Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Xuan Tu Tours
1,299 results
All reviews private tour day tour my son great tour marble mountain imperial city local food central vietnam cruise ship vietnamese history vietnamese coffee local market lady buddha his knowledge the dragon guide company
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019

My partner and I booked a private tour from Hoi An to Hue (about a 2 hour drive each way). Our tour guide, My, was an absolute dream tour guide - her English was outstanding, her humour mirrored that of mine and my partner, and she knew so much about the countryside and places we visited. The tour was engaging and interesting with a great range of activities included. We engaged in cultural activities as well as learning about Vietnamese history, seeing the beauty of the countryside and checking out the markets in Hue.
A highlight was the lunch spot recommended to us by My who sat with us and explained each of the traditional Hue dishes that we ordered.
I want to thank My for an amazing day, it was definitely a highlight of our Vietnam trip!
I cannot recommend this tour and tour company enough - send them an email and organise a tour with them, you won't regret it!

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank Kendall A
Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

My husband, adult son and I recently spent 16 days traveling in Vietnam. For four of those days we were in Hue and Hoi An and the surrounding area and then 2 days in Ho Chi Minh City with Xuan Tu Tours. I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel throughout the world and my experience with the guides of Xuan Tu Tours was amongst the best. For our time in Hue/Hoi An we had the most wonderful, delightful, engaging young woman, My (pronounced Me which drove my grammar obsessed husband crazy), as our guide and Vu as our driver. From the very beginning, My felt like she was part of our family or we were part of hers. She was very happy to be able to show us her home of Vietnam and shared lots of information about herself and her family. She was also very interested in us, where we lived and our family, asking to see pictures etc. My did a great job of explaining the history of Vietnam to us and all the sights we were seeing. She managed to strike the perfect balance of being informative without overloading us. She was also always extremely attentive to our needs, asking us if we needed water or to use the WC etc. My was very frank with us, telling us when we were being funny, and in my case once, while taking my picture, telling me to fix my hair because I didn’t look so good! We all got a big laugh out of that. My is simply fun to be with and so easy to travel with. She also didn’t take opportunities to shorten our day when we offered them, insisting there was time to see everything. We were so glad we did because otherwise we might have missed the Marble mountains which was a highlight of one of our days. After she left us, My stayed in touch to make sure that we had arrived at the airport all right and to wish us safe journeys. We were very very sad to leave her. If you do a tour with Xuan Tu Tours in Central Vietnam please request My and Vu, you will be thrilled you did. In Ho Chi Minh CIty, we were paired with Lan and Hong. Lan is also an excellent tour guide. She happily shared her viewpoints and told us what she had been taught in school and sincerely wanted to know how that differed from what we had been taught as Americans. She was also very happy when she would learn new phrases from us, like passive aggressive. LAN’s pace is perfect, not too fast nor too slow. She knows exactly the right points and highlights to hit and conveys a lot of information without it feeling like too much. Because of this, we were able to see a lot of sites in a single day without feeling like they were drive buys. I especially appreciated the nearly one hour rickshaw ride we did throughout Ho Chi Minh CIty. It was a wonderful experience and a great way to see the city. LAN was also extremely flexible. She arranged it so that we stopped to get my son a new SIM card for his phone and went back to where we were staying to pick up my husband who had not been feeling well in the morning. Nothing was a problem for her. LAN also knew when we wanted to talk and when we needed some down time. She also helped me arrange a ride to the airport I had not requested in my initial booking. If you visit Ho Chi Minh City, please ask for LAN and Hong. As an aside, I must give praise to LAM back at home base who made himself available through WhatsApp 7 days a week to answer questions and provide assistance when we needed it. We very much appreciated his steady hand in the background. If You go to VietNam don’t think twice about booking with Xuan Tu Tours. They are the best.

Reviewed 29 June 2019

Friendly tour guide, started the tour with a hearty breakfast, ordered food for us, ensure we were well taken care of as my parent has both knees operated. City tour and My Son tour was good, language command is good enough to understand. Recommend to anyone who wants to come Hoi An to book this tour company.

Reviewed 27 June 2019

I visited Viet Nam for the first time, and My (for English-speaking folks, pronounced "Wee") as the guide and Vu (rhymes with "you") as our driver showed me around Hue, Da Nang (My's home town), and Hoi An over 4 days. Vu was dependable, always where we needed him to be when we needed him there. Safe driver, good navigator, and friendly and accommodating. His English was not as good as My's--whom I would describe as "conversational" if not "fluent"--so we spent most of our time with My. And she is a total delight! Young, vibrant and genuine. University degree in tourism, but more like a friend-of-a-friend who knew you were coming to town and wanted to proudly show off where she grew up. We have traveled a lot and had many tour guides, but this was the first that I felt like we were with family and not a commercial counterparty earning her keep. What do I mean? She had opinions. She engaged. She laughed at us when we did silly things, and then explained why in her culture they were silly. She said silly things and listened when we explained why, to us, they were silly. She asked questions about our lives, she asked about pictures we showed her of our lives back home, and she talked with enthusiasm about her own. She worked tirelessly at helping us in our attempts at pronouncing the Vietnamese word for "delicious." Apparently, we kept saying "vomit" instead, and she laughed at us and tried to demonstrate. She wouldn't let us bail on one particular stop (Marble Mountain outside Da Nang) when it was getting late and we were tired--and marveled with us when she saw the sights at dusk in a way she had not seen them before (because we had her out way past the normal time). I could go on, but instead I'll say count yourself lucky if you can line her--and/or Vu--up to show you around this amazing part of the world.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 26 June 2019

We booked this excellent tour from Hoi An to Hue. Our guide "Can" picked us up at our hotel in Hoi An. On Our way to Hue we stopped in Danang and we had the best Vietnamese coffee at Nam Cafe. We visited the Imperial tombs before arriving to Hue and visiting the Citadel and Pagoda. Our guide "Can" was friendly, spoke good English and knew the history well. He was very welcoming and by the end of the tour we considered him a new friend. Ask for him, he was excellent. There were no shopping stops involved and the restaurants he recommended were very good.

2  Thank fernMiami