lovely, so helpful and friendly. She gave us free maps and clear instuctions on best way to visit local sites. We hired a scooter it was cheap and hassle-free and she booked our sleeper bus to Hue, it was a $1 cheaper than anywhere else, a very nice new bus with toilet.
The down side: the drain in the bathroom was very slow to drain and did smell but only until the water drained then it was fine and I dhould have mention it too the hotel staff and forgot.
We have stayed in many hotels in 10 months of travel and we would highly recommend this place. We paid $14 per night!!!

• Stayed: August 2014