“"caution - you wont be able to leave!"”

Mui Ne Hills Budget Hotel
Ranked #1 of 123 Phan Thiet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Value per money to a extreme level! Amazing atmosphere to chill all day long by the pool drinking beer and eating Banh Mi!

The crowd is all young and fun, staff is slow but efficient and friendly, the facilities clean and beautifully design. Nice views and pool.

Things to improve:
1. Toilet: cleanliness, design & amenities
2. Food consistency: every banh mi was a lottery, sometimes crunchy bread, sometimes not
3. Breakfast: Both the 3$ and the 5$ set menus are a joke (the only difference is one extra juice and a banana). Who thought that was a good idea? Improve that set, or just limite it to "a la carte".
4. Staff at the reception a bit too pushy, they try to sell you everything. From flip flops to Quad tours without even asking them.

Overall the best place I've stated in my trip around south east Asia (budget hotel), or at least the one I had more fun and met more interesting people! Be aware, you plan a 2 day stay and end up staying there for one week!

Room Tip: Worth it to share a 4 adult individual room than a bed room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Had a great time , they have good rooms, I wil prefer the 4 bed dorm.. the pool is great with a seavieuw. The managers are very kind and helped me a lot with planning my next destanations. Its not far from the beach and in the street to the hotel are many of good and cheap restaurants

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Bart B
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Firstly let me say the hotel itself deserves a full 5 out of 5 but 2 things let it down for me and I had to downgrade a star.

Pros.

Hotel is off the main road with a beautiful view over the ocean and everything is very clean.

Rooms are big with comfortable beds and hot showers in modern decor.

The food is good and cheap around the pool.

Staff are all lovely and the hotel is very well kept.

Cons

I booked the hotel through booking.com. As most people are aware you have to enter a credit card into a booking to hold it incase of any cancellations. However you pay at the time of check out.
On arrival I was told I had already been charged on credit card....very naughty since i had not even checked in at this point....also I was charged in usd I have a UK bank card and will be charged a conversion rate. The hotel did not seem bothered by this and it seems to happen to everyone. This is unappealing to me...being charged before I stay?!

There are 2 dogs(1 with a puppy) outside the hotel in very bad conditions. Every day they lay outside the hotel. I asked if there was a local vet I could phone as I was willing to pay the costs for treatment but the hotels response was that the dog had been like that for a year and they thought it would have died by now. Again not very nice in my eyes.

I put in laundry and had to send it back as it was stinking of cigarette smoke.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scotlandsteph
Erik H, Owner at Mui Ne Hills Budget Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Scott,

Thank you for having stayed with us. We much appreciate your lovely comments and thank you for having taken the time to write us your lovely review.

With respect to your 2 comments, kindly note:

1/ We clearly stipulate on all booking sites - including Booking.com - that we do debit the credit card of the guest prior to arrival as to validate your booking. This was also clearly printed by Booking.com on your booking confirmation. As our hotels are fully booked all year around we have given up to reserve rooms for guests who make bookings with invalid credit cards and then do not show up. We do not believe this is a fair way of reserving rooms especially towards fellow travelers whom would have loved to stay longer or check in.

2/ The dogs you refer to belong to our neighbor. We have proposed the same many times but he strictly refuse that the dogs are being taken care of. Unfortunately we have no right to overrule his decision. We have 4 dogs ourselves whom are well taken care of and feel exactly the same as you. We daily give these dogs and puppies some food as well.

We wish you an enjoyable onward journey and hope to welcome you back one day !

Kind regards from all of us !

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We booked to stay in a standard double and got upgraded to the villa part of the hotel - lovely surprise after a month in basic accommodation. We booked to stay here 5 nights originally (we needed a break after months in cities) however extended to 7 nights as we enjoyed it so much. The pools were well maintained and the room and bathroom was spacious. The room was also cleaned each day which was nice. 2 USD breakfast was very good value for money. Only downside for some may be that it's located at the top of a hill - this wasn't a problem for us! Would definitely recommend and would stay here again as it is great value for money!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 6 December 2016

We booked at Mui Ne Budget Hotel, standard room and was luckily upgraded into an awesome villa.
Although location is not good as the hotel is located in a small alley up in the hill, you have to walk a quite long rough way to get there. After an active day or late party, this could be tiring. No taxi could reach. Anyway, there are many local restaurants, bike for hire services along the way.
The villa was great, especially the balcony with sea view. Nothing to complain.
Staffs were so friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Not seaside hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends